    ATA is an AVM Fritz!Box Fon WLAN 7170.

    For more info on CNET, see www.ckts.info

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Jun 1, 2008

  2. Ivor Jones

    Ivor Jones Guest

    In news:g206v5$odr$,
    Pet - www.GymRatZ.co.uk <> typed, for
    some strange, unexplained reason:

    : I dialed the 020 number and it took an age to go through.
    : According to my timex "waveceptor" which sync's up around 02:00 every
    : morning there was about a 500ms delar but I put that down to network
    : paths of my own voip connection.
    :
    : Sounds good through.
    : :¬)
    :
    : Pete

    Well this is all very well guys, but I know the 020 number works, I want
    to know if anyone's getting through on the CNET number :)

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Jun 2, 2008

  3. Ivor Jones

    Brian A Guest

    On Sun, 1 Jun 2008 21:35:16 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
    <> wrote:

    >For those on the CNET network, my speaking clock which is quite well known
    >on 020 7043 1320 (1431320 on Sipgate) is now also available on the CNET
    >number 0564 8081. Please give it a call and let me know if it sounds ok.
    >
    >ATA is an AVM Fritz!Box Fon WLAN 7170.
    >
    >For more info on CNET, see www.ckts.info
    >

    >Ivor

    I checked out the site but I couldn't easily find how to access the
    network directly via voip.There is a lot to read through. I couldn't
    find a listing under Sipbroker via the names that I tried - so is it
    there?
    So a potted version of how to access would be useful.
    I tried via PSTN to
    +1 (914) 239-5132 Recording, then dial 9, and then number -
    but I got a very weird voice telling me to hang up - it sounded like
    something off a horror movie.

    ---
    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    ---

    Brian A, Jun 2, 2008
  4. Ivor Jones

    Ivor Jones Guest

    In news:,
    Brian A <> typed, for some strange, unexplained
    reason:

    [snip]

    : I checked out the site but I couldn't easily find how to access the
    : network directly via voip.There is a lot to read through. I couldn't
    : find a listing under Sipbroker via the names that I tried - so is it
    : there?
    : So a potted version of how to access would be useful.
    : I tried via PSTN to
    : +1 (914) 239-5132 Recording, then dial 9, and then number -
    : but I got a very weird voice telling me to hang up - it sounded like
    : something off a horror movie.

    Ok, well there are three ways to access CNET, firstly by becoming part of
    it by hosting an Asterisk box, secondly by having an ATA pointing at
    someone else's Asterisk, or by calling one of the PSTN access gateways.
    There's no direct way in from outside the network, it's effectively a
    closed system.

    There are a few PSTN gateways though, try 023 9298 8085 (2988085 on
    Sipgate) that's probably the easiest to access. You'll get a recorded
    message then a dial tone. Dial the number in full as quoted, i.e. for the
    clock 0564 8081. (CNET in the UK uses the old "pre-phoneday" codes, i.e.
    01 for London, 021 for Birmingham etc.)

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Jun 2, 2008
  5. Ivor Jones

    News Reader Guest

    "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message

    > For those on the CNET network, my speaking clock which is quite well known
    > on 020 7043 1320 (1431320 on Sipgate) is now also available on the CNET
    > number 0564 8081. Please give it a call and let me know if it sounds ok.
    >
    > ATA is an AVM Fritz!Box Fon WLAN 7170.
    >
    > For more info on CNET, see www.ckts.info
    >

    > Ivor

    Hi,

    Certainly working via CNET.

    Possible congestion issues but I think that is probably expected operation
    (i.e. one call at a time! :) ).

    Very nice - thanks and best wishes,

    News Reader

    News Reader, Jun 3, 2008
  6. Ivor Jones

    TheFug Guest

    Ivor Jones schreef:
    > For those on the CNET network, my speaking clock which is quite well known
    > on 020 7043 1320 (1431320 on Sipgate) is now also available on the CNET
    > number 0564 8081. Please give it a call and let me know if it sounds ok.
    >
    > ATA is an AVM Fritz!Box Fon WLAN 7170.
    >
    > For more info on CNET, see www.ckts.info
    >

    > Ivor

    Works great, clear sound and indeed spot on with atom time, great
    achiefment.

    --
    Bedankt, Thanks,

    The Fug.

    TheFug, Jun 3, 2008
  7. Ivor Jones

    TheFug Guest

    Ivor Jones schreef:
    > In news:g206v5$odr$,
    > Pet - www.GymRatZ.co.uk <> typed, for
    > some strange, unexplained reason:
    >
    > : I dialed the 020 number and it took an age to go through.
    > : According to my timex "waveceptor" which sync's up around 02:00 every
    > : morning there was about a 500ms delar but I put that down to network
    > : paths of my own voip connection.
    > :
    > : Sounds good through.
    > : :¬)
    > :
    > : Pete
    >
    > Well this is all very well guys, but I know the 020 number works, I want
    > to know if anyone's getting through on the CNET number :)
    >

    > Ivor

    You mean through Sipgate ? this works for me perfect !

    --
    Bedankt, Thanks,

    The Fug.

    TheFug, Jun 3, 2008
  8. Ivor Jones

    Ivor Jones Guest

    In news:3pe1k.79867$2,
    News Reader <> typed, for some strange, unexplained
    reason:

    [snip]

    : Hi,
    :
    : Certainly working via CNET.
    :
    : Possible congestion issues but I think that is probably expected
    : operation (i.e. one call at a time! :) ).
    :
    : Very nice - thanks and best wishes,

    The CNET number was not registering for some time today (0817 - 0908
    according to the log file) so if you tried then it would have probably
    returned a busy tone.

    Ivor

    :
    :
    :
    : News Reader

    Ivor Jones, Jun 3, 2008
  9. Ivor Jones

    TheFug Guest

    Ivor Jones schreef:
    > In news:,
    > Brian A <> typed, for some strange, unexplained
    > reason:
    >
    > [snip]
    >
    > : I checked out the site but I couldn't easily find how to access the
    > : network directly via voip.There is a lot to read through. I couldn't
    > : find a listing under Sipbroker via the names that I tried - so is it
    > : there?
    > : So a potted version of how to access would be useful.
    > : I tried via PSTN to
    > : +1 (914) 239-5132 Recording, then dial 9, and then number -
    > : but I got a very weird voice telling me to hang up - it sounded like
    > : something off a horror movie.
    >
    > Ok, well there are three ways to access CNET, firstly by becoming part of
    > it by hosting an Asterisk box, secondly by having an ATA pointing at
    > someone else's Asterisk, or by calling one of the PSTN access gateways.
    > There's no direct way in from outside the network, it's effectively a
    > closed system.
    >
    > There are a few PSTN gateways though, try 023 9298 8085 (2988085 on
    > Sipgate) that's probably the easiest to access. You'll get a recorded
    > message then a dial tone. Dial the number in full as quoted, i.e. for the
    > clock 0564 8081. (CNET in the UK uses the old "pre-phoneday" codes, i.e.
    > 01 for London, 021 for Birmingham etc.)
    >

    > Ivor

    When i dialed 2988085 on sipgate with my GPX2000, the (male) voice came
    a bit hackled through, i got hanged up, at my first try, second try, i
    came through,(male) voice sounded in same quality, as first call) and
    strangly, the (female) time message, i then dialed, sounded better, en
    clear to hear...

    --
    Bedankt, Thanks,

    The Fug.

    TheFug, Jun 3, 2008
  10. Ivor Jones

    TheFug Guest

    TheFug schreef:
    > Ivor Jones schreef:
    >> For those on the CNET network, my speaking clock which is quite well
    >> known on 020 7043 1320 (1431320 on Sipgate) is now also available on
    >> the CNET number 0564 8081. Please give it a call and let me know if it
    >> sounds ok.
    >>
    >> ATA is an AVM Fritz!Box Fon WLAN 7170.
    >>
    >> For more info on CNET, see www.ckts.info
    >>

    >> Ivor
    >>

    > Works great, clear sound and indeed spot on with atom time, great
    > achiefment.

    Through the Sipgate nummber i meant.

    --
    Bedankt, Thanks,

    The Fug.

    TheFug, Jun 3, 2008
  11. Ivor Jones

    Graham. Guest

    "Pet - www.GymRatZ.co.uk" <> wrote in
    message news:g206ne$lm4$...
    > Peter Crosland wrote:
    >
    >> It sounds very authentic and timing is spot on.

    > Sadly it was missing the all important "the time sponsored by Accurist"
    > which I remember from the says of the BT speaking clock going commercial.

    When Brian Cobby became the voice of the speaking clock there was massive
    TV publicity, but the sponsorship deal just was not mentioned.
    I remember being quite surprised and disappointed about the soiling
    of this British institution when I got round to calling it.
    The subsequent voice changes have gone quite un-noticed by me, and IMHO, by
    most others.

    --
    Graham

    %Profound_observation%