    If the device wasn't remote, I'd try it in a BT line. Alas, I cannot at
    the moment.

    Cheers.

    Jono, Sep 5, 2007

  2. Jono

    Christian Guest

    Hi Jono,

    > I'm using an SPA3102 in conjunction with a GSM premicell. When dialling
    > out over the mobile network, although I can hear the caller perfectly
    > well, they experience clipping of the audio at their end.

    In the webinterface of the SPA, under the tab "regional", you can find a
    setting "FXS port input gain". If you set this at a lower level, this should
    decrease the audio level towards your premicell. Try it with steps of 3 (dB)
    at a time. A good start value is -3 (that is what I believe is the default).
    Negative values mean a reduction, positive values mean amplification of the
    audio signal.

    Oh... if you don't hear any difference at all, then this is my fault: I
    always seem to confuse FXO/FXS input and output signals. If I screwed up:
    you need to do the described procedure with the "FXS port output gain" :)

    Hope this helps...
    Christian

    Christian, Sep 7, 2007

  3. Jono

    Christian Guest

    > I'm using an SPA3102 in conjunction with a GSM premicell. When
    > dialling out over the mobile network, although I can hear the caller
    > perfectly well, they experience clipping of the audio at their end.

    You know what: I screwed up already :) Never mind my earlier post, you
    need to adapt the audio level from the SPA towards your PSTN line (the
    premicell). The recommendation I made in the previous post would work but
    would also affect the audio-levels on your VOIP-calls.

    So... second attempt: in the webinterface of the SPA, under the tab "PSTN
    line", you can find a setting "SPA To PSTN Gain" (at the bottom of the
    page). If you set this at a lower level, this should decrease the audio
    level towards your premicell. Try it with steps of 3 (dB) at a time. A good
    start value is 0 (that is what I believe is the default). Negative values
    mean a reduction, positive values mean amplification of the audio signal
    towards the PSTN-line.

    Hope I really helped you this time :)
    Christian

    Christian, Sep 7, 2007
  4. Jono

    Jono Guest

    Christian submitted this idea :
    >> I'm using an SPA3102 in conjunction with a GSM premicell. When
    >> dialling out over the mobile network, although I can hear the caller
    >> perfectly well, they experience clipping of the audio at their end.

    > You know what: I screwed up already :) Never mind my earlier post, you need
    > to adapt the audio level from the SPA towards your PSTN line (the premicell).
    > The recommendation I made in the previous post would work but would also
    > affect the audio-levels on your VOIP-calls.
    >
    > So... second attempt: in the webinterface of the SPA, under the tab "PSTN
    > line", you can find a setting "SPA To PSTN Gain" (at the bottom of the page).
    > If you set this at a lower level, this should decrease the audio level
    > towards your premicell. Try it with steps of 3 (dB) at a time. A good start
    > value is 0 (that is what I believe is the default). Negative values mean a
    > reduction, positive values mean amplification of the audio signal towards the
    > PSTN-line.
    >
    > Hope I really helped you this time :)
    > Christian

    Cheers