    useless information, I think everyone should complain to the server(s) in
    question and get this person off the net--it is only a temporary fix but
    could help for the moment. Ideas? Suggestions?
    Ronnie Broyles, Jun 28, 2003

  2. Ronnie Broyles

    Fuzzball123 Guest

    I agree, we're getting tons more than we used too

    Fuzzball123, Jun 28, 2003

  3. Ronnie Broyles

    RussS Guest

    Well looking at that new law about telemarketers in the states I am thinking
    that they finally are starting to move in the right direction. Hopefully my
    country will follow suit with similar legislation.
    Now all we need is some antispam legislation in a similar vein and an
    agreement worldwide to back it up. I hear a lot of grumbles saying that
    mostly these spammers use false Ip headers and fire their stuff through
    servers belonging to innocent parties - BS!! A network admin that has open
    relay servers on his/her network deserves a good kisk in the butt, and maybe
    the threat of a huge fine would be an incentive to actually do their job
    correctly. Cut out the relay servers and spam will be minimised to
    manageable proportions.

    --
    RussS
    MCP W2K Pro & Server, A+, Net+

    http://www.techexams.net/
    RussS, Jun 29, 2003
  4. Ronnie Broyles

    Tony Sivori Guest

    Ronnie Broyles wrote:
    > At the risk of alerting this spammer who sees fit to flood the group with
    > useless information, I think everyone should complain to the server(s) in
    > question and get this person off the net--it is only a temporary fix but
    > could help for the moment. Ideas? Suggestions?

    It is Repsis spam. He is using an AOL account to post through skynet. If it
    isn't terminated soon, skynet and possibly AOL will find themselves the
    target of a UDP discussion.

    Meanwhile, the better servers are already filtering and canceling it. If you
    still see it, you might want to try the very well run and free (text
    newsgroups only) German server, cis.dfn.

    http://www.news.fu-berlin.de/en/register.html

    --
    Tony Sivori
    Tony Sivori, Jun 29, 2003