    or is it that the Windows XP built in software just does not show fast speeds
    because it was not built to support wireless N? if this is the case am I
    still getting the faster speed but Windows is just not showing it?

    Jason, Oct 29, 2008

  2. Jason

    Juan Perez Guest

    Hi:

    Which manfacturer is your router and your Laptop card?

    To reach the full N speed, normally you need that the Wireless NIC card and
    the router been the same manufacturer.

    --

    Un Saludo
    Juan Perez

    Juan Perez, Oct 29, 2008

  3. Jason

    Jason Guest

    Access point is a Cisco 1250 and the wireless card would be the built-in card
    on Dell laptop which is an Intel

    Jason, Oct 29, 2008
  4. Hi
    In general the Speed of the connection and the capacity of each category of
    the connection is supplied to Windows by the Drivers of the Wireless card.
    If you Wireless Router, and Card are set correctly to work as Draft-N, and
    they are fully compatible one with the other (there is No 802.11n standard,
    there currently only Draft-N ver2.0). Your reduced Wireless "Speed" can be
    a result of environmental electronic noise, Wireless is set to reduce
    "Speed" when the Signal to noise ratio is too high. Try to change the
    Wireless Channel that the Access point is working on.
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Oct 29, 2008
  5. Jason

    Juan Perez Guest

    Hi:

    I did not ask you but your systems (NIC+Router) are Draft N?

    That means that to reach the maximun of 150Mbps and 300Mbps, been of
    diferent manufacturers.

    --

    Un Saludo
    Juan Perez