    These products are available for sale only to approved Service Providers and
    Resellers. They are not available for purchase by the general public."

    Geo
    Geo, Oct 22, 2005

  2. Geo

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Geo" <> wrote in message
    news:
    > Looks like we will not be able to buy these anymore now
    > Linksys have grabbed Sipura - SPA1001, SPA2002, SPA2100
    > and SPA3000.
    >
    > Start here and pick any model and scroll to bottom of
    > page... http://tinyurl.com/c2azn
    >
    > "Please Note:
    > These products are available for sale only to approved
    > Service Providers and Resellers. They are not available
    > for purchase by the general public."
    >

    > Geo

    That site wanted to set too many cookies for my liking. After I'd rejected
    the 30th I gave up.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Oct 22, 2005

  3. Geo

    7 Guest

    Ivor Jones wrote:

    > "Geo" <> wrote in message
    >> Looks like we will not be able to buy these anymore now
    >> Linksys have grabbed Sipura - SPA1001, SPA2002, SPA2100
    >> and SPA3000.
    >>
    >> Start here and pick any model and scroll to bottom of
    >> page... http://tinyurl.com/c2azn
    >>
    >> "Please Note:
    >> These products are available for sale only to approved
    >> Service Providers and Resellers. They are not available
    >> for purchase by the general public."
    >>

    >> Geo

    > That site wanted to set too many cookies for my liking. After I'd rejected
    > the 30th I gave up.
    >
    > Ivor

    Eh? Why?
    You can run firefox and set the cookies to be deleted when
    you exit firefox.
    http://www.mozilla.org/
    7, Oct 23, 2005
  4. Geo

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "7" <> wrote in
    message
    > Ivor Jones wrote:

    [snip]

    > > That site wanted to set too many cookies for my liking.
    > > After I'd rejected the 30th I gave up.

    > Eh? Why?
    > You can run firefox and set the cookies to be deleted when
    > you exit firefox.
    > http://www.mozilla.org/

    I do run Firefox, but any site that wants to set that many cookies doesn't
    get a visit from me, whether I can delete them afterwards or not. I don't
    want them there in the first place..!

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Oct 23, 2005
  5. Geo

    Joe Harrison Guest

    Can't believe Linksys really want to refuse a sale, suspect an
    over-enthusiastic marketing droid here. Perhaps what they really mean is
    "don't expect lots of handholding getting it to work."
    Joe Harrison, Oct 23, 2005
  6. Geo

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Sat, 22 Oct 2005, Geo writes
    >Looks like we will not be able to buy these anymore now Linksys have grabbed
    >Sipura - SPA1001, SPA2002, SPA2100 and SPA3000.
    >
    >Start here and pick any model and scroll to bottom of page...
    >http://tinyurl.com/c2azn
    >
    >"Please Note:
    >These products are available for sale only to approved Service Providers and
    >Resellers. They are not available for purchase by the general public."

    What's wrong with that? THEY do not want to sell to the General Public,
    OK. But the general public can buy from a reseller - who presumably will
    give support - not Linksys.

    DF
    David Floyd, Oct 24, 2005
  7. Geo

    alexd Guest

    Geo wrote:

    > Looks like we will not be able to buy these anymore now Linksys have
    > grabbed Sipura - SPA1001, SPA2002, SPA2100 and SPA3000.
    >
    > Start here and pick any model and scroll to bottom of page...
    > http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Satellite?childpagename=US/Layout\
    > &packedargs=c%3DL_Product_C1%26cid%3D1126197002167\
    > &pagename=Linksys%2FCommon%2FVisitorWrapper
    >
    > "Please Note:
    > These products are available for sale only to approved Service Providers
    > and Resellers. They are not available for purchase by the general public."

    They'll appear on eBay in short order, no doubt.

    alexd
    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    10:34:56 up 19 days, 15:43, 3 users, load average: 0.37, 0.36, 0.31
    alexd, Oct 24, 2005
  8. Geo

    Geo Guest

    On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 09:33:22 +0100, David Floyd <> wrote:

    >What's wrong with that? THEY do not want to sell to the General Public,
    >OK. But the general public can buy from a reseller - who presumably will
    >give support - not Linksys.

    Because the device will only be supplied locked to that resellers voip service.
    See for example the Vonage PAP2 devices.

    Geo
    Geo, Oct 24, 2005
  9. Geo

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Mon, 24 Oct 2005, Geo writes
    >On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 09:33:22 +0100, David Floyd <> wrote:
    >
    >>What's wrong with that? THEY do not want to sell to the General Public,
    >>OK. But the general public can buy from a reseller - who presumably will
    >>give support - not Linksys.

    >Because the device will only be supplied locked to that resellers voip service.
    >See for example the Vonage PAP2 devices.

    Well you snipped to much from the previous post:
    >"Please Note:
    >These products are available for sale only to approved Service Providers and
    >Resellers. They are not available for purchase by the general public."

    Now I would expect what you say from a Service Provider, but not from a
    Reseller. I don't think you will find it's locked when purchased from a
    reseller who isn't a Service Provider
    David Floyd, Oct 24, 2005
  10. Geo

    Mark Guest

    wrote:

    >In message of Sat, 22 Oct 2005, Geo writes
    >>Looks like we will not be able to buy these anymore now Linksys have grabbed
    >>Sipura - SPA1001, SPA2002, SPA2100 and SPA3000.
    >>
    >>Start here and pick any model and scroll to bottom of page...
    >>http://tinyurl.com/c2azn
    >>
    >>"Please Note:
    >>These products are available for sale only to approved Service Providers and
    >>Resellers. They are not available for purchase by the general public."
    >>

    >What's wrong with that? THEY do not want to sell to the General Public,
    >OK. But the general public can buy from a reseller - who presumably will
    >give support - not Linksys.
    >
    >DF

    What about firmware updates? Will we see this page updated in future:

    http://www.sipura.com/support/index.htm

    Somehow I doubt it :-(
    Mark, Oct 24, 2005
  11. Geo

    Geo Guest

    On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 19:22:38 +0100, Mark <> wrote:

    >What about firmware updates? Will we see this page updated in future:
    >
    >http://www.sipura.com/support/index.htm
    >
    >Somehow I doubt it :-(

    Agreed - couple of quotes from broadbandbuyer site about another "unlocked"
    linksys product:-

    "Linksys WRT54GP2 Unlocked 54Mbps Wireless-G VoIP Broadband Router w/2 Phone
    Ports "
    Buyer 1...................
    "As said below, linksys do not support this, i phoned to discuss an issue with
    the voice and they said i shouldn't have access to that and to phone my VOIP
    provider. "
    Buyer 2.................
    " Potential buyers look out tho - this unit is not directly supported by Linksys
    and comes with year-old firmware so looks like you're on your own if you run
    into any problems."

    Geo
    Geo, Oct 25, 2005
  12. Geo

    Rick Marks Guest

    wrote:

    >On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 09:33:22 +0100, David Floyd <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>In message of Sat, 22 Oct 2005, Geo writes
    >>>Looks like we will not be able to buy these anymore now Linksys have grabbed
    >>>Sipura - SPA1001, SPA2002, SPA2100 and SPA3000.
    >>>
    >>>Start here and pick any model and scroll to bottom of page...
    >>>http://tinyurl.com/c2azn
    >>>
    >>>"Please Note:
    >>>These products are available for sale only to approved Service Providers and
    >>>Resellers. They are not available for purchase by the general public."
    >>>

    >>What's wrong with that? THEY do not want to sell to the General Public,
    >>OK. But the general public can buy from a reseller - who presumably will
    >>give support - not Linksys.
    >>
    >>DF

    >What about firmware updates? Will we see this page updated in future:
    >
    >http://www.sipura.com/support/index.htm
    >
    >Somehow I doubt it :-(

    There's recently added 2100 firmware (3.2.2g)

    :)
    Rick Marks, Nov 11, 2005
  13. In article <vRvz+nyBZLXDFwbV@127.0.0.1>,
    David Floyd <> writes:

    > Now I would expect what you say from a Service Provider, but not from a
    > Reseller. I don't think you will find it's locked when purchased from a
    > reseller who isn't a Service Provider

    I've just ordered 2 SPA-3000's from a reseller without any problems.

    --
    Andrew Gabriel
    Andrew Gabriel, Nov 11, 2005