    --
    Http://www.Dave.net.nz
    Play Hangman
    T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz, Feb 15, 2004

  2. T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz

    steve Guest

    T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz wrote:

    > Is it just me that gets almost 0 spam in the weekends?

    It's just you.

    My logs show my server has blocked about 150 spam since Midnight friday.
    Most of it out of Asia.
    steve, Feb 15, 2004

  3. T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz

    AD. Guest

    On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 15:08:08 +1300, T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz wrote:

    > Is it just me that gets almost 0 spam in the weekends?
    >
    > Very little Mon/Tue(40 odd each day), builds up on Wednesday(60 odd), I
    > get a heap on Thursday/Friday(~80 each day) but in the weekends it dies
    > off(12 yeasterday, 4 sofar today).

    I get more during the weekends. I was at work yesterday, and the rate they
    were coming in was noticeably higher than during the week.

    Cheers
    Anton
    AD., Feb 15, 2004
  4. T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz

    Peter KERR Guest

    "T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz" wondered:
    > Is it just me that gets almost 0 spam in the weekends?

    Yup, just you ;-)
    Weekends Nth America = Sun, Mon here, mine more than doubles in size...
    50 - 60 / day normal -> up to 300 for their weekend.

    No obvious difference in content or apparent source.
    Peter KERR, Feb 15, 2004
  5. On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 20:03:00 +1300, steve wrote:

    > My logs show my server has blocked about 150 spam since Midnight friday.
    > Most of it out of Asia.

    Ditto.

    I've just been informed that one of the more rabid spamhosters got raided
    stateside on Saturday morning, resulting in the seizure of all of the
    equipment.

    As this particular bunch were indulging in a lot of the trojan horse type
    spam and DDoS attacks against complainers, this is a good thing, if true.
    Uncle StoatWarbler, Feb 16, 2004