    BMcA Guest

    This group seems to have turned into a spammers paradise. Does anybody
    agree.

    BMcA, Mar 1, 2008

  2. BMcA

    Rôgêr Guest

    BMcA wrote:
    > This group seems to have turned into a spammers paradise. Does anybody
    > agree.

    Use filters. Or use a better NNTP server.

    Rôgêr, Mar 1, 2008

  3. On Sat, 01 Mar 2008 12:22:10 GMT, "BMcA" <> wrote:

    >This group seems to have turned into a spammers paradise. Does anybody
    >agree.

    Has it? My filters must be catching most of them.

    Steve

    --
    Neural Planner Software Ltd
    EasyNN-plus. Build Neural Networks. http://www.easynn.com

    Stephen Wolstenholme, Mar 1, 2008
  4. BMcA

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2008-03-01, BMcA <> wrote:
    > This group seems to have turned into a spammers paradise. Does anybody
    > agree.

    It's only a paradise for them if people get sucked into the marketing.

    Most seems to be injected using the Google Groups interface (and Google
    evidently aren't interested in doing anything to stop it). The Usenet
    Improvement Project offers suggestions for eliminating Google posts from
    your personal usenet experience <http://improve-usenet.org/>; that and
    other filters can make things a lot better.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Mar 1, 2008
  5. Stephen Wolstenholme wrote:

    > On Sat, 01 Mar 2008 12:22:10 GMT, "BMcA" <> wrote:
    >
    >>This group seems to have turned into a spammers paradise. Does anybody
    >>agree.
    >>

    > Has it? My filters must be catching most of them.

    What spam? :)

    Original Poster: See my sig, below.

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Mar 1, 2008
  6. BMcA wrote:

    > This group seems to have turned into a spammers paradise. Does anybody
    > agree.

    Don't see much spam here. Now, I filter excessive crossposts and google
    groups. You may get a decent newsreader with better filtering capability as
    well.

    wisdomkiller & pain, Mar 1, 2008