    2 channel analog output. Do you have any idea what kind of adaptor I would
    need to buy to hook this up???

    Many thanks

    Moody Marco, Jul 17, 2003

  2. Moody Marco

    paul s Guest

    Moody Marco wrote:

    > I just bought some Altec Lansing AT4 speakers on ebay. However, when I
    > checked up some more on them, one of the reviews said:
    >
    > "The speakers were very easy to set up, but they do require that you have
    > two ports each for the front and rear outputs. No adapter is provided for
    > the most common Dolby Digital output used on Sound Blaster Live! cards."
    >
    > My Dell has an integrated AD1980 6 channel audio card and it says this has
    > a 2 channel analog output. Do you have any idea what kind of adaptor I
    > would need to buy to hook this up???

    Those speakers require a 4 channel *analogue* output, 1 jack for front, 1
    jack for rear. Something like a SB 4.1, Live!, or Audigy would drive them
    OK. You could use a Y-adaptor from Radio Shack or similar, but then you
    wouldn't get true 4 channel sound.

    The AD1980 '6 channel' bit comes into use when your using *digital* out.
    --
    Paul S

    paul s, Jul 18, 2003