    I have a friend who can't read einglish well but can read spanish well How
    can I switch the
    machine to use spanish

    Ted Thompson, Jun 24, 2005

  2. Ted Thompson gurgled in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > I have a friend who can't read einglish well but can read spanish
    > well How can I switch the
    > machine to use spanish

    Give it a Berlitz course? Look at Microsoft's site for the appropiate
    language pack(s). Keep in mind that that will only give Spanish
    language toolbars, menus, etc. If you mean something to translate an
    English website into Spanish for him, that's a different matter.

    --

    The Old Sourdough
    In the future, everyone will speak one language,

    The Old Sourdough, Jun 24, 2005

  3. teach the fucker english...

    Vivian on Pentecost Lane, Jun 24, 2005
  4. "Ted Thompson" <> writes:

    :I have a friend who can't read einglish well but can read spanish well How
    :can I switch the machine to use spanish

    If it's not already set, switch the character set to ISO-8859-1 and it'll be
    able to handle things en espaƱol...

    --
    Patrick "The Chief Instigator" Humphrey () Houston, Texas
    chiefinstigator.us.tt/aeros.php (soon to be TCI's 2005-06 Houston Aeros)

    The Chief Instigator, Jun 24, 2005
  5. Ted Thompson

    uh Clem Guest

    With foot jammed firmly in mouth on Thu, 23 Jun 2005 19:46:55 -0500,
    "Ted Thompson" <> mumbled:

    >I have a friend who can't read einglish well but can read spanish well How
    >can I switch the
    >machine to use spanish

    Take off the shocks, paint it purple, and add carpet to the dash.

    uh Clem, Jun 24, 2005
  6. The Old Sourdough wrote:
    > Ted Thompson gurgled in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >
    >> I have a friend who can't read einglish well but can read spanish
    >> well How can I switch the
    >> machine to use spanish
    >>

    > Give it a Berlitz course? Look at Microsoft's site for the appropiate
    > language pack(s). Keep in mind that that will only give Spanish
    > language toolbars, menus, etc. If you mean something to translate an
    > English website into Spanish for him, that's a different matter.

    Actually, MUI packs for Windows are only available to Volume or Open licence
    customers. For the average user the only answer is to purchase Windows in
    the appropriate language and either clean install, or set up a dual boot.

    Miss Perspicacia Tick, Jun 24, 2005
  7. uh Clem gurgled in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > With foot jammed firmly in mouth on Thu, 23 Jun 2005 19:46:55
    > -0500, "Ted Thompson" <> mumbled:
    >
    >>I have a friend who can't read einglish well but can read spanish
    >>well How can I switch the
    >>machine to use spanish

    > Take off the shocks, paint it purple, and add carpet to the dash.

    And a pair of fuzzy dice hanging from the rear-view...

    The Old Sourdough, Jun 26, 2005