Speed

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Roger Dewhurst, Aug 8, 2007.

  1. Is 6.7KB/s OK for broadband or should I expect more?

    Roger Dewhurst, Aug 8, 2007

  2. "Roger Dewhurst" <> wrote in message
    news:f9b7br$a5h$...
    > Is 6.7KB/s OK for broadband or should I expect more?

    Depends what type of Broadband connection you are buying.. If youare buying
    100M then it is slow.

    Craig Whitmore, Aug 8, 2007

  3. Roger Dewhurst

    Allistar Guest

    Roger Dewhurst wrote:

    > Is 6.7KB/s OK for broadband or should I expect more?

    I would expect about 4.5KB/s for dialup. I get about 700KB/s on my broadband
    connection, so the speed you mentioned is very (very!) poor.

    Allistar.

    Allistar, Aug 8, 2007
  4. Roger Dewhurst

    Peter Guest

    Roger Dewhurst wrote:
    > Is 6.7KB/s OK for broadband or should I expect more?

    That's very slow, but might be the server or some other problem. Try this
    link to test your connection ...
    http://www.speedtest.net/

    HTH

    Peter

    Peter, Aug 8, 2007
  5. Roger Dewhurst

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Roger Dewhurst wrote:
    > Is 6.7KB/s OK for broadband or should I expect more?

    That sucks. However, this is NZ and we are at the mercy of Telecom so you
    should damn well just be grateful that you have a connection at all! ;-)
    --
    TTFN.

    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Aug 9, 2007