    Spacebar has ceased to cause the page being viewed to scroll down.
    Used to work. Just stopped?

    Thoughts anyone?

    Nho Whei, Jan 21, 2006

  2. On 2006-01-21, Nho Whei <> wrote:

    > Spacebar has ceased to cause the page being viewed to scroll down.
    > Used to work. Just stopped?
    >
    > Thoughts anyone?

    Interesting. For me, the space bar works to scroll a page fine in FF-1.5,
    but it stopped working as "scroll page" in Thunderbird when I updated to v1.5.

    I suspect there's a prefs.js tweak to fix this, but what it might be is
    not obvious.

    --

    John ()

    John Thompson, Jan 22, 2006

  3. John Thompson wrote:
    > On 2006-01-21, Nho Whei <> wrote:
    >
    >> Spacebar has ceased to cause the page being viewed to scroll down.
    >> Used to work. Just stopped?
    >>
    >> Thoughts anyone?

    > Interesting. For me, the space bar works to scroll a page fine in FF-1.5,
    > but it stopped working as "scroll page" in Thunderbird when I updated to v1.5.
    >
    > I suspect there's a prefs.js tweak to fix this, but what it might be is
    > not obvious.

    Spacebar moves me down the page in both FF and TB from here.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Jan 22, 2006
  4. Nho Whei

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Nho Whei wrote:
    > Spacebar has ceased to cause the page being viewed to scroll down.
    > Used to work. Just stopped?
    >
    > Thoughts anyone?

    First thing to check is any extensions or themes you may have recently
    installed or updated. also any other memory-resident programs. I'm
    playing around with an odd problem with SeaMonkey that /seems/ to be
    caused by some interaction with Norton Anti Virus. Not sure yet but it
    does point to the fact that today's systems are so complex that it's
    just not fair to assume anything nor to blame such problems immediately
    on one system component but it the application (Firefox), the OS, or
    some one of the other multitudinous "background" processes.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

    Ed Mullen, Jan 22, 2006
  5. Nho Whei

    Nho Whei Guest

    On Sat, 21 Jan 2006 22:48:13 +1300, Nho Whei <>
    wrote:

    >Spacebar has ceased to cause the page being viewed to scroll down.
    >Used to work. Just stopped?
    >
    >Thoughts anyone?

    Well, after a further googleprowl, I disabled:
    Option/Advanced/Allow text to be selected with the keyboard.

    Fixed ! Spacebar now doing what it otta.

    Nho Whei, Jan 22, 2006
  6. On 2006-01-22, Ed Mullen <> wrote:

    > Nho Whei wrote:
    >> Spacebar has ceased to cause the page being viewed to scroll down.
    >> Used to work. Just stopped?
    >>
    >> Thoughts anyone?

    > First thing to check is any extensions or themes you may have recently
    > installed or updated. also any other memory-resident programs. I'm
    > playing around with an odd problem with SeaMonkey that /seems/ to be
    > caused by some interaction with Norton Anti Virus. Not sure yet but it
    > does point to the fact that today's systems are so complex that it's
    > just not fair to assume anything nor to blame such problems immediately
    > on one system component but it the application (Firefox), the OS, or
    > some one of the other multitudinous "background" processes.

    I'm running linux, so there's no anti-virus resident to muck things up. I
    did start TB-1.5 up in safe mode, and the space bar worked properly to
    advance a screen. This suggests that an extension may be causing the
    problem for me at least. Now I just have to track down the culprit...

    --

    John ()

    John Thompson, Jan 22, 2006