    Funny that.

    It is time they are lined up against the wall...

    Anony Mouse
    Anony Mouse, Nov 18, 2006

  2. Anony Mouse

    peterwn Guest

    Anony Mouse wrote:
    > I see Spamhaus has been doing a little improvement...
    >
    > The three people that I have been publicly naming for nearly a year now
    > come in at numbers 1, 2 and 4...
    >
    > Funny that.
    >
    > It is time they are lined up against the wall...

    But note that Spamhaus is effectively a voluntary network of those
    dedicated to controlling spam.
    Someone needs to detect the source of spam which is easier said than
    done when it appears to be coming from infected 'spambot' computers.
    peterwn, Nov 18, 2006

  3. Anony Mouse

    Anony Mouse Guest

    peterwn wrote:
    > Anony Mouse wrote:
    >
    >>I see Spamhaus has been doing a little improvement...
    >>
    >>The three people that I have been publicly naming for nearly a year now
    >> come in at numbers 1, 2 and 4...
    >>
    >>Funny that.
    >>
    >>It is time they are lined up against the wall...
    >>

    > But note that Spamhaus is effectively a voluntary network of those
    > dedicated to controlling spam.
    > Someone needs to detect the source of spam which is easier said than
    > done when it appears to be coming from infected 'spambot' computers.

    Yeah right...
    Again another uninformed person...

    http://searchsecurity.techtarget.com/originalContent/0,289142,sid14_gci1230537,00.html

    Spam has surged to unprecedented levels in recent weeks, and one
    researcher has uncovered a major factor behind the onslaught.
    A Russian gang of spammers used the SpamThru Trojan to engineer a tidal
    wave of junk mail hawking everything from stocks to pills, according to
    an analysis from Joe Stewart, senior security researcher for
    Atlanta-based SecureWorks Inc.

    Stewart concluded that the spammers used the Trojan to grow a botnet of
    more than 70,000 machines that were used to churn out wave after wave of
    junk mail advertising pharmaceuticals and pump-and-dump stock schemes.

    Working with the antispam group SpamHaus and the ISP, SecureWorks was
    able to access and analyze files from the SpamThru control server,
    Stewart said in the analysis report. In total, he said, zombie PCs in
    166 different countries are part of the SpamThru botnet.
    Anony Mouse, Nov 18, 2006
  4. In article <ejo15m$s6l$>, says...
    > Yeah right...
    > Again another uninformed person...

    Jeez mate, was that remark really necessary? The rest of your post would've
    been an interesting and informative contribution, if only you had left these
    two lines out.

    As it is, you have flagged yourself as an arrogant so and so with insufficient
    social skills, and given the remainder of your post a bad smell.

    None of my business you might say. Whatever. I just thought I'd give you a
    little feedback about how that kind of behaviour comes across to bystanders.

    f.w.i.w. -Peter

    Peter Huebner, Nov 19, 2006
  5. Anony Mouse

    Don Hills Guest

    In article <>,
    Peter Huebner <> wrote:

    >None of my business you might say. Whatever. I just thought I'd give you a
    >little feedback about how that kind of behaviour comes across to bystanders.

    You've been here long enough to know that many of the posters here don't
    have social and communications skills as their main strengths. A few seconds
    with Google Groups search would have shown you that (a) Mr Mouse is one of
    those people, (b) his "main strength" is spam and spammers, of which he has
    an encyclopaedic knowledge, and (c) that he suffers from a painful condition
    that leaves him rather short-tempered at times. The other Peter's naive but
    well-meant post probably caught him at a bad time. It doesn't excuse the
    behaviour, of course, but it's understandable.

    preparing you for the wonders of OS/2!"
    Don Hills, Nov 19, 2006
  6. Anony Mouse

    thingy Guest

    peterwn wrote:
    > Anony Mouse wrote:
    >> I see Spamhaus has been doing a little improvement...
    >>
    >> The three people that I have been publicly naming for nearly a year now
    >> come in at numbers 1, 2 and 4...
    >>
    >> Funny that.
    >>
    >> It is time they are lined up against the wall...
    >>

    > But note that Spamhaus is effectively a voluntary network of those
    > dedicated to controlling spam.
    > Someone needs to detect the source of spam which is easier said than
    > done when it appears to be coming from infected 'spambot' computers.

    There seems to be a lot of work going in this direction. There was a
    fairly recent article showing the sophistication of a bot control
    "centre" I think it would have done any legit commercial company
    proud...things like sub-grouping the bots into 500 odd per
    group....bandwidth, location....Unlike spanhaus though these guys are
    making 10s of millions so are spending on R&D and are probably winning
    the tech race......Our best chance is they have to come to us to deliver
    so we guard the gates....from users...but then the users...gawd....

    50% odd percent of the bots were XP SP2...so much for MS's improved
    security paying off....

    The image spam is actually taking our servers off line (as sendmail goes
    over 10 frequently, plus exchange overloads on cpu and storage!!) so are
    probably going to have to buy 1 if not 2 new servers to cope....thats
    $45K that just flew out the window....no benefit to the business, just a
    cost....

    regards

    Thing
    thingy, Nov 19, 2006
  7. In article <4560a141$>, y says...

    > 50% odd percent of the bots were XP SP2...so much for MS's improved
    > security paying off....

    rotfl. Well, according to Mickeysoft we don't need two way firewalls.
    {sic}

    -Peter

    Peter Huebner, Nov 19, 2006
  8. Anony Mouse

    thingy Guest

    Peter Huebner wrote:
    > In article <4560a141$>, y says...
    >> 50% odd percent of the bots were XP SP2...so much for MS's improved
    >> security paying off....
    >>

    > rotfl. Well, according to Mickeysoft we don't need two way firewalls.
    > {sic}
    >
    > -Peter

    yes well.....I don't run a 2 way one, but then if I did and the box got
    owned, it would get turned off anyway so not much point....

    Lots of security things according to MS dont stack up in the real
    world....its one huge c*ck up...

    I'd like to see legislation forcing ISP's to take ownership of the
    problem caused by customer's PCs because voluntary processes mean diddly
    squat, ISPs just ignore the problem. Something like the DRM/publishing
    rules in the US, whereby if an ISP takes a subscriber off line quickly
    as the PC has been botnetted. The ISP is not held responsible....the
    customer is then forced to fix it or get another ISP....tough talk but
    needed IMHO, the distributed attacks are causing mayhem.....

    regards

    Thing
    thingy, Nov 19, 2006
  9. Anony Mouse

    Anony Mouse Guest

    Don Hills wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > Peter Huebner <> wrote:
    >
    >>None of my business you might say. Whatever. I just thought I'd give you a
    >>little feedback about how that kind of behaviour comes across to bystanders.

    > You've been here long enough to know that many of the posters here don't
    > have social and communications skills as their main strengths.

    And even less brains and balls.

    If this is a dig at my social skills, which it most likely is, you have
    no idea what my social skills are or for that matter what other
    activities I am an active participate in.

    If you have poked around you will see that I am an Amateur Radio
    Operator, an electronics enthusiast, a Linux user and long time
    participant (An Op) on a well known Linux Help IRC channel.

    You will also find reference to my programming efforts.

    I have been a serving committee member of my local table tennis club,
    rugby club, rowing club, a volunteer fire fighter and most recently the
    founding secretary of an organization promoting wireless data and
    broadband (Telecom, Vodafone, Lucent and the likes).

    That I call a spade a spade I have no problem with however saying I have
    no social or communications skills is a bit pathetic to say the least.

    > A few seconds
    > with Google Groups search would have shown you that (a) Mr Mouse is one of
    > those people,

    The message is pretty clear. Idiots that sit around and do nothing will
    see email as we know it destroyed by spammers.

    I sight Things post in this same thread. Now he knows me a little.
    He also posts on topic information with current knowledge.

    You on the other hand add nothing to the thread other than the fact that
    you are a pathetic Luser with nothing to add. It is so easy to pick your
    type out from the crowd. Did it make you feel better trying to insult me?

    > (b) his "main strength" is spam and spammers, of which he has
    > an encyclopaedic knowledge, and

    You missed one thing. I have the necessary skills to fend off scummy
    spammers when they attack me and my computer systems.

    Why do I do it... Because I can... Simple as that. I don't even care
    that much if the email system does fall over in fact it suites my cause
    if it does. If you don't like me saying I told you so that is just
    tough. Wake up and get up off your fat lazy arse.

    (c) that he suffers from a painful condition
    > that leaves him rather short-tempered at times.

    Wrong... I am short tempered all the time however that has nothing to do
    with spamming or news groups. In fact unless someone has something
    intelligent to say most comments are just ignored.

    Saying that someone is uninformed is a simple fact and when that is
    followed by the actual facts speaks for itself.

    Having said that there is the odd dick head such as you that deserve a
    serve up.

    As for Huebner. Who pulled his chain. His post is off topic and what
    business is it of his when I tell someone that they need to do a bit
    more reading before they post what can only be described as bull shit.

    Just another excuse to do nothing...

    > The other Peter's naive but
    > well-meant post probably caught him at a bad time.

    Well he is a little better informed now and I dare say he will get over
    being told that he is uninformed.

    > It doesn't excuse the
    > behaviour, of course, but it's understandable.

    Understand this Don. Get out of my face. Don't post off topic bullshit
    in my threads and don't bother replying to this post.

    You are a waste of space!

    Anony Mouse
    Anony Mouse, Nov 19, 2006
  10. In article <>, y says...

    > yes well.....I don't run a 2 way one, but then if I did and the box got
    > owned, it would get turned off anyway so not much point....

    Depends. Turning off a really good two-way is no easy feat. What I _have_ seen
    is for installation of anti-vir and two-way firewalls being forestalled by
    malware (and I got around that with a really good **old, old** version of Kerio
    that was no longer recognized by the malware - once that was in place I had no
    further problems identifying and killing off the gremlins :)

    If anything DOES manage to turn off the firewall on my pc, it'll take all
    networking functionality down with it. That's as it should be, i.m.o.

    [snip]
    > tough talk but
    > needed IMHO, the distributed attacks are causing mayhem.....
    >
    > regards
    >
    > Thing

    I agree, mostly. I see too many lusers a bit like people driving cars with no
    wof, rusted chassis and worn brakes (and no license - e.g. basic understanding
    of what they are doing - in many cases). They *should* be made to take
    responsibility for their machines in some way. What compounds these people's
    problems is that they get all this {crock} included with their OS and they are
    made to believe that that's going to do the trick, automagically. <big sigh>

    -P.

    Peter Huebner, Nov 20, 2006
  11. Anony Mouse

    Who Am I Guest

    In article <ejmfkg$3ka$>,
    Anony Mouse <> wrote:

    > I see Spamhaus has been doing a little improvement...
    >
    > The three people that I have been publicly naming for nearly a year now
    > come in at numbers 1, 2 and 4...
    >
    > Funny that.
    >
    > It is time they are lined up against the wall...
    >
    > Anony Mouse

    No, I think its time that everyone was subjected to the full brunt of
    the spam. Too many people are complacent about the spam, so if they were
    to see the hundreds a day and KNOW that it is coming off their datacap
    then they may get angry enough to do something about it themselves. If
    the mail system collapses then the spammers will be hurt more than
    anyone else because no one will be able to use the email and all those
    companies that relied on spammers to sell their dodgy wares will suffer
    too. It will cause some short term pain to all the honest people out
    there, but think of it like a hot flame, it is only after you have been
    burnt once that you understand how much it can hurt and you become a
    damn sight more careful afterwards, I think we need to let everyone get
    burnt.

    Same with the banks, they should no longer recompense people who have
    scammed them on the net. Nigerian scams, phishing scams and so on are no
    longer new. A few people bleating publicly about how they lost their
    money by being stupid on TV will do a damn sigh more to stop further
    scams from succeeding than anything else I can think of. They should
    change their Terms so that they can data share with the other banks, so
    if you are that F'ing stupid to get ripped off by a phishing scams then
    the other banks can be warned and not accept you as a customer, or if
    they do , have you as a customer who is never to be given an eftpos card
    or have internet banking.

    All of the Mules who helped, simple, NAME them, publicly tell everyone
    how they signed up for the get rich quick scheme from Athens Financial
    Group Ltd, or Israeli Brokerage Services, or International Flower
    Company and all the hundreds of others.

    All the fake medicines online, start telling people how they are paying
    for chalk and sugar.

    Stocks, hell they are at least useful, they are a warning message of
    companies/shares that are about to collapse.

    I am at a loss as to why people trust anyone who spams them. If the same
    person came up to them on the street and asked them where they lived,
    their credit card number, and so on with a "promise" to make them rich
    they would laugh and tell them to F off. Yet because it is done on the
    net they somehow feel it is safe ??????
    Who Am I, Nov 20, 2006
  12. Anony Mouse

    Earl Grey Guest

    Who Am I wrote:
    > In article <ejmfkg$3ka$>,
    > Anony Mouse <> wrote:
    >
    >> I see Spamhaus has been doing a little improvement...
    >>
    >> The three people that I have been publicly naming for nearly a year now
    >> come in at numbers 1, 2 and 4...
    >>
    >> Funny that.
    >>
    >> It is time they are lined up against the wall...
    >>
    >> Anony Mouse

    > No, I think its time that everyone was subjected to the full brunt of
    > the spam.

    What a fucken GENIUS !

    Is that really the best plan you can come up with ?

    That'll really piss those spammers off !
    Earl Grey, Nov 20, 2006
  13. Anony Mouse

    Who Am I Guest

    In article <456102ff$>, Earl Grey <> wrote:

    > Who Am I wrote:
    > > In article <ejmfkg$3ka$>,
    > > Anony Mouse <> wrote:
    > >
    > >> I see Spamhaus has been doing a little improvement...
    > >>
    > >> The three people that I have been publicly naming for nearly a year now
    > >> come in at numbers 1, 2 and 4...
    > >>
    > >> Funny that.
    > >>
    > >> It is time they are lined up against the wall...
    > >>
    > >> Anony Mouse

    > > No, I think its time that everyone was subjected to the full brunt of
    > > the spam.

    > What a fucken GENIUS !
    >
    > Is that really the best plan you can come up with ?
    >
    > That'll really piss those spammers off !

    Let me see, years and years of filtering has done what... Oh yeah...
    nothing, its just added cost.

    And yeah it will piss the spammers off because ultimately it will hurt
    them more than anyone else.
    Who Am I, Nov 20, 2006
  14. Anony Mouse

    Earl Grey Guest

    Who Am I wrote:
    > In article <456102ff$>, Earl Grey <> wrote:
    >
    >> Who Am I wrote:

    >>> No, I think its time that everyone was subjected to the full brunt of
    >>> the spam.

    >> What a fucken GENIUS !
    >>
    >> Is that really the best plan you can come up with ?
    >>
    >> That'll really piss those spammers off !

    > Let me see, years and years of filtering has done what... Oh yeah...
    > nothing, its just added cost.
    >
    > And yeah it will piss the spammers off because ultimately it will hurt
    > them more than anyone else.

    LOL
    How long do you want us to bend over for ?
    Earl Grey, Nov 20, 2006
  15. Anony Mouse

    Anony Mouse Guest

    Earl Grey wrote:
    > Who Am I wrote:
    > LOL
    > How long do you want us to bend over for ?

    If you don't realize it you are already assuming the position.

    And your ISP is one of the worst.

    Anony Mouse
    Anony Mouse, Nov 20, 2006
  16. Anony Mouse

    Don Hills Guest

    In article <ejqmi1$nov$>,
    Anony Mouse <> wrote:

    (Snipped a long diatribe that simply confirmed what I said about you,)

    >Understand this Don. Get out of my face. Don't post off topic bullshit
    >in my threads and don't bother replying to this post.
    >
    >You are a waste of space!

    I wasn't talking to you, which was the original point I was trying to make.
    You've ignored your own advice to me on this, so I see no need for me to
    apologise or desist from posting in this thread.

    preparing you for the wonders of OS/2!"
    Don Hills, Nov 20, 2006
  17. Anony Mouse

    Anony Mouse Guest

    Don Hills wrote:
    > In article <ejqmi1$nov$>,
    > Anony Mouse <> wrote:
    >
    > (Snipped a long diatribe that simply confirmed what I said about you,)
    >

    >>Understand this Don. Get out of my face. Don't post off topic bullshit
    >>in my threads and don't bother replying to this post.
    >>
    >>You are a waste of space!

    > I wasn't talking to you,

    Yes you were... You do not have the brains to be a smart arse.

    > which was the original point I was trying to make.

    What that you have shit for brains and nothing to offer in the way
    intelligent debate. Just smart arsed comments that I am supposed to
    ignore...

    > You've ignored your own advice to me on this, so I see no need for me to
    > apologise

    I haven't asked you to and it is plain that you would never.

    > or desist from posting in this thread.

    Yeah right you piece of shit.

    Whats with the google search that turns up your name shit for brains...

    Thief Don Hills: New Zealand's Newest Identity Thief

    Perhaps you are in the wrong group...
    Try AUK I am sure you will fit in there.

    *Plonk*

    Anony Mouse
    Anony Mouse, Nov 20, 2006
  18. Anony Mouse

    Earl Grey Guest

    Anony Mouse wrote:
    > Earl Grey wrote:
    >> Who Am I wrote:
    >> LOL
    >> How long do you want us to bend over for ?

    > If you don't realize it you are already assuming the position.
    >
    > And your ISP is one of the worst.
    >
    > Anony Mouse

    If I don't realize what ?

    That you are the great Don Quixote of spam fighters ?
    Earl Grey, Nov 20, 2006
  19. T'was the Mon, 20 Nov 2006 18:08:09 +1200 when I remembered
    (Don Hills) saying something like this:

    >I wasn't talking to you, which was the original point I was trying to make.
    >You've ignored your own advice to me on this, so I see no need for me to
    >apologise or desist from posting in this thread.

    If it makes any difference, I agree wholeheartedly with you Don. Just
    because the people who attack you don't have grace, doesn't mean you
    need to resort to their level.
    --
    Cheers,

    Waylon Kenning.
    Waylon Kenning, Nov 20, 2006
  20. Anony Mouse

    Don Hills Guest

    In article <ejrjh8$e2l$>,
    Anony Mouse <> wrote:

    >Whats with the google search that turns up your name shit for brains...
    >
    >Thief Don Hills: New Zealand's Newest Identity Thief

    If you check out that thread and related ones, you'll discover you have a
    lot in common with the person who made that comment. Poor Tim, he was having
    a bad time of it near the end. Apparently he's using a Mac now and is much
    happier. Can we hope for a similar epiphany for you?

    >*Plonk*

    I chuckle whenever I see someone say that. I equate it to the sound of the
    door hitting them in the butt as they leave.

    preparing you for the wonders of OS/2!"
    Don Hills, Nov 20, 2006