Speeding up the Internet?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by SR, Dec 12, 2003.

  1. SR

    SR Guest

    ActiveSpeed and ActivePrivacy Bonus Offer
    Blaze through the web up to 375% faster than before with exclusive new
    technology. Pay only $29.95 for ActiveSpeed (a 50% savings!) and get
    ActivePrivacy for free (a $39.95 retail value), plus 30 days of service and
    updates. Your satisfaction is ensured with our 30-day money back guarantee
    and lifetime technical support. Limited time offer.

    The above ad comes from the Kazaa Plus site.
    Does anybody use this software? Since I can cancel the order within 30 days
    if not satisfied, I might well give it a try...
    Are there other alternatives (Shareware, Freeware) which can do the same?
    I'd like to compare them a bit since "375%" sounds to me like "learning a
    language in 14 days" or "becoming a millionaire in one month".
    BTW, if you order directly from the software maker, the price is $39.95...
    I use Windows XP and an optical fiber connection (100 Mbits.... well, in
    theory at least).

    Thanks,
    S.R.

    SR, Dec 12, 2003

  2. SR

    Helpneeded Guest

    Sounds like a con to me - 375% faster - lol. Pure bull sh**t.
    "SR" <-net.ne.jp> wrote in message
    > ActiveSpeed and ActivePrivacy Bonus Offer
    > Blaze through the web up to 375% faster than before with exclusive new
    > technology. Pay only $29.95 for ActiveSpeed (a 50% savings!) and get
    > ActivePrivacy for free (a $39.95 retail value), plus 30 days of service

    and
    > updates. Your satisfaction is ensured with our 30-day money back guarantee
    > and lifetime technical support. Limited time offer.
    >

    > The above ad comes from the Kazaa Plus site.
    > Does anybody use this software? Since I can cancel the order within 30

    days
    > if not satisfied, I might well give it a try...
    > Are there other alternatives (Shareware, Freeware) which can do the same?
    > I'd like to compare them a bit since "375%" sounds to me like "learning a
    > language in 14 days" or "becoming a millionaire in one month".
    > BTW, if you order directly from the software maker, the price is $39.95...
    > I use Windows XP and an optical fiber connection (100 Mbits.... well, in
    > theory at least).
    >
    > Thanks,
    > S.R.

    http://www.uncensored-news.com

    <><><><><><><><>

    Helpneeded, Dec 12, 2003

  3. SR

    olfart Guest

    "SR" <-net.ne.jp> wrote in message
    > ActiveSpeed and ActivePrivacy Bonus Offer
    > Blaze through the web up to 375% faster than before with exclusive

    new
    > technology. Pay only $29.95 for ActiveSpeed (a 50% savings!) and get
    > ActivePrivacy for free (a $39.95 retail value), plus 30 days of

    service and
    > updates. Your satisfaction is ensured with our 30-day money back

    guarantee
    > and lifetime technical support. Limited time offer.
    >

    > The above ad comes from the Kazaa Plus site.
    > Does anybody use this software? Since I can cancel the order within

    30 days
    > if not satisfied, I might well give it a try...<snip>

    and if you act now they will throw in a Bridge in NY absolutely free

    olfart, Dec 12, 2003
  4. SR

    °Mike° Guest

    Sure, go ahead and waste your money on this unadulterated
    crap.

    On 12 Dec 2003 00:59:19 GMT, in
    <-news.com>
    SR scrawled:

    >ActiveSpeed and ActivePrivacy Bonus Offer

    <snip>

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Dec 12, 2003
  5. °Mike° <> writes:

    > Sure, go ahead and waste your money on this unadulterated
    > crap.

    Hell, no!! Let them waste their money by sending it to me, to help pay
    for my ADSL. That way, they can have the satisfaction of knowing that
    their money has least bought _someone_ a genuine huge increase in
    Internet speed.
    --
    Registered Linux User 297164
    GPG Key ID 1B1B6A1D5A2407C3

    Max Quordlepleen, Dec 12, 2003
  6. SR

    °Mike° Guest

    On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 14:36:37 +1300, in
    <>
    Max Quordlepleen scrawled:

    >°Mike° <> writes:
    >
    >> Sure, go ahead and waste your money on this unadulterated
    >> crap.

    >Hell, no!! Let them waste their money by sending it to me, to help pay
    >for my ADSL. That way, they can have the satisfaction of knowing that
    >their money has least bought _someone_ a genuine huge increase in
    >Internet speed.

    But you didn't leave your address, Max. ;^)

    --
    STGP, OGPE24HSHD

    °Mike°, Dec 12, 2003
  7. °Mike° <> writes:

    > But you didn't leave your address, Max. ;^)

    Yes I did - my custom-made copy of ActivePrivacy for Linux, by
    Emperor'sNewClothes Software Inc., must have removed it from plain
    sight. Send me $6 and I'll give the kewy to unlocking my hidden address.

    Max Quordlepleen, Dec 12, 2003
  8. On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 01:07:08 GMT in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, my mind boggled
    at the following statement by olfart in message news:brb4cd$1fh99$1@ID-
    34582.news.uni-berlin.de

    snip

    > and if you act now they will throw in a Bridge in NY absolutely free

    And, as a bonus, some beach-front property in Arizona....

    --
    The Old Sourdough
    No of SETI units returned: 2513

    The Old Sourdough, Dec 12, 2003
  9. SR

    °Mike° Guest

    On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 14:47:49 +1300, in
    <>
    Max Quordlepleen scrawled:

    >°Mike° <> writes:
    >
    >> But you didn't leave your address, Max. ;^)

    >Yes I did - my custom-made copy of ActivePrivacy for Linux, by
    >Emperor'sNewClothes Software Inc., must have removed it from plain
    >sight. Send me $6 and I'll give the kewy to unlocking my hidden address.

    I think I'll keep my $6, seeing as how I can only get dial-up.

    --
    "Jealous, am I? Yes, I suppose I am."
    - Clark Gable

    °Mike°, Dec 12, 2003
  10. °Mike° <> writes:

    > I think I'll keep my $6, seeing as how I can only get dial-up.

    The weird thing is, something screwy's being going on with my
    ADSL. I'm on a plan that is supposed to be capped at 256K, so my normal
    download speed is around 32KB/s. Over the last few days, my average has
    been more like 50KB/s, and I've just downloaded StarOffice, 117MB, at an
    average speed of around 120KB/s. A _very_ distressing malfunction, I can
    assure you. I don't know how long it lasts, and I can't quite figure
    out why I haven't contacted my supplier to see if they know what's
    going on.

    Max Quordlepleen, Dec 12, 2003
  11. SR

    SR Guest

    "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > Sure, go ahead and waste your money on this unadulterated
    > crap.

    Thanks everybody for your negative answers!
    I have checked it out and found NO DIFFERENCE IN SPEED...
    Now I am going to cancel the great deal, and afterward I'll uninstall it
    forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    SR, Dec 12, 2003
  12. SR

    Mara Guest

    On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 15:27:10 +1300, Max Quordlepleen wrote:

    >°Mike° <> writes:
    >
    >> I think I'll keep my $6, seeing as how I can only get dial-up.

    >The weird thing is, something screwy's being going on with my
    >ADSL. I'm on a plan that is supposed to be capped at 256K, so my normal
    >download speed is around 32KB/s. Over the last few days, my average has
    >been more like 50KB/s, and I've just downloaded StarOffice, 117MB, at an
    >average speed of around 120KB/s. A _very_ distressing malfunction, I can
    >assure you. I don't know how long it lasts, and I can't quite figure
    >out why I haven't contacted my supplier to see if they know what's
    >going on.

    I can explain this. It's because you're not a gibbering idiot. This is easily
    cured by a couple of whacks upside the head with the bat of your choice.

    "I don't recommend it, though."

    --
    When life gives you lemons, throw them back and tell life to make its own
    damned lemonade. --Unknown

    Mara, Dec 12, 2003
  13. SR

    -= Hawk =- Guest

    On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 20:09:15 -0600, The Old Sourdough
    <> scribbled:

    >On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 01:07:08 GMT in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, my mind boggled
    >at the following statement by olfart in message news:brb4cd$1fh99$1@ID-
    >34582.news.uni-berlin.de
    >

    >snip
    >
    >> and if you act now they will throw in a Bridge in NY absolutely free
    >>

    >And, as a bonus, some beach-front property in Arizona....

    You do mean ocean front, right?
    http://www.powellguide.com/

    Riddles II, v3
    - T. Pratchett

    -= Hawk =-, Dec 12, 2003
  14. What's Mr Google got to say?

    $6.95 - http://www.uncensored-news.com
    > <><><><><><><> The Worlds Uncensored News

    Source <><><><><><><><>

    Situation Toasted, Dec 12, 2003
  15. SR

    Ian Guest

    Up to 375% means that will be the best possible performance.
    You may only get an extra 1% improvement. That still fits
    within the product description.

    "SR" <-net.ne.jp> wrote in message
    > ActiveSpeed and ActivePrivacy Bonus Offer
    > Blaze through the web up to 375% faster than before with

    exclusive new
    > technology. Pay only $29.95 for ActiveSpeed (a 50%

    savings!) and get
    > ActivePrivacy for free (a $39.95 retail value), plus 30

    days of service and
    > updates. Your satisfaction is ensured with our 30-day

    money back guarantee
    > and lifetime technical support. Limited time offer.
    >

    > The above ad comes from the Kazaa Plus site.
    > Does anybody use this software? Since I can cancel the

    order within 30 days
    > if not satisfied, I might well give it a try...
    > Are there other alternatives (Shareware, Freeware) which

    can do the same?
    > I'd like to compare them a bit since "375%" sounds to me

    like "learning a
    > language in 14 days" or "becoming a millionaire in one

    month".
    > BTW, if you order directly from the software maker, the

    price is $39.95...
    > I use Windows XP and an optical fiber connection (100

    Mbits.... well, in
    > theory at least).
    >
    > Thanks,
    > S.R.

    $6.95 - http://www.uncensored-news.com
    > <><><><><><><> The Worlds Uncensored News

    Source <><><><><><><><>

    Ian, Dec 12, 2003
  16. SR

    °Mike° Guest

    On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 15:27:10 +1300, in
    <>
    Max Quordlepleen scrawled:

    >°Mike° <> writes:
    >
    >> I think I'll keep my $6, seeing as how I can only get dial-up.

    >The weird thing is, something screwy's being going on with my
    >ADSL. I'm on a plan that is supposed to be capped at 256K, so my normal
    >download speed is around 32KB/s. Over the last few days, my average has
    >been more like 50KB/s, and I've just downloaded StarOffice, 117MB, at an
    >average speed of around 120KB/s. A _very_ distressing malfunction, I can
    >assure you. I don't know how long it lasts, and I can't quite figure
    >out why I haven't contacted my supplier to see if they know what's
    >going on.

    I can imagine how stressed you are/were. Not to worry, I
    have contacted your supplier for you, and your "misfortune"
    is scheduled to be remedied forthwith.

    --
    "Bastard!"

    °Mike°, Dec 12, 2003
  17. SR

    Greg M Guest

    °Mike° <> wrote in

    > On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 15:27:10 +1300, in
    > <>
    > Max Quordlepleen scrawled:

    <snip>

    > I can imagine how stressed you are/were. Not to worry, I
    > have contacted your supplier for you, and your "misfortune"
    > is scheduled to be remedied forthwith.

    He spends so much time in *tomorrow* he just thinks it's faster!!

    --
    "For me. color was
    daylong obsession, joy,

    Greg M, Dec 13, 2003
  18. SR

    °Mike° Guest

    On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 19:39:17 -0600, in
    <Xns944FD22785B62oo27@216.196.97.132>
    Greg M scrawled:

    >°Mike° <> wrote in
    >
    >> On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 15:27:10 +1300, in
    >> <>
    >> Max Quordlepleen scrawled:
    >>

    ><snip>
    >
    >> I can imagine how stressed you are/were. Not to worry, I
    >> have contacted your supplier for you, and your "misfortune"
    >> is scheduled to be remedied forthwith.

    >He spends so much time in *tomorrow* he just thinks it's faster!!

    Jejejeje! I like that. :)

    °Mike°, Dec 13, 2003
  19. SR

    Greg M Guest

    °Mike° <> wrote in

    >>> I can imagine how stressed you are/were. Not to worry, I
    >>> have contacted your supplier for you, and your "misfortune"
    >>> is scheduled to be remedied forthwith.

    >>He spends so much time in *tomorrow* he just thinks it's faster!!

    > Jejejeje! I like that. :)

    Heh heh heh ....

    --
    "For me. color was