    line two but it seems that you can only have one provider for each
    physical line, is that so?

    Bob
    bob garbutt, Jan 22, 2008

  2. bob garbutt

    Tim Guest

    bob garbutt wrote:

    > I have a
    > pap2 and was hoping to have two providers on line 1 and another two on
    > line two but it seems that you can only have one provider for each
    > physical line, is that so?

    Correct.

    You can have multiple outbound providers on one physical line on an
    SPA-3102.

    Tim
    Tim, Jan 22, 2008

  3. bob garbutt

    Oldie Guest

    In article <Z3jlj.241874$>,
    bob garbutt <> wrote:

    > hi there,
    >
    > I'm using a SPA1001 with two providers on the one line of the device ie
    > voipcheap for out going calls and sipgate for in coming calls! I have a
    > pap2 and was hoping to have two providers on line 1 and another two on
    > line two but it seems that you can only have one provider for each
    > physical line, is that so?
    >
    > Bob

    You can do this with Voxalot - on any ATA.

    Oldie
    Oldie, Jan 22, 2008
  4. bob garbutt

    bob garbutt Guest

    Oldie wrote:
    > In article <Z3jlj.241874$>,
    > bob garbutt <> wrote:
    >
    >> hi there,
    >>
    >> I'm using a SPA1001 with two providers on the one line of the device ie
    >> voipcheap for out going calls and sipgate for in coming calls! I have a
    >> pap2 and was hoping to have two providers on line 1 and another two on
    >> line two but it seems that you can only have one provider for each
    >> physical line, is that so?
    >>
    >> Bob

    > You can do this with Voxalot - on any ATA.
    >
    > Oldie

    thats a pain, so that it's not possible then, I read somewhere that you
    could put the firmware from a spa1001 onto the pap2 to get it to work?

    bob
    bob garbutt, Jan 22, 2008
  5. bob garbutt

    Brian A Guest

    On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 13:46:45 GMT, bob garbutt
    <> wrote:

    >Oldie wrote:
    >> In article <Z3jlj.241874$>,
    >> bob garbutt <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> hi there,
    >>>
    >>> I'm using a SPA1001 with two providers on the one line of the device ie
    >>> voipcheap for out going calls and sipgate for in coming calls! I have a
    >>> pap2 and was hoping to have two providers on line 1 and another two on
    >>> line two but it seems that you can only have one provider for each
    >>> physical line, is that so?
    >>>
    >>> Bob

    >> You can do this with Voxalot - on any ATA.
    >>
    >> Oldie

    >thats a pain, so that it's not possible then, I read somewhere that you
    >could put the firmware from a spa1001 onto the pap2 to get it to work?

    Yes, I have read many articles on this. However, you do take a risk in
    that somthing may go wrong and you and up with a 'brick'.
    Why not take the advice of 'Oldie' and look at Voxalot. It is easy to
    use and will allow you to have trillions of outgoing providers.
    If you want any incoming providers you'll have to pay. If you don't
    want to pay you can use mysipswitch but, personally, I'd go for
    Voxalot.

    ---
    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    ---
    Brian A, Jan 23, 2008
  6. bob garbutt

    B. Wright Guest

    bob garbutt <> wrote:
    > Oldie wrote:
    > > In article <Z3jlj.241874$>,
    > > bob garbutt <> wrote:
    > >
    > >> hi there,
    > >>
    > >> I'm using a SPA1001 with two providers on the one line of the device ie
    > >> voipcheap for out going calls and sipgate for in coming calls! I have a
    > >> pap2 and was hoping to have two providers on line 1 and another two on
    > >> line two but it seems that you can only have one provider for each
    > >> physical line, is that so?
    > >>

    > > You can do this with Voxalot - on any ATA.
    > >

    > thats a pain, so that it's not possible then, I read somewhere that you
    > could put the firmware from a spa1001 onto the pap2 to get it to work?

    You can do that, it works fine, but it won't do what you are asking
    for because once you put the SPA-1001 firmware on the PAP2 it acts as
    an SPA-1001. The 1001 has two lines on one port, so, the second port on
    your PAP2 (and most of the lights) will stop working completely so you
    are not going to be able to use more than two accounts. Most people
    who did this did so to unlock the Vonage PAP2 and/or prefer to have
    two accounts on one physical port rather than split across the two ports.
    B. Wright, Jan 25, 2008