    Does any-one know please?

    Many thanks.

    David
    David Floyd, May 16, 2005

  2. David Floyd

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "David Floyd" <> wrote in message
    news:3TzpvtOxmGiCFwEH@127.0.0.1...
    > All the publicity that I've seen for the 3000 says it only recognizes
    > Bellcore Type 1 CLI. Most Sipura paperwork including the big manual has
    > a copyright date of 2004 so I wonder if there has been an update to the
    > 3000 that allows it to recognize other Caller ID and in particular the
    > UK BT type.
    >
    > Does any-one know please?

    I've not used a 3000 but my 2000 has 8 different regional settings for
    CLI - take a look in the "regional" tab in the admin config screen. Also
    check on the Sipura site for the latest firmware and make sure you have
    it.

    In actual fact I haven't come across a phone here yet that doesn't respond
    to Bellcore CLI with the sole exception of my Philips fax machine, but
    that doesn't seem to respond to the UK CLI setting either..!

    BTW anyone know where I can get standalone CLI displays..? I can't find
    them in any of the shops any more.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, May 16, 2005

  3. David Floyd

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Mon, 16 May 2005, Ivor Jones writes

    >"David Floyd" <> wrote in message
    >> All the publicity that I've seen for the 3000 says it only recognizes
    >> Bellcore Type 1 CLI. Most Sipura paperwork including the big manual has
    >> a copyright date of 2004 so I wonder if there has been an update to the
    >> 3000 that allows it to recognize other Caller ID and in particular the
    >> UK BT type.
    >>
    >> Does any-one know please?

    >I've not used a 3000 but my 2000 has 8 different regional settings for
    >CLI - take a look in the "regional" tab in the admin config screen. Also
    >check on the Sipura site for the latest firmware and make sure you have
    >it.

    You've read my query the wrong way round. You appear to be talking
    about delivery of CLI. My query concerns the SPA box recognizing
    incoming CLI.

    And yes I have looked on the Sipura website and as I said all the
    documentation has a copyright date of 2004. Which is not very
    informative if there has been a hardware update that includes
    recognition of other forms of CLI.
    David Floyd, May 16, 2005
  4. David Floyd

    > In message of Mon, 16 May 2005, Ivor Jones writes
    >>
    >>"David Floyd" <> wrote in message
    >>> All the publicity that I've seen for the 3000 says it only recognizes
    >>> Bellcore Type 1 CLI. Most Sipura paperwork including the big manual
    >>> has
    >>> a copyright date of 2004 so I wonder if there has been an update to
    >>> the
    >>> 3000 that allows it to recognize other Caller ID and in particular the
    >>> UK BT type.
    >>>
    >>> Does any-one know please?

    >>I've not used a 3000 but my 2000 has 8 different regional settings for
    >>CLI - take a look in the "regional" tab in the admin config screen. Also
    >>check on the Sipura site for the latest firmware and make sure you have
    >>it.
    >>

    > You've read my query the wrong way round. You appear to be talking
    > about delivery of CLI. My query concerns the SPA box recognizing
    > incoming CLI.

    I think I read you correctly. The regional settings of the Sipura dictate
    which form of CLI is passed to connected phones. Or did you mean something
    else..? There should not be any problem with recognising CLI coming in
    from the outside world, at least I don't have any problem on my 2000.

    > And yes I have looked on the Sipura website and as I said all the
    > documentation has a copyright date of 2004. Which is not very
    > informative if there has been a hardware update that includes
    > recognition of other forms of CLI.

    This would be a firmware issue rather than hardware I would have
    thought..? The latest firmware for the SPA-3000 is 2.0.13g, the same as
    for my 2000 and is available here:
    http://www.sipura.com/support/index.htm - the notes for this are dated
    2005 but no month seems to be stated. Later than the 2004 you have seen
    anyway.

    Hope this helps.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, May 16, 2005
  5. David Floyd

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Mon, 16 May 2005, Ivor Jones writes

    >I think I read you correctly. The regional settings of the Sipura dictate
    >which form of CLI is passed to connected phones. Or did you mean something
    >else..? There should not be any problem with recognising CLI coming in
    >from the outside world, at least I don't have any problem on my 2000.

    I don't think we are talking about the same thing. Your 2000 does not
    have a FXO port therefore would not have any need to recognize incoming
    BT CLI format. Your incoming calls are coming via your SIP provider and
    would not have BT CLI format.

    The FXO port on the 3000 only recognizes Bellcore Type 1 for incoming
    PSTN calls according to 2004 documentation. I thought I had read
    somewhere that there had been an upgrade which includes other CLI
    recognition including BT.

    The reason I ask is because I would like to route different incoming
    PSTN calls differently according to their CLI (or lack of). But that
    can't be done if the FXO port does not recognize BT type CLI.

    >> And yes I have looked on the Sipura website and as I said all the
    >> documentation has a copyright date of 2004. Which is not very
    >> informative if there has been a hardware update that includes
    >> recognition of other forms of CLI.

    >This would be a firmware issue rather than hardware

    Yes, I typed the wrong word :-(

    David
    David Floyd, May 16, 2005
  6. David Floyd

    > In message of Mon, 16 May 2005, Ivor Jones writes
    >>
    >>I think I read you correctly. The regional settings of the Sipura
    >>dictate
    >>which form of CLI is passed to connected phones. Or did you mean
    >>something
    >>else..? There should not be any problem with recognising CLI coming in
    >>from the outside world, at least I don't have any problem on my 2000.

    > I don't think we are talking about the same thing. Your 2000 does not
    > have a FXO port therefore would not have any need to recognize incoming
    > BT CLI format. Your incoming calls are coming via your SIP provider and
    > would not have BT CLI format.

    Ah, I see what you mean. But if my incoming calls were from PSTN numbers
    the CLI would be passed from the originating network, yes..?

    > The FXO port on the 3000 only recognizes Bellcore Type 1 for incoming
    > PSTN calls according to 2004 documentation. I thought I had read
    > somewhere that there had been an upgrade which includes other CLI
    > recognition including BT.

    All I can suggest is try the latest firmware, if it's later than what you
    already have.

    Let me know how you get on..!

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, May 16, 2005
  7. David Floyd

    Dave Gill Guest

    Ivor Jones <> wrote:

    > Ah, I see what you mean. But if my incoming calls were from PSTN numbers
    > the CLI would be passed from the originating network, yes..?

    My old GS ATA-486 has an FSO port that only passes on Bellcore type CLI.
    Works fine with a dual-spec phone, but plug a BT-only type phone into it
    and voila, no CLI...

    It's not down to the type of incoming CLI; this seems to be one of the
    areas where Telewest is using BT-type CLI (or something very close).
    Take a phone off the TW line, where it quite happily shows incoming CLI,
    and plug it into the ATA's FXO port and suddenly it doesn't show CLI.

    And no, I don't know how or why it does it.

    Dave Gill, May 16, 2005
  8. David Floyd

    Roly Guest

    David Floyd" <> wrote in message
    > All the publicity that I've seen for the 3000 says it only recognizes
    > Bellcore Type 1 CLI. Most Sipura paperwork including the big manual has a
    > copyright date of 2004 so I wonder if there has been an update to the 3000
    > that allows it to recognize other Caller ID and in particular the UK BT
    > type.
    >
    > Does any-one know please?
    >
    > Many thanks.
    >
    > David

    I can confirm that the FXO port on the Sipura 3000 will indeed work with
    BT's CLID. There is a regional setting for Caller ID Method which I have set
    to ETSI FSK With PR(UK). I can call my PSTN line from my mobile and the
    Sipura is correctly passing the caller ID onto my * box.

    There is only one regional setting that I can see - so it looks like the FXO
    and FXS ports use the same setting.

    Software version: 2.0.11(GWg)
    Hardware version: 2.0.1(0875)

    HTH

    Roly.
    Roly, May 16, 2005
  9. David Floyd

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Mon, 16 May 2005, Roly writes
    >David Floyd" <> wrote in message
    >> All the publicity that I've seen for the 3000 says it only recognizes
    >> Bellcore Type 1 CLI. Most Sipura paperwork including the big manual has a
    >> copyright date of 2004 so I wonder if there has been an update to the 3000
    >> that allows it to recognize other Caller ID and in particular the UK BT
    >> type.
    >>
    >> Does any-one know please?
    >>
    >> Many thanks.
    >>
    >> David

    >I can confirm that the FXO port on the Sipura 3000 will indeed work with
    >BT's CLID. There is a regional setting for Caller ID Method which I have set
    >to ETSI FSK With PR(UK). I can call my PSTN line from my mobile and the
    >Sipura is correctly passing the caller ID onto my * box.
    >
    >There is only one regional setting that I can see - so it looks like the FXO
    >and FXS ports use the same setting.
    >
    >Software version: 2.0.11(GWg)
    >Hardware version: 2.0.1(0875)
    >
    >HTH

    Yes, thanks.

    I've just read an interesting thread on Voxilla about this. So I am
    about to purchase a 3000 now.

    David
    David Floyd, May 16, 2005
  10. David Floyd

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Roly" <> wrote in message

    [snip]

    > I can confirm that the FXO port on the Sipura 3000 will indeed work with
    > BT's CLID. There is a regional setting for Caller ID Method which I have
    > set to ETSI FSK With PR(UK). I can call my PSTN line from my mobile and
    > the Sipura is correctly passing the caller ID onto my * box.
    >
    > There is only one regional setting that I can see - so it looks like the
    > FXO and FXS ports use the same setting.
    >
    > Software version: 2.0.11(GWg)
    > Hardware version: 2.0.1(0875)

    As I said, latest firmware version is 2.0.13(g) so you might want to
    install that also.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, May 16, 2005