Spam filters for OE?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Nighthawk, Mar 11, 2008.

  1. Nighthawk

    Nighthawk Guest

    Someone I know with XP, using OE for email, on Xtra, has recently
    started to get a large amount of SPAM. There seem to be a number of
    SPAM filters that can be integrated into OE, such as SPAMfighter and
    SPAMaware. Has anyone used any of these or recommend any other
    solution?
     
    Nighthawk, Mar 11, 2008
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Nighthawk

    Matty F Guest

    On Mar 11, 5:09 pm, Nighthawk <> wrote:
    > Someone I know with XP, using OE for email, on Xtra, has recently
    > started to get a large amount of SPAM. There seem to be a number of
    > SPAM filters that can be integrated into OE, such as SPAMfighter and
    > SPAMaware. Has anyone used any of these or recommend any other
    > solution?


    Go to Xtra Webmail and flag the offending messages as spam. Their
    filters will then learn what is spam. For me, about one spam per week
    gets through their filters, and it's been about 4 months since a
    legitimate message was put in the spam folder.
     
    Matty F, Mar 11, 2008
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Nighthawk

    Nighthawk Guest

    On Tue, 11 Mar 2008 12:13:34 -0700 (PDT), Matty F
    <> wrote:

    >On Mar 11, 5:09 pm, Nighthawk <> wrote:
    >> Someone I know with XP, using OE for email, on Xtra, has recently
    >> started to get a large amount of SPAM. There seem to be a number of
    >> SPAM filters that can be integrated into OE, such as SPAMfighter and
    >> SPAMaware. Has anyone used any of these or recommend any other
    >> solution?

    >
    >Go to Xtra Webmail and flag the offending messages as spam. Their
    >filters will then learn what is spam. For me, about one spam per week
    >gets through their filters, and it's been about 4 months since a
    >legitimate message was put in the spam folder.


    Really? Another friend of mine thinks that Xtra have abandoned email
    filtering, trying to push people over to the Yahoo/Xtra email.
     
    Nighthawk, Mar 12, 2008
    #3
  4. Nighthawk

    Matty F Guest

    On Mar 12, 2:04 pm, Nighthawk <> wrote:
    > On Tue, 11 Mar 2008 12:13:34 -0700 (PDT), Matty F


    > >Go to Xtra Webmail and flag the offending messages as spam. Their
    > >filters will then learn what is spam. For me, about one spam per week
    > >gets through their filters, and it's been about 4 months since a
    > >legitimate message was put in the spam folder.

    >
    > Really? Another friend of mine thinks that Xtra have abandoned email
    > filtering, trying to push people over to the Yahoo/Xtra email.


    Well yes I meant Yahoo/Xtra email. I didn't know there was an
    alternative.
    If there was, it didn't work for my browser at the time.
     
    Matty F, Mar 12, 2008
    #4
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. C A Preston

    Spam-Spam and more Spam

    C A Preston, Apr 12, 2004, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    697
    Hywel
    Apr 12, 2004
  2. [blu|shark]

    Canon: EF filters = EF-S filters?

    [blu|shark], Jan 22, 2004, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    17
    Views:
    2,475
    Steve
    Jan 28, 2004
  3. Clwddncr
    Replies:
    6
    Views:
    768
    Dave - Dave.net.nz
    Feb 7, 2005
  4. Giuen
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    1,158
    Giuen
    Sep 12, 2008
  5. peter
    Replies:
    5
    Views:
    867
    peter
    Dec 13, 2010
Loading...

Share This Page