    Is there a way to use Speech Recognition without using the headphones? There
    should be a way to hook up the computer to speakers so you can come into the
    room and start talking to the computer?

    Richard, Apr 14, 2007

  2. Richard

    WhzzKdd Guest

    "Richard" <> wrote in message
    news:Nz6Uh.172181$...
    > Is there a way to use Speech Recognition without using the headphones?
    > There
    > should be a way to hook up the computer to speakers so you can come into
    > the
    > room and start talking to the computer?

    Not a good idea. People will wonder what's wrong with you.

    WhzzKdd, Apr 14, 2007

  3. On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 08:38:06 -0700, "Richard" <>
    wrote:

    >Is there a way to use Speech Recognition without using the headphones? There
    >should be a way to hook up the computer to speakers so you can come into the
    >room and start talking to the computer?

    If the speech recognition is trained using the conditions you want it
    might recognize a few words but that's about it. Any noise in the room
    will produce all sorts of rubbish..

    --
    Steve Wolstenholme Neural Planner Software Ltd

    http://www.easynn.com

    Steve Wolstenholme, Apr 14, 2007
  4. Richard wrote:
    > Is there a way to use Speech Recognition without using the headphones? There
    > should be a way to hook up the computer to speakers so you can come into the
    > room and start talking to the computer?

    Speakers? Wouldn't you need a microphone?

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Apr 14, 2007
  5. Richard

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2007-04-14, Blinky the Shark <> wrote:
    > Richard wrote:
    >> Is there a way to use Speech Recognition without using the headphones? There
    >> should be a way to hook up the computer to speakers so you can come into the
    >> room and start talking to the computer?

    > Speakers? Wouldn't you need a microphone?

    Only if the computer doesn't know sign-language.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Apr 14, 2007
  6. Richard

    WhzzKdd Guest

    "Whiskers" <> wrote in message
    > On 2007-04-14, Blinky the Shark <> wrote:
    >> Richard wrote:
    >>> Is there a way to use Speech Recognition without using the headphones?
    >>> There
    >>> should be a way to hook up the computer to speakers so you can come into
    >>> the
    >>> room and start talking to the computer?

    >> Speakers? Wouldn't you need a microphone?

    > Only if the computer doesn't know sign-language.

    Images of flipping off the PC come flooding my mind...

    WhzzKdd, Apr 14, 2007
  7. WhzzKdd wrote:

    >"Whiskers" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> Speakers? Wouldn't you need a microphone?

    >> Only if the computer doesn't know sign-language.
    >>

    >Images of flipping off the PC come flooding my mind...

    I've done that. But it was directed at certain posters, my PC knew
    what I meant.

    Milhouse Van Houten, Apr 14, 2007
  8. Richard

    WhzzKdd Guest

    "Milhouse Van Houten" <> wrote in message
    > WhzzKdd wrote:
    >
    >>"Whiskers" <> wrote in message

    >>> Only if the computer doesn't know sign-language.
    >>>

    >>Images of flipping off the PC come flooding my mind...
    >>

    > I've done that. But it was directed at certain posters, my PC knew
    > what I meant.

    <G> Yup!

    WhzzKdd, Apr 14, 2007