    other way around.
    Also any links to language translation software.
    Mike.

    Mike@Lincoln, Jul 31, 2005

  2. Mike@Lincoln

    7 Guest

    Mike@Lincoln wrote:

    > I see that there are plenty of freeware text-to-speech programs
    > around..........anyone know of any (preferably freeware) that works the
    > other way around.
    > Also any links to language translation software.
    > Mike.

    http://linux-sound.org/speech.html

    There are liveCDs packaging apps that allow the free applications like these
    to be packaged and run from liveCDs.

    Text to speech is already availabe as the oralux liveCD.
    LiveCDs with speech to text don't recall any as yet.

    http://www.livecdlist.com/
    http://www.livecdnews.com/

    7, Jul 31, 2005

  3. Mike@Lincoln

    PC Guest

    "Mike@Lincoln" <> wrote in message
    >I see that there are plenty of freeware text-to-speech programs
    >around..........anyone know of any (preferably freeware) that works the
    >other way around.
    > Also any links to language translation software.
    > Mike.

    Mike

    If you are using XP there is a 'Speech to Text' engine included with XP.
    Go
    Start
    Help and Support
    Search for "Speech to Text"
    and look for 'Add speech recognition'

    Never used it so don't know it's capabilities.

    Cheers
    Paul.

    PC, Aug 1, 2005