    What is the best way to hook this up without running a really long
    Y-cable? Are wireless transmitters available? I have wireless Road
    Runner. Is there a way I can use that? Thanks!
    Brett Cummins, May 6, 2004

  2. Brett Cummins

    The Prophecy Guest

    Brett Cummins wrote:
    > Hey! I'm trying to get music from my computer that is across the room
    > to play on my surround sound system. The connections are RCA jacks.
    > What is the best way to hook this up without running a really long
    > Y-cable? Are wireless transmitters available? I have wireless Road
    > Runner. Is there a way I can use that? Thanks!

    I'm not sure how you might go about this, but you could try posting this
    message in the newgroup:

    24hoursupport.helpdesk

    There are alot more people who reply with solutions (including myself) to
    that group, so you will probably have more luck there.
    The Prophecy, May 6, 2004

  3. Brett Cummins

    bambam Guest

    On Thu, 06 May 2004 14:14:39 -0700, Brett Cummins wrote:

    > Hey! I'm trying to get music from my computer that is across the room to
    > play on my surround sound system. The connections are RCA jacks. What is
    > the best way to hook this up without running a really long Y-cable? Are
    > wireless transmitters available? I have wireless Road Runner. Is there a
    > way I can use that? Thanks!

    I just put ¨wireless mp3 player¨ into google and this is the first link,
    looks good to me. :)

    http://www.slimdevices.com/
    bambam, May 7, 2004
  4. Brett Cummins

    ProfGene Guest

    I don't know about wireless but using a long wire with an eight inch stereo
    at one end from the computer audio out to two RCA cables to your sound
    system will work good. The length of the wires will not diminish the
    quality of the sound so that you would notice it.
    ProfGene, May 10, 2004