Speed Problem

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by =?Utf-8?B?U2VyZ2lv?=, Oct 21, 2004.

  1. Dear all,

    I have two computers (Windows XP Home edition sp2) with the same hardware
    configuration. I have installed on them Conceptronic C54RC, these cards are
    able to work on 54Mbps but the maximun speed I get is only 11Mbps.

    Could you please explain me how can resolve this issue?

    Thanks in advance,
    Sergio.
     
    =?Utf-8?B?U2VyZ2lv?=, Oct 21, 2004
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Look for a setting in your Router/Access Point to set the mode to "Wireless
    G" only. You may have set it to "mixed". Terminology varies-look in the
    manual.

    "Sergio" wrote:

    > Dear all,
    >
    > I have two computers (Windows XP Home edition sp2) with the same hardware
    > configuration. I have installed on them Conceptronic C54RC, these cards are
    > able to work on 54Mbps but the maximun speed I get is only 11Mbps.
    >
    > Could you please explain me how can resolve this issue?
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Sergio.
    >
     
    =?Utf-8?B?SHVnaA==?=, Oct 22, 2004
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. I don't have any Access Point, I have connected the two computers in Ad-Hoc
    mode.


    "Hugh" wrote:

    > Look for a setting in your Router/Access Point to set the mode to "Wireless
    > G" only. You may have set it to "mixed". Terminology varies-look in the
    > manual.
    >
    > "Sergio" wrote:
    >
    > > Dear all,
    > >
    > > I have two computers (Windows XP Home edition sp2) with the same hardware
    > > configuration. I have installed on them Conceptronic C54RC, these cards are
    > > able to work on 54Mbps but the maximun speed I get is only 11Mbps.
    > >
    > > Could you please explain me how can resolve this issue?
    > >
    > > Thanks in advance,
    > > Sergio.
    > >
     
    =?Utf-8?B?U2VyZ2lv?=, Oct 23, 2004
    #3
  4. From the support pages: http://www.tulip.com/Support/faq2.asp?g=1
    Question:
    When using two Conceptronic 54Mbps Wireless products (C54C, C54I) we
    do not achieve 54Mbps but 11Mbps when using the devices in AD-HOC modus.

    Is this normal?


    Answer
    Yes, this is normal

    According to the Wifi 11g test plan "Ad Hoc Support (IBSS)" it states that:

    "The WiFi 802.11g Test Plan only allows IBSS operation using rates of
    1,2,5.5 and 11Mbps"
    Get an AP if you want more speed, but the actual increase in speed may not
    justify the expense.

    "Sergio" wrote:

    > I don't have any Access Point, I have connected the two computers in Ad-Hoc
    > mode.
    >
    >
    > "Hugh" wrote:
    >
    > > Look for a setting in your Router/Access Point to set the mode to "Wireless
    > > G" only. You may have set it to "mixed". Terminology varies-look in the
    > > manual.
    > >
    > > "Sergio" wrote:
    > >
    > > > Dear all,
    > > >
    > > > I have two computers (Windows XP Home edition sp2) with the same hardware
    > > > configuration. I have installed on them Conceptronic C54RC, these cards are
    > > > able to work on 54Mbps but the maximun speed I get is only 11Mbps.
    > > >
    > > > Could you please explain me how can resolve this issue?
    > > >
    > > > Thanks in advance,
    > > > Sergio.
    > > >
     
    =?Utf-8?B?SHVnaA==?=, Oct 24, 2004
    #4
  5. Thanks Hugh for your efforts.


    "Hugh" wrote:

    > From the support pages: http://www.tulip.com/Support/faq2.asp?g=1
    > Question:
    > When using two Conceptronic 54Mbps Wireless products (C54C, C54I) we
    > do not achieve 54Mbps but 11Mbps when using the devices in AD-HOC modus.
    >
    > Is this normal?
    >
    >
    > Answer
    > Yes, this is normal
    >
    > According to the Wifi 11g test plan "Ad Hoc Support (IBSS)" it states that:
    >
    > "The WiFi 802.11g Test Plan only allows IBSS operation using rates of
    > 1,2,5.5 and 11Mbps"
    > Get an AP if you want more speed, but the actual increase in speed may not
    > justify the expense.
    >
    > "Sergio" wrote:
    >
    > > I don't have any Access Point, I have connected the two computers in Ad-Hoc
    > > mode.
    > >
    > >
    > > "Hugh" wrote:
    > >
    > > > Look for a setting in your Router/Access Point to set the mode to "Wireless
    > > > G" only. You may have set it to "mixed". Terminology varies-look in the
    > > > manual.
    > > >
    > > > "Sergio" wrote:
    > > >
    > > > > Dear all,
    > > > >
    > > > > I have two computers (Windows XP Home edition sp2) with the same hardware
    > > > > configuration. I have installed on them Conceptronic C54RC, these cards are
    > > > > able to work on 54Mbps but the maximun speed I get is only 11Mbps.
    > > > >
    > > > > Could you please explain me how can resolve this issue?
    > > > >
    > > > > Thanks in advance,
    > > > > Sergio.
    > > > >
     
    =?Utf-8?B?U2VyZ2lv?=, Oct 24, 2004
    #5
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Lance
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    749
    Lance
    Oct 31, 2004
  2. DannyD1355

    USB High Speed against USB Non High Speed

    DannyD1355, Sep 7, 2003, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    621
    Patrick
    Sep 7, 2003
  3. a.metselaar

    speed speed speed

    a.metselaar, Dec 28, 2003, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    14
    Views:
    1,041
    BuffNET Tech Support - MichaelJ
    Dec 30, 2003
  4. hummingbird
    Replies:
    6
    Views:
    1,215
    hummingbird
    Jun 12, 2004
  5. Vincent Wonnacott

    DVD Write speed - Not able to write at 8 speed

    Vincent Wonnacott, Sep 16, 2004, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    681
    Phantom
    Sep 16, 2004
Loading...

Share This Page