    I bought a new cpu with xp home and all works well except the speakers. My
    old cpu had w/98 and I can`t find a driver. The speakers came with the
    original pc,.

    Murphy, Nov 12, 2003

  2. Murphy

    °Mike° Guest

    You need to install the XP drivers for your sound card.
    See if Aida32 can help you locate the correct resource.
    http://www.aida32.hu/aida32.php

    On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 13:16:26 -0600, in
    <>
    Murphy scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Nov 12, 2003

  3. Murphy

    Harrison Guest

    Make sure the sound card is properly configured in the device manager
    by right-clicking My Computer>Properties>Hardware>Device Manager. If
    not, you'll need to find the drivers for it.

    Make sure the speaker cable is plugged into the speaker output jack on
    the sound card (usually green, but not always).

    Make sure the volume control is not muted. Control Panel>Sounds and
    Audio>Vloume Tab> Device Volume section>Advanced.

    Harrison, Nov 12, 2003
  4. Murphy

    Murphy Guest

    Thanks Mike - That did the trick!!