    be on line most of the time but I may have to take it down from time to
    time while I make adjustments to the system.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Jul 14, 2005

  2. Ivor Jones

    GwG Guest

    "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > Hi All,
    >
    > I now have a speaking clock on a Sipgate number, if anyone wants to try
    > calling it..! The number is 1431320 (Sipgate) or 020 7043 1320 from the
    > PSTN.
    >
    > This is a synthesised recording of the voice of Pat Simmons, who was the
    > voice of the GPO "TIM" speaking clock from 1963 to 1985.
    >
    > Please let me know if you have any problems accessing the clock, it should
    > be on line most of the time but I may have to take it down from time to
    > time while I make adjustments to the system.

    Just tried at 11:15 via Sipgate Ivor, no speaking clock, just Pat Simmons,
    with a masculine voice, on your answerphone :)

    Tried again 11:18 and 40 seconds, and got the speaking clock, checked it for
    accuracy with my radio controlled clock, and spot on. Two further tests OK.

    I hope you don't swamp Sipgate's lines, and cause them any problems ;-)
    GwG, Jul 14, 2005

  3. Ivor Jones

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "GwG" <> wrote in message

    > "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Hi All,
    >>
    >> I now have a speaking clock on a Sipgate number, if anyone wants to try
    >> calling it..! The number is 1431320 (Sipgate) or 020 7043 1320 from the
    >> PSTN.
    >>
    >> This is a synthesised recording of the voice of Pat Simmons, who was
    >> the
    >> voice of the GPO "TIM" speaking clock from 1963 to 1985.
    >>
    >> Please let me know if you have any problems accessing the clock, it
    >> should
    >> be on line most of the time but I may have to take it down from time to
    >> time while I make adjustments to the system.
    >>

    > Just tried at 11:15 via Sipgate Ivor, no speaking clock, just Pat
    > Simmons,
    > with a masculine voice, on your answerphone :)

    That will cut in if the clock is offline for any reason. It may also come
    in if someone else is using it, the line will only accept one caller at a
    time. I think I'll take the voicemail off, better to get engaged tone I
    think..!

    > Tried again 11:18 and 40 seconds, and got the speaking clock, checked it
    > for
    > accuracy with my radio controlled clock, and spot on. Two further tests
    > OK.

    It's synchronised with MSF in Rugby so should be accurate, although with
    VoIP there may sometimes be a short time lag, but not too much I hope..!

    > I hope you don't swamp Sipgate's lines, and cause them any problems ;-)

    I hope so too :))

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Jul 14, 2005
  4. Ivor Jones

    Guest

    On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 11:31:07 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
    <> wrote:

    >It's synchronised with MSF in Rugby so should be accurate, although with
    >VoIP there may sometimes be a short time lag, but not too much I hope..!

    Just checked it is working fine Ivor and agrees with our wall clock
    which is also synchronised with Rugby .
    Well done .
    , Jul 14, 2005
  5. Ivor Jones

    Ivor Jones Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 11:31:07 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>It's synchronised with MSF in Rugby so should be accurate, although with
    >>VoIP there may sometimes be a short time lag, but not too much I hope..!

    > Just checked it is working fine Ivor and agrees with our wall clock
    > which is also synchronised with Rugby .
    > Well done .

    Someone said it cuts out after a short time, yes unfortunately it will do
    so after 30 seconds, to alter that would require rewriting the firmware,
    which is somewhat beyond me..! Not a major problem but if you want to set
    a watch that needs the minute signal and you dial in at 10 seconds past
    then you will get cut off before the full minute is up, but at least it's
    free to redial on Sipgate..!

    Also note that as it will only handle one call at a time, if you call it
    while it is busy you'll get ringing tone until it's free, which shouldn't
    be longer than 30 seconds.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Jul 14, 2005
  6. Ivor Jones

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Thu, 14 Jul 2005, Ivor Jones writes

    >Hi All,
    >
    >I now have a speaking clock on a Sipgate number, if anyone wants to try
    >calling it..! The number is 1431320 (Sipgate) or 020 7043 1320 from the
    >PSTN.
    >
    >This is a synthesised recording of the voice of Pat Simmons, who was the
    >voice of the GPO "TIM" speaking clock from 1963 to 1985.
    >
    >Please let me know if you have any problems accessing the clock, it should
    >be on line most of the time but I may have to take it down from time to
    >time while I make adjustments to the system.

    This is really good. What nostalgia!! Thanks Ivor.

    I've set my SPA3000 to ring 1431320 on gw2 whenever 123 is dialled.
    Works a treat.

    David
    David Floyd, Jul 14, 2005
  7. Ivor Jones

    Philip Guest

    "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message

    > Hi All,
    >
    > I now have a speaking clock on a Sipgate number, if anyone wants to try
    > calling it..! The number is 1431320 (Sipgate) or 020 7043 1320 from the
    > PSTN.
    >
    > This is a synthesised recording of the voice of Pat Simmons, who was the
    > voice of the GPO "TIM" speaking clock from 1963 to 1985.
    >
    > Please let me know if you have any problems accessing the clock, it should
    > be on line most of the time but I may have to take it down from time to
    > time while I make adjustments to the system.
    >
    > Ivor

    Hi

    Working here, and that voice takes me back a bit.

    Very good.

    Regards

    Phil
    Philip, Jul 14, 2005
  8. Ivor Jones

    Dave Gill Guest

    Ivor Jones <> wrote:

    > Please let me know if you have any problems accessing the clock, it should
    > be on line most of the time but I may have to take it down from time to
    > time while I make adjustments to the system.

    I can access it OK via PSTN, but if I try Sipgate to Sipgate I hear the
    single ring, then silence.

    My Sipgate line seems to be working, a call from a mobile had 2-way
    audio, but strangely the second half of the caller-ID was missing...

    Dave Gill, Jul 14, 2005
  9. Ivor Jones

    Dave Gill Guest

    Dave Gill <> wrote:

    > I can access it OK via PSTN, but if I try Sipgate to Sipgate I hear the
    > single ring, then silence.

    Working fine Gradwell to Sipgate (SIP to SIP) too, but still nothing
    Sipgate to Sipgate. Strange.

    Dave Gill, Jul 14, 2005
  10. Ivor Jones

    Guest

    On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 16:24:12 +0100, David Floyd <>
    wrote:

    >This is really good. What nostalgia!! Thanks Ivor.

    It was nice to hear "her" voice once more :)) .
    , Jul 14, 2005
  11. Ivor Jones

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Thu, 14 Jul 2005, Dave Gill writes
    >Dave Gill <> wrote:
    >
    >> I can access it OK via PSTN, but if I try Sipgate to Sipgate I hear the
    >> single ring, then silence.

    >Working fine Gradwell to Sipgate (SIP to SIP) too, but still nothing
    >Sipgate to Sipgate. Strange.

    What do you mean by Sipgate to Sipgate?

    I dial 1431320 on my Sipgate A/c and I get the speaking clock.

    Is that what you mean? If so, it works for me.

    David
    David Floyd, Jul 14, 2005
  12. Ivor Jones

    Dave Gill Guest

    David Floyd <> wrote:

    > What do you mean by Sipgate to Sipgate?
    >
    > I dial 1431320 on my Sipgate A/c

    That's what I mean...

    > and I get the speaking clock.

    .... and I get naff-all.

    I think it's some bug with my Sipgate account, although a normal call
    from a mobile got through to me. Using the **777 prefix from Gradwell
    worked fine, so it's not likely to be a problem at Ivor's end.

    Dave Gill, Jul 14, 2005
  13. Ivor Jones

    m0rk Guest

    "Dave Gill" <> wrote in message
    > David Floyd <> wrote:
    >
    >> What do you mean by Sipgate to Sipgate?
    >>
    >> I dial 1431320 on my Sipgate A/c

    > That's what I mean...
    >
    >> and I get the speaking clock.

    > ... and I get naff-all.
    >
    > I think it's some bug with my Sipgate account, although a normal call
    > from a mobile got through to me. Using the **777 prefix from Gradwell
    > worked fine, so it's not likely to be a problem at Ivor's end.

    Im on sipgate and worked fine for me just now.
    m0rk, Jul 14, 2005
  14. Ivor Jones

    Guest

    On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 20:47:20 +0100, David Floyd <>
    wrote:

    >What do you mean by Sipgate to Sipgate?
    >
    >I dial 1431320 on my Sipgate A/c and I get the speaking clock.
    >
    >Is that what you mean? If so, it works for me.

    Working fine for me also via Sipgate David just tried it.
    , Jul 14, 2005
  15. Ivor Jones

    Guest

    On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 20:56:23 +0100,
    (Dave Gill) wrote:

    >I think it's some bug with my Sipgate account,

    Now why am I not surprised Dave !!! :)))))) .
    , Jul 14, 2005
  16. Ivor Jones

    Maverick Guest

    "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message

    > Hi All,
    >
    > I now have a speaking clock on a Sipgate number, if anyone wants to try
    > calling it..! The number is 1431320 (Sipgate) or 020 7043 1320 from the
    > PSTN.
    >
    > This is a synthesised recording of the voice of Pat Simmons, who was the
    > voice of the GPO "TIM" speaking clock from 1963 to 1985.
    >
    > Please let me know if you have any problems accessing the clock, it should
    > be on line most of the time but I may have to take it down from time to
    > time while I make adjustments to the system.
    >
    > Ivor

    Excellent!!! Bang on with the Atomic clock with the World Time Server!

    Thanks Ivor

    Mav
    Maverick, Jul 14, 2005
  17. Ivor Jones

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Thu, 14 Jul 2005, writes
    >On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 20:47:20 +0100, David Floyd <>
    >wrote:
    >

    >>What do you mean by Sipgate to Sipgate?
    >>
    >>I dial 1431320 on my Sipgate A/c and I get the speaking clock.
    >>
    >>Is that what you mean? If so, it works for me.

    >Working fine for me also via Sipgate David just tried it.

    Then there's no problem with Sipgate then, is there Dexter?

    DavidF
    David Floyd, Jul 14, 2005
  18. Ivor Jones

    Dave Gill Guest

    <> wrote:

    > On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 20:56:23 +0100,
    > (Dave Gill) wrote:
    >
    > >I think it's some bug with my Sipgate account,

    > Now why am I not surprised Dave !!! :)))))) .

    I'm baffled now. It's a problem that Ivor came up against a while back
    but hadn't affected my set-up until now. I'm currently running 2 ATAs,
    one with Gradwell, the other with Sipgate and JD-VoIP. The Gradwell ATA
    is in the DMZ and the other ATA just has port-forwarding set up.

    With port-forwarding only the Sipgate ATA cannot hear Ivor's speaking
    clock (although normal calls seem fine), but if I put it in the DMZ it
    can. However, if I manually create a second DMZ for the Sipgate ATA
    (ie: all WAN IPs and ports forwarded for UDP and TCP to the ATA's
    internal IP) and leave the Gradwell ATA in the real DMZ the Sipgate ATA
    still can't hear the speaking clock... That doesn't make sense. :-/

    Dave Gill, Jul 14, 2005
  19. Ivor Jones

    Dave Gill Guest

    Oh boswelox, I've a German-speaking voicemail system now...

    Dave Gill, Jul 14, 2005
  20. Ivor Jones

    Guest

    On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 23:19:16 +0100,
    (Dave Gill) wrote:

    >Oh boswelox, I've a German-speaking voicemail system now...

    Oh dear please tell us something that will surprise us Dave:)))))).
    , Jul 14, 2005