    james Guest

    its a long story but instead of plugging my speakers into the back of
    the tower thing,can I put a 3 pin plug on them and plug them into the mains?
    james, Jan 12, 2006

  2. james

    Chet Guest

    If your speakers are getting power from the CPU it is probably the 5 or 12
    volt DC power put out by the system power supply and not the AC of the power
    mains. I would need to know more about your setup to give a complete
    answer.
    Chet, Jan 12, 2006

  3. james

    james Guest

    Chet wrote:
    > If your speakers are getting power from the CPU it is probably the 5 or 12
    > volt DC power put out by the system power supply and not the AC of the power
    > mains. I would need to know more about your setup to give a complete
    > answer.
    > "james" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>its a long story but instead of plugging my speakers into the back of the
    >>tower thing,can I put a 3 pin plug on them and plug them into the mains?

    whats happened is that i've had to replace my power supply which has now
    only got one plug in it.(its a ATX switching power supply,450w with pfc
    compliant).speakers used to go in back of old unit(speakers are sp70
    multi media cheapos).first replacment I plugged both power and speakers
    into the one socket on base unit and it killed it and dont want to risk
    that again.
    james, Jan 12, 2006
  4. james

    Robert Baer Guest

    james wrote:
    > its a long story but instead of plugging my speakers into the back of
    > the tower thing,can I put a 3 pin plug on them and plug them into the
    > mains?

    You can also stick your tongue into the mains.
    Robert Baer, Jan 13, 2006