    digital/analog thing? should I have the manufacturers submit their driver to
    Compaq? How can I get them to work?

    Thank You.
    =?Utf-8?B?Wmh1Ymlu?=, Sep 8, 2006

  2. Zhubin wrote:
    > Ever since I replaced the home edition with professional, this new OS doesn't
    > recognize my speakers, my PC is a Compaq Presario, and the speaker name is
    > JVM or JBM I think, because I don't have them in front of me now, the speaker
    > names are not listed in this OS, and the speakers are on and every once in a
    > while buzz for a second before disappointing me again, I looked under hidden
    > devices but I couldn't find them, the OS acts as if they don't exist.
    > Is there a driver for them? is there an issue with the dual mode
    > digital/analog thing? should I have the manufacturers submit their driver to
    > Compaq? How can I get them to work?
    >
    > Thank You.

    There is no possible "speaker compatibility" issue, provided that they
    have the proper plug for connecting to the PC's sound card.

    Does your computer have a sound card installed? What happens when
    you download and install the WinXP-specific audio drivers, as provided
    by your sound card's manufacturer? Do you have speakers correctly
    connected to the sound card? Do the speakers require a separate power
    source and, if so, are they plugged in and turned on?

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    Bruce Chambers, Sep 8, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?Wmh1Ymlu?=

    DP Guest

    I'm willing to bet the problem is the interaction between the OS and the
    sound card; not between the OS and the speakers.
    As the other poster has said, there are no drivers for the speakers. You
    plug them in and they do not have to show up under devices. And they won't.

    DP, Sep 8, 2006
  4. I suggest you check your BIOS Setup and see if the motherboard sound is
    enabled. If you have an expansion sound-card, the MB sound has to be
    disabled!!!

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Sep 9, 2006