    posting to avoid getting hate mail in return.

    You can be damned sure MSN isn't invovled.

    If you get one, trash it.

    richard, Nov 9, 2008

  2. richard

    doS Guest

    so if they are using you for a return path then you;ll get the replies, what
    good is that?

    doS, Nov 9, 2008

  3. richard

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sun, 09 Nov 2008 14:30:06 -0600, richard <>
    wrote:

    >The title of the mail may be "All info on you".
    >The from line will show my name and @usa.com.
    >The mail will show some stuff related to MSN and then adds for
    >pharmaceuticals.
    >
    >I did not send it. This chinese based outfit hijacked my addy and may
    >be using it as a return path. Hopefully it's not going to wind up
    >being abused. As I know many times spammers change addy's on every
    >posting to avoid getting hate mail in return.
    >
    >You can be damned sure MSN isn't invovled.
    >
    >If you get one, trash it.

    Uhhh thanks for the heads up. We (TINW) care. Really.

    Evan Platt, Nov 9, 2008
  4. richard

    Guest

    richard <> wrote:

    >The title of the mail may be "All info on you".
    >The from line will show my name and @usa.com.
    >The mail will show some stuff related to MSN and then adds for
    >pharmaceuticals.
    >
    >I did not send it. This chinese based outfit hijacked my addy and may
    >be using it as a return path. Hopefully it's not going to wind up
    >being abused. As I know many times spammers change addy's on every
    >posting to avoid getting hate mail in return.
    >
    >You can be damned sure MSN isn't invovled.
    >
    >If you get one, trash it.

    I take it your in the 10% range

    ""A single response from 12 million e-mails is all it takes for
    spammers to turn annual profits of millions of dollars promoting
    knockoff pharmaceuticals,"

    This is an article on the Storm worm that is still healthy as ever.
    http://news.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=08/11/08/1437225&from=rss

    --

    http://le-petit-ange.webobo.com/part/1/3/9/8/part_139839.jpg

    , Nov 9, 2008
  5. richard

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2008-11-09, doS <> wrote:
    > "richard" <> wrote in message
    >> The title of the mail may be "All info on you".
    >> The from line will show my name and @usa.com.
    >> The mail will show some stuff related to MSN and then adds for
    >> pharmaceuticals.
    >>
    >> I did not send it. This chinese based outfit hijacked my addy and may
    >> be using it as a return path. Hopefully it's not going to wind up
    >> being abused. As I know many times spammers change addy's on every
    >> posting to avoid getting hate mail in return.
    >>
    >> You can be damned sure MSN isn't invovled.
    >>
    >> If you get one, trash it.

    Common spammer trick to get past crude 'sender lack list' filters.

    > so if they are using you for a return path then you;ll get the replies,
    > what good is that?

    Using a 'genuine' email address gets their message through a few of the
    dumbest spam filters, and their system won't be bothered with the 'bounce'
    messages sent by those systems or people who like to plague the net with
    such things. Meanwhile, there's either a clickable link somewhere in the
    message 'body', or a malware payload, or both.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Nov 9, 2008
  6. doS wrote:

    > "richard" <> wrote:
    >> The title of the mail may be "All info on you".
    >> The from line will show my name and @usa.com.
    >> The mail will show some stuff related to MSN and then adds for
    >> pharmaceuticals.

    > so if they are using you for a return path then you;ll get the
    > replies, what good is that?

    They use a victim's address in the FROM because the spammers don't want
    the 12 million bounces. RtS will get all of those. The web site
    contained in the spam, however, will take your money for the little blue
    pills. (which you'd probably never receive.)

    Nothing new here. It is Bullis' day in the barrel. (Heh, somehow that
    sounds funny. <g>)

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Nov 9, 2008
  7. richard

    richard Guest

    On Sun, 09 Nov 2008 21:02:12 +0000, Whiskers
    <> wrote:

    >On 2008-11-09, doS <> wrote:
    >> "richard" <> wrote in message
    >>> The title of the mail may be "All info on you".
    >>> The from line will show my name and @usa.com.
    >>> The mail will show some stuff related to MSN and then adds for
    >>> pharmaceuticals.
    >>>
    >>> I did not send it. This chinese based outfit hijacked my addy and may
    >>> be using it as a return path. Hopefully it's not going to wind up
    >>> being abused. As I know many times spammers change addy's on every
    >>> posting to avoid getting hate mail in return.
    >>>
    >>> You can be damned sure MSN isn't invovled.
    >>>
    >>> If you get one, trash it.

    >Common spammer trick to get past crude 'sender lack list' filters.
    >
    >> so if they are using you for a return path then you;ll get the replies,
    >> what good is that?

    >Using a 'genuine' email address gets their message through a few of the
    >dumbest spam filters, and their system won't be bothered with the 'bounce'
    >messages sent by those systems or people who like to plague the net with
    >such things. Meanwhile, there's either a clickable link somewhere in the
    >message 'body', or a malware payload, or both.

    Yep. You get whisked away to catchlot.com which proudly proclaims you
    have reached "Canadian Pharmaceuticals". Which is owned by some jerk
    in china.

    richard, Nov 10, 2008
  8. On Sun, 09 Nov 2008 19:32:16 -0600, richard aided th' terraists with the
    following claims :

    > On Sun, 09 Nov 2008 21:02:12 +0000, Whiskers
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>On 2008-11-09, doS <> wrote:
    >>> "richard" <> wrote in message

    >>Common spammer trick to get past crude 'sender lack list' filters.
    >>
    >>> so if they are using you for a return path then you;ll get the replies,
    >>> what good is that?

    >>Using a 'genuine' email address gets their message through a few of the
    >>dumbest spam filters, and their system won't be bothered with the 'bounce'
    >>messages sent by those systems or people who like to plague the net with
    >>such things. Meanwhile, there's either a clickable link somewhere in the
    >>message 'body', or a malware payload, or both.

    > Yep. You get whisked away to catchlot.com which proudly proclaims you
    > have reached "Canadian Pharmaceuticals". Which is owned by some jerk
    > in china.

    DNS cache poisoning much, Dickey?

    Torrent websites have been re-directing to the Chinese Gubmint version of
    g00gle recently.

    FYI

    http://i35.tinypic.com/2czc1ua.jpg

    §ñühwØ£f, Nov 10, 2008