speech recognition tab missing

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Eli Aran, Dec 19, 2004.

  1. Eli Aran

    Eli Aran Guest

    i installed a great SR (voice recognition) program called Nitrous Voice Flux
    2.0
    they said if there is a runtime error 5 while using the program i need to
    delete it together with the TTS engine
    then i should uninstall both the program and the two (TTS and SR) additional
    engines that come with it during installation.
    i went to Add/Remove Programs and uninstalled the program, Lernaut and
    Hauspy TTS and everything that reminded me of voice.
    i re-installed it and had the two engines installed with it.
    the program works well. by the way, it also has a simple user friendly
    script editor to add your own commands to it.
    the thing is, i wanted to train the voice recognition part to get used to my
    voice better because a big percentage of my spoken words are not clear
    enough or are somehow disregarded.
    i went to control panel->speech but there is no "Speech Recognition tab". it
    probably vanished while i was removing programs or engines and reinstalling
    did not bring it back.
    how do i get the tab back so i can train the machine to better recognize my
    speech?
    thank you

    Eli Aran, Dec 19, 2004

  2. Eli Aran

    °Mike° Guest

    Install Speech Recognition:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/home/using/productdoc/en/input_speech_install.asp

    To add speech recognition:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/home/using/productdoc/en/input_speech_add.asp

    On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 19:47:31 +0200, in
    <>
    Eli Aran scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Dec 19, 2004

  3. Eli Aran

    °Mike° Guest

    Ok, well I'm glad you found it, and thanks for the feedback.

    On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 21:31:57 +0200, in
    <>
    Eli Aran scrawled:

    >thank you, but unlike what the links you provided me mention, i found the
    >training button here:
    >start-> controle panel-> speech-> "other" tab -> SAPI 4 Control Panel
    >(button) -> speech input-Microsoft Speech Recognition Engine 4.0 English.
    >when i clicked on the later, i got the "Training" button at the bottom of
    >the window to show up again. this is where i did my training.
    >i apreciate your help. the links you provided mainly deal with how to use
    >the "speech recognition" tab in control panel->speech but as i mentioned, in
    >my case it was an element in the "other" tab.

    <snip>

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Dec 19, 2004