    the SPA-3000 answers the call and sends a dialtone, but does not
    recognize DTMF keys: the dialtone simply goes on :((

    Help appreciated !
    Marc Zirnheld, Mar 7, 2008

  2. Marc Zirnheld

    Jono Guest

    Marc Zirnheld pretended :
    > I'm using a Sipura/Tiptel co-branded SPA-3000 with firmware release
    > 3.1.20(GW) -- the latest, AFAIK.
    >
    > I'd like a (now local, in the future distant) SIP phone to access the
    > SPA and be able to place calls throuh the PSTN interface; and
    > vice-versa, calls from the PSTN would ring the SIP phone.
    >
    > The SPA-3000 instructions are quite cumbersome and the web configuration
    > interface is not logically organized to my mind, so I probably missed a
    > point: does the SPA-3000 acts as a SIP server, so a SIP phone has to
    > register to it ? Or is another intermediate registrar (like one of a
    > VOIP service provider) in the loop ?
    >
    > Anyway, I could not register a SIP phone to the SPA-3000.
    >
    > When a PSTN call comes in at the FX0 interface through the Line conector
    > (I am in 2-stage dialing, and "Off Hook While Calling VoIP" options),
    > the SPA-3000 answers the call and sends a dialtone, but does not
    > recognize DTMF keys: the dialtone simply goes on :((
    >
    > Help appreciated !

    you may find the Linksys/Sipura help files on this page a worthwhile
    read.

    <http://www.provu.co.uk/support.html>
    Jono, Mar 7, 2008

  3. D'apres Jono <>,

    > you may find the Linksys/Sipura help files on this page a worthwhile
    > read.
    > <http://www.provu.co.uk/support.html>

    Many thanks. I found interesting info in
    http://www.provu.co.uk/pdf/sipura/spa_backtoback_2x_spa3000.pdf

    At present, it works both ways (PSTN <-> VOIP) using an intermediaite
    registrar (I am using 3CX for test purposes). A drawback is that the
    PSTN-to-VOIP CID is blocked (replaced by the incoming extension number
    of 3CX)

    I will not be using two SPA-3000 (unless there is no other way and I
    change my plans) but a ordinary SIP phone on the remote end (at present
    I use a softphone for tests). So I still have some work to do...
    Marc Zirnheld, Mar 7, 2008
  4. Things are rather fine at present, except that the SPA-3000 does not
    detect a disconnect tone from the PSTN line interface.

    Of course in PSTN tab I switched "Detect Disconnect Tone:" to YES.

    The busy/disconnect tone is 500 ms 440 Hz, then 500 ms silence.
    I entered 440@-8;6(.5/.5/1) but there is no detection.
    Lowering the -8 dBm detection level does not seem to help :(
    Marc Zirnheld, Mar 9, 2008
  5. Marc Zirnheld

    Brian A Guest

    On Sun, 09 Mar 2008 11:30:36 +0100, Marc Zirnheld
    <> wrote:

    >Things are rather fine at present, except that the SPA-3000 does not
    >detect a disconnect tone from the PSTN line interface.
    >
    >Of course in PSTN tab I switched "Detect Disconnect Tone:" to YES.
    >
    >The busy/disconnect tone is 500 ms 440 Hz, then 500 ms silence.
    >I entered 440@-8;6(.5/.5/1) but there is no detection.
    >Lowering the -8 dBm detection level does not seem to help :(

    I haven't tried using the PSTN up to now but I have been doing some
    reading recently. I saw this in a Voxilla thread, it may be of help as
    there is reference to the UK.
    http://tinyurl.com/2xz2p8

    ---
    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    ---
    Brian A, Mar 9, 2008
  6. D'apres Brian A <>,
    dans le forum uk.telecom.voip...

    > I saw this in a Voxilla thread, it may be of help as
    > there is reference to the UK.
    > http://tinyurl.com/2xz2p8

    Thanks, actually while you were typing I found the answer here:
    http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2004-October/061995.html
    and although it is said not to work, it works for me.

    Disconnect Tone: 440@-30,440@30;5(.5/.5/1+2)

    It seems a bit strange to enter the same frequency twice. Well, as long
    as it works ;)
    Marc Zirnheld, Mar 9, 2008