    the ATAs up to achieve this config?

    TIA

    Rupert

    Rupert, Jul 17, 2006

  2. Rupert

    Tim Guest

    Rupert wrote:
    > I've just got myself an SPA3000. The idea being to connect the FXO interface
    > to an analogue extension on my office PBX and then connect in over VoIP from
    > a remote SPA1000 so I can dial in/out of our PBX from home/anywhere.
    >

    > The IP level of this set up is sorted - I'll always have a VPN back to the
    > office - but could someone point me in the direction of a how-to on how set
    > the ATAs up to achieve this config?

    Look on:

    http://www.provu.co.uk/support.html

    In the sipura section.

    Specifically,
    http://www.provu.co.uk/pdf/sipura/spa_backtoback_1x_spa3000_and_1x_spa1001.pdf

    Tim

    Tim, Jul 17, 2006

  3. Rupert

    Rupert Guest

    Thanks, Tim. That's great. Got it working now.

    I wonder if you/anyone can advise me on a few points through please:

    *When I pick up the phone at the SPA1001 end, there's 20 seconds of ringing
    before the 3000 goes off-hook on the FXO port and I can hear the PBX dial
    tone??

    *In an incoming call scenario the 3000 actually picks up the call and then
    forwards it to the 1001. As a result any other extensions ringing on that
    incoming call stop ringing and cannot answer the call. Is it possible to get
    the 3000 just to relay the ringing to the 1001 without picking up the call.
    If the phone on the 1001 should then be picked up, then the 3000 can pick up
    the call in turn?

    *It doesn't seem possible to dial * and # codes once connected - they seem
    to be picked up by the local ATA as commands(?). In the same vain, is it
    possible to relay a recall across this solution for call transfer purposes
    on the remote PBX?

    Thanks,

    Rupert

    Rupert, Jul 21, 2006
  4. Rupert

    Rupert Guest

    "Rupert" <none@invalid> wrote in message

    > Thanks, Tim. That's great. Got it working now.
    >
    > I wonder if you/anyone can advise me on a few points through please:
    >
    > *When I pick up the phone at the SPA1001 end, there's 20 seconds of
    > ringing before the 3000 goes off-hook on the FXO port and I can hear the
    > PBX dial tone??
    >
    > *In an incoming call scenario the 3000 actually picks up the call and then
    > forwards it to the 1001. As a result any other extensions ringing on that
    > incoming call stop ringing and cannot answer the call. Is it possible to
    > get the 3000 just to relay the ringing to the 1001 without picking up the
    > call. If the phone on the 1001 should then be picked up, then the 3000 can
    > pick up the call in turn?
    >
    > *It doesn't seem possible to dial * and # codes once connected - they seem
    > to be picked up by the local ATA as commands(?). In the same vain, is it
    > possible to relay a recall across this solution for call transfer purposes
    > on the remote PBX?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Rupert

    My apologies for top posting...

    Rupert, Jul 21, 2006
  5. Rupert

    paul hayes Guest

    Rupert wrote:

    > *When I pick up the phone at the SPA1001 end, there's 20 seconds of ringing
    > before the 3000 goes off-hook on the FXO port and I can hear the PBX dial
    > tone??

    Have a look at the settings called "PSTN Answer Delay" and "VoIP Answer
    Delay" on the PSTN Line tab of the configuration.

    > *In an incoming call scenario the 3000 actually picks up the call and then
    > forwards it to the 1001. As a result any other extensions ringing on that
    > incoming call stop ringing and cannot answer the call. Is it possible to get
    > the 3000 just to relay the ringing to the 1001 without picking up the call.
    > If the phone on the 1001 should then be picked up, then the 3000 can pick up
    > the call in turn?

    Upgrading to the latest firmware should resolve this issue.

    > *It doesn't seem possible to dial * and # codes once connected - they seem
    > to be picked up by the local ATA as commands(?). In the same vain, is it
    > possible to relay a recall across this solution for call transfer purposes
    > on the remote PBX?

    If you look at the Regional tab of the configuration, you'll see a
    section where a lot of Service Activation codes are defined. The codes
    you are trying to send to the PBX will no doubt be conflicting with
    these. Just change or remove any codes you want the SPA3000 to blindly
    pass through to the PBX.

    Cheers,
    Paul.

    paul hayes, Jul 21, 2006
  6. Rupert

    Rupert Guest

    Paul,

    paul hayes wrote:

    > Rupert wrote:
    >>
    >> *When I pick up the phone at the SPA1001 end, there's 20 seconds of
    >> ringing before the 3000 goes off-hook on the FXO port and I can hear the
    >> PBX dial tone??

    > Have a look at the settings called "PSTN Answer Delay" and "VoIP Answer
    > Delay" on the PSTN Line tab of the configuration.

    Both of these were set to 0. However I traced the problem to the 'Call
    Forward Settings' under 'User 1' - I'd put 'gw0' under 'Cfwd No Ans Dest:'.
    I moved it to 'Cfwd All Dest:' and that solved the problem...

    >> *In an incoming call scenario the 3000 actually picks up the call and
    >> then forwards it to the 1001. As a result any other extensions ringing on
    >> that incoming call stop ringing and cannot answer the call. Is it
    >> possible to get the 3000 just to relay the ringing to the 1001 without
    >> picking up the call. If the phone on the 1001 should then be picked up,
    >> then the 3000 can pick up the call in turn?

    > Upgrading to the latest firmware should resolve this issue.

    Yep. That's sorted that.

    >> *It doesn't seem possible to dial * and # codes once connected - they
    >> seem to be picked up by the local ATA as commands(?). In the same vain,
    >> is it possible to relay a recall across this solution for call transfer
    >> purposes on the remote PBX?

    > If you look at the Regional tab of the configuration, you'll see a section
    > where a lot of Service Activation codes are defined. The codes you are
    > trying to send to the PBX will no doubt be conflicting with these. Just
    > change or remove any codes you want the SPA3000 to blindly pass through to
    > the PBX.

    I've had a look at this. All the codes there seem to start with a *. The
    codes I most need to use once off-hook on the PBX begin with # - so I can't
    seem to find any conflicts to remove?

    Thanks for your help.

    Cheers,

    Rupert