    TIA

    Jack.

    , Oct 7, 2007

  2. Trendkill Guest

    On Oct 7, 9:54 am, "" <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Can anyone point me to a document stating how many span sessions can
    > be configured locally on a 6500 with a 720 supervisor engine?
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Jack.

    I thought it was two, which is why many folks are leaning towards
    doing VACLs for sniffing on particular vlans. I'll see if I can find
    the documentation to go with my statement....

    Trendkill, Oct 7, 2007

  3. Trendkill Guest

    On Oct 7, 10:00 am, Trendkill <> wrote:
    > On Oct 7, 9:54 am, "" <> wrote:
    >
    > > Hi,

    > > Can anyone point me to a document stating how many span sessions can
    > > be configured locally on a 6500 with a 720 supervisor engine?

    > > TIA

    > > Jack.

    > I thought it was two, which is why many folks are leaning towards
    > doing VACLs for sniffing on particular vlans. I'll see if I can find
    > the documentation to go with my statement....

    Here:

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products...ducts_tech_note09186a008015c612.shtml#support

    Click on "Feature Summary and Limitations" under "SPAN on the Catalyst
    4500/4000 and Catalyst 6500/6000 Series Switches That Run Cisco IOS
    System Software". It looks like 2 receive and 4 transmit.

    This link also has further details:

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/swi...ative/configuration/guide/span.html#wp1036881

    Trendkill, Oct 7, 2007