    Do you know how to increase this time ? I cannot find any parameter for that
    (if you are too late, your can hang up and pick up again...)

    Stephane

    Stephane M, Sep 18, 2005

  2. Stephane M

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Stephane M" <> wrote in message
    news:dgknom$5d7$1$
    > Hello
    >
    > 1) My SPA-3000 dial tone is about 3s when you pick up the
    > phone, then stop !!!
    > Do you know how to increase this time ? I cannot find any
    > parameter for that (if you are too late, your can hang up
    > and pick up again...)
    > Stephane

    The dial tone on my Sipura SPA-2000 is set in the "Regional" tab on the
    advanced setup menu, I would assume that the 3000 has a similar setup..?

    On the 2000 the entry for dial tone is as follows:
    350@-19,440@-19;10(*/0/1+2) - what does yours say..?

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Sep 18, 2005

  3. Stephane M

    Ian Guest

    "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message

    > "Stephane M" <> wrote in message
    > > Hello
    > >
    > > 1) My SPA-3000 dial tone is about 3s when you pick up the
    > > phone, then stop !!!
    > > Do you know how to increase this time ? I cannot find any
    > > parameter for that (if you are too late, your can hang up
    > > and pick up again...)
    > > Stephane

    > The dial tone on my Sipura SPA-2000 is set in the "Regional" tab on the
    > advanced setup menu, I would assume that the 3000 has a similar setup..?
    >
    > On the 2000 the entry for dial tone is as follows:
    > 350@-19,440@-19;10(*/0/1+2) - what does yours say..?

    Thats the tones used to make the dial tone.

    Stephanes problem seems to be that the short interdigit timer or the like is
    coming into effect. as that seems to be the only timer of about three
    seconds but why. If dialtone was just timing out then you would hear reorder
    tone.

    Stephane what does your dial plan look like ? I think the problem may lay
    there.

    Ian

    Ian, Sep 19, 2005
  4. Stephane M

    Brian Guest

    On 2005-09-18, Stephane M <> wrote:
    > Hello
    >
    > 1) My SPA-3000 dial tone is about 3s when you pick up the phone, then stop
    > !!!
    > Do you know how to increase this time ? I cannot find any parameter for that
    > (if you are too late, your can hang up and pick up again...)

    Locate the Dial Tone: parameter. Mine says 350@-19,440@-19;10(*/0/1+2).
    Change the '10' to whatever suits you.

    Brian.

    Brian, Sep 19, 2005
  5. Stephane M

    Stephane M Guest

    "Brian" <> wrote in message
    > On 2005-09-18, Stephane M <> wrote:
    >> Hello
    >>
    >> 1) My SPA-3000 dial tone is about 3s when you pick up the phone, then
    >> stop
    >> !!!
    >> Do you know how to increase this time ? I cannot find any parameter for
    >> that
    >> (if you are too late, your can hang up and pick up again...)

    > Locate the Dial Tone: parameter. Mine says 350@-19,440@-19;10(*/0/1+2).
    > Change the '10' to whatever suits you.
    >
    > Brian.

    My dial tone is the same as yours. I just changed the "10" by "200" :
    350@-19,440@-19;200(*/0/1+2)
    But seems to change nothing.

    BTW, how do you read this line ? What does it mean exactly ?

    I am not sure that this is linked to my dial plan...
    My dial plan is :
    (<#90,:>x.<:mad:gw0>|<#91,:>x.<:mad:gw1>|<#92,:>x.<:mad:gw2>|<0:0044>[12]xxxxxxxxxS0<:mad:gw1>|<:141>0[78]xxxxxxxxx<:mad:gw0>|0033[1-5]xxxxxxxx<:mad:gw1>|0049xxxxxxxx<:mad:gw1>|999<:mad:gw0>|x.)

    Stephane M, Sep 19, 2005
  6. Stephane M

    Brian Guest

    On 2005-09-19, Stephane M <> wrote:

    > "Brian" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Locate the Dial Tone: parameter. Mine says 350@-19,440@-19;10(*/0/1+2).
    >> Change the '10' to whatever suits you.

    > My dial tone is the same as yours. I just changed the "10" by "200" :
    > 350@-19,440@-19;200(*/0/1+2)
    > But seems to change nothing.

    What precisely are your before and after observations? Initially you
    should get ten seconds of dial tone and afterwards two hundred seconds.
    That is how it works here. You have used 'Submit All Changes'?

    > BTW, how do you read this line ? What does it mean exactly ?

    At this time of the morning and having had only three cups of tea, I
    don't read it very accurately! More seriously, I don't have the manual
    to hand and don't use a SPA-3000. But someone else is likely to be
    along later to interpret it.

    > I am not sure that this is linked to my dial plan...
    > My dial plan is :
    > (<#90,:>x.<:mad:gw0>|<#91,:>x.<:mad:gw1>|<#92,:>x. ..... [Line truncated]

    You could determine if there is any interaction between the dial tone
    setting and the dial plan by deleting the dial plan after making a copy
    of it.

    Brian.

    Brian, Sep 19, 2005
  7. Stephane M

    Sparks Guest

    "Stephane M" <> wrote in message
    > Hello
    >
    > 1) My SPA-3000 dial tone is about 3s when you pick up the phone, then stop
    > !!!
    > Do you know how to increase this time ? I cannot find any parameter for
    > that
    > (if you are too late, your can hang up and pick up again...)
    >
    > Stephane

    It is either the Interdigit Long Timer:
    or the Interdigit Short Timer: in the Regional page.

    Both mine are set to 10

    Sparks...

    Sparks, Sep 19, 2005
  8. Stephane M

    Brian Guest

    On 2005-09-19, Sparks <> wrote:

    > It is either the Interdigit Long Timer:
    > or the Interdigit Short Timer: in the Regional page.

    Both these settings relate to the maximum time allowed between dialed
    digits. How can they affect the length of the dial tone which you get
    before any number is input?

    Brian.

    Brian, Sep 19, 2005
  9. Stephane M

    Sparks Guest

    "Brian" <> wrote in message
    > On 2005-09-19, Sparks <> wrote:
    >>
    >> It is either the Interdigit Long Timer:
    >> or the Interdigit Short Timer: in the Regional page.

    > Both these settings relate to the maximum time allowed between dialed
    > digits. How can they affect the length of the dial tone which you get
    > before any number is input?
    >
    > Brian.

    ....because this is also the the timeout between picking up the phone and
    dialing the fist number

    Sparks...

    Sparks, Sep 19, 2005
  10. Stephane M

    Sparks Guest

    > ...because this is also the the timeout between picking up the phone and
    > dialing the fist number

    After having a play with mine, it seems to be the Interdigit Short Timer:
    that is the one you need to change, not the Interdigit Long Timer:

    Sparks...

    Sparks, Sep 19, 2005
  11. Stephane M

    Brian Guest

    On 2005-09-19, Sparks <> wrote:

    > "Brian" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Both these settings relate to the maximum time allowed between dialed
    >> digits. How can they affect the length of the dial tone which you get
    >> before any number is input?
    >>
    >> Brian.

    > ...because this is also the the timeout between picking up the phone and
    > dialing the fist number

    This can be found in a FAQ on Sipura's website:

    'Interdigit Short Timer specifies the default maximum time (in seconds)
    allowed between dialed digits, when at least one candidate digit
    sequence is complete as dialed.'

    The emphasis is on time between digits rather than the time between
    picking up the phone and dialing the first digit.

    My settings are:

    Interdigit Long Timer: 10
    Interdigit Short Timer: 3
    Dial Tone: 350@-19,440@-19;20(*/0/1+2)

    Interdigit Short Timer behaves as described. If the number dialed
    matches a sequence in the dial plan it is dialed 3 seconds after keying
    in the last digit.

    In the Dial Tone string 20 is the length of the cadence, the bit in
    brackets, in seconds. So twenty seconds after picking up the phone, and
    before any dialing, the dial tone ceases. This also behaves as
    expected.

    I think you are saying that altering Interdigit Short Timer alters the
    time for which the dial tone lasts. This doesn't happen for me. So is
    there something else involved which must be done to get this behaviour?

    Brian.

    Brian, Sep 19, 2005
  12. Stephane M

    Stephane M Guest

    "Sparks" <> wrote in message

    >> ...because this is also the the timeout between picking up the phone and
    >> dialing the fist number

    > After having a play with mine, it seems to be the Interdigit Short Timer:
    > that is the one you need to change, not the Interdigit Long Timer:
    >
    > Sparks...

    Thanks to all of you guys....
    Works fine, thanks again....

    Stephane M, Sep 20, 2005
  13. Stephane M

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Stephane M" <> wrote in message
    > "Sparks" <> wrote in message
    > >

    > > > ...because this is also the the timeout between
    > > > picking up the phone and dialing the fist number

    > > After having a play with mine, it seems to be the
    > > Interdigit Short Timer: that is the one you need to
    > > change, not the Interdigit Long Timer: Sparks...
    > >

    > Thanks to all of you guys....
    > Works fine, thanks again....

    See, this group *can* be useful, unlike the trolls :)

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Sep 20, 2005