Spa9000 Sip to IAD2431 to Cisco 2811 PRI

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by apetit@verizon.net, May 23, 2010.

  1. Guest

    internal SIP based system consisting of SPA9000, SPA400 and SPA942
    phones is to be configured to send and receive calls through a PRI
    based protocol set up on the carrier edge router Cisco 2811.
    I sucessfully configured the T1 1/0 port of our own edge router Cisco
    IAD 2431 to connect to the Cisco 2811 T1 port of the carrier .
    [ test was successful ISDN test call from the CLI of the IAD 2431 with
    number ringing and such]

    I have two remaining tasks:
    1) configure the SPA9000 to connect to the IAD FE 0/0 . this means
    setting up the FE 0/0 correctly with the correct sip-ua setting/
    subsetting and correctly settting up the SPA9000. I am assuming that
    the proxy registration is an address on the IAD2431 at this point.

    2) Making Sure that Calls will be routed from the FE 0/0 to the PRI
    T1. I am assuming that thsi trunking won;t happend by magic and needs
    to be set up. this is the part where a SIP message needs to be
    transformed to PRI.

    I have tried many configurations and done much research. All I
    accomplished was to get more and more confused about the IP telephony.
    I am going back to basic and learning the technology as fast as
    possible.
    I would have tought that my sip-server would be the IAD 2431 and not
    the SPA9000. Anyhow if you do have smaple config files or have gone
    through this set up before your infromation will be immensly
    appreciated.

    thanks

    , May 23, 2010