    Opentoe Guest

    Is there a major speed difference between these cameras? General use, point
    and shoot?
    Opentoe, Aug 6, 2003

  2. Opentoe

    Jon Noble Guest

    "Terry" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > With the G5 the wait is about 1.5 seconds between shots even in RAW mode.
    > With the C5050 you'll wait about two seconds between shots in SHQ mode.

    The C-5050 has a high-speed drive mode that shoots SHQ at the rate of about
    3 per second up to about 6 or 8 (I'm not looking at the spec sheet, but this
    is from my experience shooting seagulls in flight off the Bainbridge Ferry
    last weekend.) And you don't have to wait for the buffer to empty...as soon
    as there's room for one more, another shot will fire.

    -Jon
    Jon Noble, Aug 7, 2003

  3. Opentoe

    M. Souris Guest

    Actually, I just checked my C-5050.
    In TIFF mode, it takes 10-12 seconds to store the picture.
    In RAW mode, it takes about 5 seconds.
    Must depend on the speed of the card.

    M. Souris, Aug 7, 2003
  4. Opentoe

    M. Souris Guest

    Check this link to see how to set up the C-5050 so it shoots
    exceedingly fast.
    http://www.wrotniak.net/photo/c5050/c5050-leica.html

    M. Souris, Aug 8, 2003