Spamcop must be working...

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Howard, Oct 17, 2003.

  1. Howard

    Howard Guest

    I smirked when i got this spam today...

    Hello Free Internet User.

    You are reciving this email because we are having some trouble
    with an infamous company (http://spamcop.net) who seem to be
    hell bent on destroying not only my business but many other legitimate
    website owners and email list operators.

    we generaly get 1 or 2 complaints while mailing subscribers
    the rest are made up by a fraudulent spamcop.

    we always provide working optout links should you ever wish
    to unsubscribe from our mailing list. its instant and contrary
    to spamcops propoganda that we will sell your email.

    SPAMCOP IS A BUSINESS, THEY BLOCK THE ONLY WAY
    OF OPTING OUT, SO THEY CAN GET $30 UPSELLS ON
    THEIR WEBSITE!!!, IF EVERYONE OPTED OUT THEY
    WOULD HAVE NO BUSINESS!!!!!!!!!

    the companys main problems are:

    The CEO, one julian haight of (12560 37th Ave. NE Seattle, WA 98125 US)
    i belive has a serious attitude problem and is serverly lacking
    the intelligence to distinguish between an optin mailing
    with working optout links, and whats commenly know as spam.
    (or he just doesnt care)

    the company and some die hard users(losers) have a "nazi"
    like attitude to any sort of email.

    everyone knows that spam can be a big problem, but often
    these companys blow it out of proportion for quick profit.
    they cause financial disruption to companys who have
    invested years of hard work.
    they send thousands of unsolicited complaints to hosts/isps.

    there needs to be a balance or a monitoring authority put
    in place to monitor the activities of these sorts of companys.
    otherwise the internet will no longer be the free place it
    once was.

    if you are fedup with these companies taking away our freedom
    of speech and our rights to create a legitamite business
    and want to keep your internet a free place, email your isp
    and lobby them
    to use an alternate spam filtering system, one that actuly
    checks a message to see if it is spam, and checks for
    unsubscribe links!

    Julian haight spamcops CEO is rumoured to have conections with
    Al-Quada, one of the most disruptive terrorist orginisations on earth.
    hes specialty is cyber terrorism. which disperses highly needed
    homeland security funds by rendering multi million dollar
    industrys unprofitable.
    haights main motive is the perversion of American free enterprise.

    SPAMCOP EVEN BLACKLISTS ITS COMPETITORS!!!

    some reading material:
    http://jimworld.com/apps/webmaster.forums/action::thread/thread::371/forum::dir
    ect-mail/
    http://www.website101.com/SpamFilter/spamcop_vigilanties.html
    http://gofuckyourself.com/showthread.php?
    s=&threadid=176038&perpage=50&pagenumber=1
    http://niba4u.com/
    http://www.shopmystate.com/logon/Library/Swami-090301.html

    thankyou

    Howard, Oct 17, 2003

  2. Howard

    Dogg Guest

    On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 12:10:06 +1300, "Howard" <>
    wrote:

    >I smirked when i got this spam today...

    <snippity doo daa>

    It was almost believable until he got to the part about "Al-Quada"
    sic.

    Dogg, Oct 17, 2003

  3. Howard

    bt Guest

    On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 12:10:06 +1300, "Howard" <>
    wrote:

    Not You ;)

    <rant>

    >Julian haight spamcops CEO is rumoured to have conections with
    >Al-Quada, one of the most disruptive terrorist orginisations on earth.

    Up until this point I thought 'typical self serving tripe dished out
    by a typically myopic yank scamster'.

    But then the above. It boggles the mind. Just how fucking stupid does
    this clown think we all are ?

    >hes specialty is cyber terrorism.

    Well, that's defamation. Easily proven a lie and actionable.

    Wonder if this guy put's HIS OWN personal details in the post ?

    Bet your arse he didn't. Doesn't want to be spammed or sued.

    >which disperses highly needed homeland security funds

    **** off - that homeland security scam is another form of corporate
    welfare for yank billionaires.

    >by rendering multi million dollar industrys unprofitable.

    Multimillion dollar Rackets and Scams you mean.

    Your fucking SPAM costs the end consumer AND the internet industry
    millions of dollars a year. It brings networks to their end, spreads
    viruses and cons people out of their hard earned.

    >haights main motive is the perversion of American free enterprise.

    American 'Free Enterpise' does not exist: it is a protectionist state
    that has made an industry in and of itself convincing all the rest of
    us that it is Open.

    Us here in NZ have plenty of experiance of your yank 'free enterpise':
    Illegal tarrifs, standover or intimidation or blackmail tactics in
    order to let YOUR WMD into OUR ports, etc. Oh, and the good old "join
    us in our illegal invasion of Iraq or we'll use our influence to
    punish you for your display of backbone"...

    What's soo bloody great about this american capitalism anyway ? Do
    your weakest citizens benefit ? Do your average Joe's like it ?

    No they fucking do NOT. Even if they cannot NAME an alternative.

    It's only as 'free' as the next Billionaire says it is.

    >SPAMCOP EVEN BLACKLISTS ITS COMPETITORS!!!

    Prove it.

    >some reading material:
    >http://jimworld.com/apps/webmaster.forums/action::thread/thread::371/forum::dir
    >ect-mail/
    >http://www.website101.com/SpamFilter/spamcop_vigilanties.html
    >http://gofuckyourself.com/showthread.php?
    >s=&threadid=176038&perpage=50&pagenumber=1
    >http://niba4u.com/
    >http://www.shopmystate.com/logon/Library/Swami-090301.html

    Look at your tracker spam links ? I'm not that green.

    >thankyou

    Get your tongue out of my arse and get a real job. Fucking conman.

    </rant>

    Brendan (Avatar)

    --
    ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸

    Check out my cool Water Cooling Project! http://www.computerman.orcon.net.nz/WaterCooling1.html

    Email: corum.usenet@myrealbox (dot com). No Timewasters. No UCE.
    My comments are IMHO, IIRC, FYI, and Copyright.

    bt, Oct 17, 2003
  4. Howard

    David Guest

    *snip*
    > the companys main problems are:
    >
    > The CEO, one julian haight of (12560 37th Ave. NE Seattle, WA 98125

    US)
    > i belive has a serious attitude problem and is serverly lacking
    > the intelligence to distinguish between an optin mailing
    > with working optout links, and whats commenly know as spam.
    > (or he just doesnt care)

    *snip*
    One would think that if you are going to accuse someone as lacking in
    intelligence then the smart thing to do would be to use a spell, grammar and
    capitalisation check first...

    David, Oct 17, 2003
  5. Howard

    Michael Loke Guest

    > SPAMCOP IS A BUSINESS, THEY BLOCK THE ONLY WAY
    > OF OPTING OUT, SO THEY CAN GET $30 UPSELLS ON
    > THEIR WEBSITE!!!, IF EVERYONE OPTED OUT THEY
    > WOULD HAVE NO BUSINESS!!!!!!!!!

    Spam-employed FUD tactics?

    Michael Loke, Oct 17, 2003