    cap, premium japanese cells", etc.

    are these okay to buy? or should i bite the bullet and buy OEM?

    thanks.
    JN, Oct 17, 2003

  2. JN

    CNT Guest

    From what I read around, it is suggested to buy only Canon brand batteries.
    There has been reports that other brands giving short lives.

    Chuck

    CNT, Oct 17, 2003

  3. JN

    Doc Guest

    "CNT" <> wrote in message news:...
    > From what I read around, it is suggested to buy only Canon brand

    batteries.
    > There has been reports that other brands giving short lives.
    >
    > Chuck

    If short life is their only drawback, they're probably a good deal-- $10 for
    an aftermarket vs. $50 for a Canon brand. You could throw out 5 of them for
    the price of 1 Canon.

    Doc
    Doc, Oct 18, 2003
  4. JN

    Aardvark Guest

    "JN" <> wrote in message
    > hi all,
    >
    > i'm looking to purchase a spare battery for a S45. on Ebay,

    there is
    > no shortage of listing for non-OEM batteries. it looks like i

    can pick
    > them up all day long for about $10/piece. some of them say

    "higher
    > cap, premium japanese cells", etc.
    >
    > are these okay to buy? or should i bite the bullet and buy

    OEM?

    > thanks.

    I've been using 3rd party batteries for my G3 and 300D with no
    ill effects. They have higher capacities too.
    Aardvark, Oct 18, 2003
  5. JN

    Tony Guest

    Aardvark <> wrote in message

    > "JN" <> wrote in message
    > > hi all,
    > >
    > > i'm looking to purchase a spare battery for a S45. on Ebay,

    > there is
    > > no shortage of listing for non-OEM batteries. it looks like i

    > can pick
    > > them up all day long for about $10/piece. some of them say

    > "higher
    > > cap, premium japanese cells", etc.
    > >
    > > are these okay to buy? or should i bite the bullet and buy

    > OEM?
    > >
    > > thanks.

    > I've been using 3rd party batteries for my G3 and 300D with no
    > ill effects. They have higher capacities too.

    Are you using the Canon charger? If so, do you have any problems charging
    these higher capacity batteries to their max?
    Tony, Oct 20, 2003