    Chipbrm Guest

    any idea what a warning that says something to the effect of spd not fond at
    dimms 1
    Chipbrm, Aug 26, 2003

  2. Chipbrm

    CriticalMass Guest

    "Chipbrm" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > any idea what a warning that says something to the effect of spd not fond

    at
    > dimms 1

    "SPD" stands for serial presence detect, and tells the bios what memory
    timings to use for the chips, if you don't set them yourself.

    If I got that message, I'd be thinking maybe the memory chips were on their
    way out. You may be able to work around them by setting the timing yourself
    in your bios, but that's a long shot, IMO.
    CriticalMass, Aug 26, 2003