SPA3102 dial plans and routing of 18185 etc?

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Brian, Jul 13, 2007.

  1. Brian

    Brian Guest

    As some of you may know, with help I managed to setup my new Linksys
    SPA3102 to use Voip.Co.UK, but discovered it only had one separate
    phone line (I need to separate billing on voip accounts) and I thought
    it might be handy for our situation (shared house) if we were able to
    have different voip providers at the same time, now or in the future.
    So I had decided to back the 3102 and replace it with a PAP2T which
    has 2 ports. HOWEVER someone mentioned that it's possible to route all
    my calls (not the sharers) through the 3102, for example

    1: 01 & 02 calls through voip.co.uk
    2: mobiles & non geo through 18185
    3: still use BT were necessary, such as 0844 etc all from the one
    phone, a bit like the orchid dialer I am using at the moment on my BT
    line?

    Via dial plans I presume. Is this also possible on a PAP2T?

    Dial plans: Seem awfully complicated, so as an example, how would one
    go about setting one up on a 3102?

    TIA.

    Brian, Jul 13, 2007

  2. Brian

    Brian A Guest

    On Fri, 13 Jul 2007 06:57:04 GMT, Brian <> wrote:

    >As some of you may know, with help I managed to setup my new Linksys
    >SPA3102 to use Voip.Co.UK, but discovered it only had one separate
    >phone line (I need to separate billing on voip accounts) and I thought
    >it might be handy for our situation (shared house) if we were able to
    >have different voip providers at the same time, now or in the future.
    >So I had decided to back the 3102 and replace it with a PAP2T which
    >has 2 ports. HOWEVER someone mentioned that it's possible to route all
    >my calls (not the sharers) through the 3102, for example
    >
    >1: 01 & 02 calls through voip.co.uk
    >2: mobiles & non geo through 18185
    >3: still use BT were necessary, such as 0844 etc all from the one
    >phone, a bit like the orchid dialer I am using at the moment on my BT
    >line?
    >
    >Via dial plans I presume. Is this also possible on a PAP2T?

    No. The PAP2 has 2 independent lines but the SPA-3102 has one line (in
    and out) + 4 gateways. That way you can have 5 outgoing accounts -
    they do not need to be with different providers.
    The SPA-3102 is worth having even if you don't have a landline to plug
    in to it because of its versatility.
    An alternative, lest you wanted even more outgoing providers, would be
    to use voxalot. That route would also enable a PAP2 to work with
    multiple providers
    check out
    www.voxalot.com

    >Dial plans: Seem awfully complicated, so as an example, how would one
    >go about setting one up on a 3102?

    Can I suggest that you do a Google groups on this one. You'll find
    plenty of postings for the SPA dial plans.

    Setting up ATAs does have a learning curve but by spending a little
    time understanding dial plans you'll be able to develop them to do
    what you want.
    For example. If you have a user who wants to use gateway 1 you could
    have them use a PIN to access. Something like
    <#594,:>xx.<:mad:gw1>
    If the caller dials #594 they will get a second dial tone and then
    they can dial out.
    For practical reasons you'd modify that to make dialling numbers more
    easily. What I have shown is just a basic example of what is possible.

    ---
    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Get your friends to sign too!
    TV.
    ---

    Brian A, Jul 13, 2007

  3. Brian

    Graham Guest

    "Brian" <> wrote in message
    > As some of you may know, with help I managed to setup my new Linksys
    > SPA3102 to use Voip.Co.UK, but discovered it only had one separate
    > phone line (I need to separate billing on voip accounts) and I thought
    > it might be handy for our situation (shared house) if we were able to
    > have different voip providers at the same time, now or in the future.
    > So I had decided to back the 3102 and replace it with a PAP2T which
    > has 2 ports. HOWEVER someone mentioned that it's possible to route all
    > my calls (not the sharers) through the 3102, for example
    >
    > 1: 01 & 02 calls through voip.co.uk
    > 2: mobiles & non geo through 18185
    > 3: still use BT were necessary, such as 0844 etc all from the one
    > phone, a bit like the orchid dialer I am using at the moment on my BT
    > line?
    >
    > Via dial plans I presume. Is this also possible on a PAP2T?
    >

    > Dial plans: Seem awfully complicated, so as an example, how would one
    > go about setting one up on a 3102?

    As Brian A has suggested, use voxalot.

    I use voxalot to consolidate my voip accounts.
    The two lines of my PAP2 log into a separate voxalot accounts
    and several providers are in each account.
    It is much easier to set the dialplan in voxalot than the ATA
    eg.
    0800 go via Sipgate
    01/02 and uk mobiles via voipcheap.com
    7 digit numbers that begin 2-9 are assumed to be Manchester
    numbers and get 0044161 prefixed automatically
    national numbers likewise lose the "0" and get 0044 prefixed
    123 gets Pat Simmons (thanks Ivor)
    And a nice touch I added, was dialling 10 from either handset
    will ring the other on its voxalot number, so it works like a PABX.

    One thing you might have missed, is that the PAP2 has no FXO
    port for the PSTN

    I find incomming calls problematic via Voxalot.
    Not much success with Sipgate, Orbtalk and an old voipcheap.co.uk
    number. Can anyone help me with this?

    --
    Graham.
    %Profound_observation%

    Graham, Jul 13, 2007
  4. Brian

    Brian Guest

    On 13-07-2007, Graham <> wrote:

    > I find incomming calls problematic via Voxalot.
    > Not much success with Sipgate, Orbtalk and an old voipcheap.co.uk
    > number. Can anyone help me with this?

    Sipgate started blocking incoming calls to Voxalot a while ago, so you
    will have no luck there unless they relent. I thought the Betamax
    products worked. Mine (not Voipcheap) does. I don't know about Orbtalk
    but would have expected it to work. There is quite a bit of discussion
    about these providers on the Voxalot forums.

    Come 16 July there are changes at Voxalot which affect incoming calls.
    In essence there will be a charge for some elements of the service.

    --
    Brian

    Brian, Jul 13, 2007
  5. Brian

    Tim Guest

    Brian wrote:
    > 3: still use BT were necessary, such as 0844 etc all from the one
    > phone, a bit like the orchid dialer I am using at the moment on my BT
    > line?
    >
    > Via dial plans I presume. Is this also possible on a PAP2T?

    The BT bit isn't because a PAP2T does not have an FXO connection (the
    connection you can connect to the BT socket on the wall)

    Tim

    Tim, Jul 13, 2007
  6. Brian

    Brian Guest

    On Fri, 13 Jul 2007 10:37:38 GMT, Brian A
    <> wrote:

    >On Fri, 13 Jul 2007 06:57:04 GMT, Brian <> wrote:
    >
    >>As some of you may know, with help I managed to setup my new Linksys
    >>SPA3102 to use Voip.Co.UK, but discovered it only had one separate
    >>phone line (I need to separate billing on voip accounts) and I thought
    >>it might be handy for our situation (shared house) if we were able to
    >>have different voip providers at the same time, now or in the future.
    >>So I had decided to back the 3102 and replace it with a PAP2T which
    >>has 2 ports. HOWEVER someone mentioned that it's possible to route all
    >>my calls (not the sharers) through the 3102, for example
    >>
    >>1: 01 & 02 calls through voip.co.uk
    >>2: mobiles & non geo through 18185
    >>3: still use BT were necessary, such as 0844 etc all from the one
    >>phone, a bit like the orchid dialer I am using at the moment on my BT
    >>line?
    >>
    >>Via dial plans I presume. Is this also possible on a PAP2T?

    >No. The PAP2 has 2 independent lines but the SPA-3102 has one line (in
    >and out) + 4 gateways. That way you can have 5 outgoing accounts -

    Gateway?what's that and how does one set those up, the manual makes no
    mention of gateways.

    >they do not need to be with different providers.

    But they could be?

    >The SPA-3102 is worth having even if you don't have a landline to plug
    >in to it because of its versatility.
    >An alternative, lest you wanted even more outgoing providers, would be
    >to use voxalot. That route would also enable a PAP2 to work with
    >multiple providers
    >check out
    >www.voxalot.com

    Don't really want to get involved in complicated setup routines. I
    just want one or two separate providers, and the ability to change
    easily as prices change.

    Brian, Jul 15, 2007