    .. The PC on the span port (2/2) can now monitor traffic, map drives,
    ping anything..etc but I cannot connect to that machine from any
    other. Pings time out. What am I doing wrong?

    Mike, Oct 26, 2004

  2. A machine connectet to a span port is isolatet from normal forwarding. The
    switch copys only frames to that interface.

    /markus

    harald rüger, Oct 26, 2004

  3. Mike

    Ben Guest

    Easy to find this on CCO if you search for "SPAN 6500"

    Ben, Oct 27, 2004
  4. Mike

    Mike Guest

    That's where I got the command in the first place...and I couldn't get
    it to work right so I came here hoping for some helpful advice on what
    I'm doing wrong.

    Back to the issue....span port is configured as follows:

    Destination : Port 3/36
    Admin Source : Port 3/1
    Oper Source : Port 3/1
    Direction : transmit/receive
    Incoming Packets: enabled
    Learning : enabled
    Multicast : enabled
    Filter : -

    I can ping the destination PC from the switch...but can't from another
    PC in the same VLAN. Anyone have an idea of what might be the issue?

    Mike, Oct 28, 2004