    Any ideas that won't greatly reduce my CPU speed because I have tried
    disabling that setting in the BIOS but thats not feasible unless I want a
    computer on par with 98'
    Nik Schlein, May 12, 2005

  2. Nik Schlein

    Win Guest

    I loaded 2000 on mine then used the speed stepping stuff from Intel (chipset
    not CPU) as I found this was better, and it could be disabled from control
    panel. XP seams not to alower this feature just always works....as you have
    found
    So set the bios to 98 in the bios. I do not think it will affect your speed
    any. The PC should always run at it's fastest. But battery life will be less

    Win, May 12, 2005

  3. Nik Schlein wrote:

    > I have a speedstep enabled Pentium M 1.60ghz processor on my laptop.

    > My problem is everytime the system changes the CPU throttle World of
    > Warcraft detects a change in hardware and I have to change all of my default
    > settings. This is highly annoying.

    You're lucky you don't have to call Microsoft and get a new activation
    code for Windows, too. :)

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Blinky the Shark, May 12, 2005