    Avoiding using the handsfree mode on the handset usually improves matters
    slightly but not completely.

    Any comments most welcome - Cheers from Mike
    Mike Sun, Jun 12, 2008

  2. Mike Sun

    Sinna Guest

    Mike Sun wrote:
    > Running an SPA3102 with default settings on 5.1.7 (GW) firmware, call
    > quality is generally good. However, if the called number is in a more noisy
    > environment, that call recipient often complains of bad call quality.
    >
    > I assume that the problem is due to echo cancellation not working so well in
    > noisy places and was wondering if anyone has experienced similar issues and
    > perhaps made any improvement by tweaking some parameters such as in the
    > "Audio Configuration" section of the "Line 1" tab.
    >
    > Avoiding using the handsfree mode on the handset usually improves matters
    > slightly but not completely.
    >
    > Any comments most welcome - Cheers from Mike

    The same issue here.
    When I'm calling my parents, the first thing I have to ask it to switch
    off hands-free, otherwise there's no conversation at all.

    Sinna
    Sinna, Jun 13, 2008

  3. Sinna <> wrote:
    > The same issue here.
    > When I'm calling my parents, the first thing I have to ask it to switch
    > off hands-free, otherwise there's no conversation at all.

    I get a buzzing sound from a SPA3102 when calling it via Sipgate from a
    landline, which doesn't happen when using a softphone. I've tried two
    (basic, wired, no handsfree) phones and it's still there. It's a few metres
    away from the fridge, but wouldn't have thought that would be close enough
    to cause problems, and there's no significant background audio. I haven't
    tried fiddling with any of the audio settings (not knowing which to fiddle).

    Theo
    Theo Markettos, Jun 13, 2008
  4. Mike Sun

    Sinna Guest

    Theo Markettos wrote:
    > Sinna <> wrote:
    >> The same issue here.
    >> When I'm calling my parents, the first thing I have to ask it to switch
    >> off hands-free, otherwise there's no conversation at all.

    > I get a buzzing sound from a SPA3102 when calling it via Sipgate from a
    > landline, which doesn't happen when using a softphone. I've tried two
    > (basic, wired, no handsfree) phones and it's still there. It's a few metres
    > away from the fridge, but wouldn't have thought that would be close enough
    > to cause problems, and there's no significant background audio. I haven't
    > tried fiddling with any of the audio settings (not knowing which to fiddle).
    >
    > Theo

    What do you mean with 'buzzing'? Like a buzzer? English is not my native
    language...
    If like a buzzer, I don't experience the same using VoipCheap.

    Sinna
    Sinna, Jun 13, 2008
  5. Sinna <> wrote:
    > What do you mean with 'buzzing'? Like a buzzer? English is not my native
    > language...

    Yes. The noise a bee makes when it's flying (but lower in pitch).

    > If like a buzzer, I don't experience the same using VoipCheap.

    I don't really know where to start in tracking it down as I think I've
    eliminated the hardware options. It's on VoipCheap outbound so I suppose I
    could try that.

    Theo
    Theo Markettos, Jun 13, 2008
  6. Mike Sun

    Sinna Guest

    Theo Markettos wrote:
    > Sinna <> wrote:
    >> What do you mean with 'buzzing'? Like a buzzer? English is not my native
    >> language...

    > Yes. The noise a bee makes when it's flying (but lower in pitch).
    >
    >> If like a buzzer, I don't experience the same using VoipCheap.

    > I don't really know where to start in tracking it down as I think I've
    > eliminated the hardware options. It's on VoipCheap outbound so I suppose I
    > could try that.
    >
    > Theo

    I had a much better voice quality when setting the impedances of the
    FXO-port correctly. It depends on the telecom provider (and I think also
    on the country).
    Perhaps you can take a look on that.

    Sinna
    Sinna, Jun 16, 2008