    dejjones Guest

    Is it possible to set up the SPA 3102, so that all outgoing daytime
    calls go via VOIP, then all evening & weekend calls go via PSTN( BT)?
    dejjones, Apr 16, 2008

  2. "dejjones" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Is it possible to set up the SPA 3102, so that all outgoing daytime
    > calls go via VOIP, then all evening & weekend calls go via PSTN( BT)?

    With its power off the SPA 3102 defaults to PSTN

    Get a digital mains timer and set it so it is on all week but cut the power
    over the weekend - these timer plugs can be picked up quite cheaply - low
    tech answer but it should work!
    A.N. Onymous Esq, Apr 16, 2008

  3. dejjones

    Brian A Guest

    On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 20:45:50 GMT, (Jose) wrote:

    >On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 20:53:25 +0100, "A.N. Onymous Esq" <no.spam@me>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>With its power off the SPA 3102 defaults to PSTN
    >>
    >>Get a digital mains timer and set it so it is on all week but cut the power
    >>over the weekend - these timer plugs can be picked up quite cheaply - low
    >>tech answer but it should work!

    >In my case, that's good enough for outgoing calls to landline numbers,
    >only; doesn't work for calls to mobiles, neither for incoming VoIP
    >calls :-(
    >
    >Maybe the SPA-3103 wil do it, or some other manufacturer sees a niche
    >there ;-)
    >
    >Regards,
    >Jose

    Well, as someone suggested, you could use an Orchid dialler.
    Programmed appropriately, in conjunction with the dial plan, it would
    be easy to switch providers according to charge period.
    I think some people have stated that they do this. I haven't tried it
    with my Sipura SPA-3000 because I have had no need to do it. However,
    I did try it with a Fritzbox but got misbehaviour problems.

    ---
    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    ---
    Brian A, Apr 17, 2008
  4. dejjones

    Iain Guest

    Jose wrote:

    > In my case, that's good enough for outgoing calls to landline numbers,
    > only; doesn't work for calls to mobiles, neither for incoming VoIP
    > calls :-(
    >
    > Maybe the SPA-3103 wil do it, or some other manufacturer sees a niche
    > there ;-)

    An orchid dialler box is very cheap. It's the obvious solution, except
    that unless you use the version with a PSU, you may lose incoming CLI.
    Iain, May 6, 2008
  5. dejjones

    Dave Saville Guest

    On Tue, 6 May 2008 15:45:07 UTC, Iain <> wrote:

    > Jose wrote:
    >
    > > In my case, that's good enough for outgoing calls to landline numbers,
    > > only; doesn't work for calls to mobiles, neither for incoming VoIP
    > > calls :-(
    > >
    > > Maybe the SPA-3103 wil do it, or some other manufacturer sees a niche
    > > there ;-)

    > An orchid dialler box is very cheap. It's the obvious solution, except
    > that unless you use the version with a PSU, you may lose incoming CLI.

    Not always true. I have the PSU version. I lose CLI. :-(

    --
    Regards
    Dave Saville

    Dave Saville, May 7, 2008
  6. dejjones

    Iain Guest

    Dave Saville wrote:

    >> An orchid dialler box is very cheap. It's the obvious solution, except
    >> that unless you use the version with a PSU, you may lose incoming CLI.

    > Not always true. I have the PSU version. I lose CLI. :-(

    Ah, but is there a PSU powering it? I found that the PSU version with no
    PSU running is no better.
    Iain, May 7, 2008
  7. dejjones

    Dave Saville Guest

    On Wed, 7 May 2008 08:24:12 UTC, Iain <> wrote:

    > Dave Saville wrote:
    >
    > >> An orchid dialler box is very cheap. It's the obvious solution, except
    > >> that unless you use the version with a PSU, you may lose incoming CLI.

    > > Not always true. I have the PSU version. I lose CLI. :-(
    > >

    > Ah, but is there a PSU powering it? I found that the PSU version with no
    > PSU running is no better.

    Yes it was powering it. Since changing phones to a much smarter one I
    have taken it out of circuit.

    --
    Regards
    Dave Saville