SPA-3000 Dial Plan with Asterisk@Home

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Sparks, Aug 5, 2005.

  1. Sparks

    Sparks Guest

    Okay, Just got my new SPA-3000, seems to be configured OK with my
    Asterisk@home box now!

    I can call out on it, Asterisk routs the call as per it's setup (UK Land
    lines via VoIPBuster, for example)

    I would like all calls to mobile numbers, originating from this box, to
    route via a specific carrier, now I have managed to do this with the
    following line in the "Line 1" dial plan of the SPA-3000

    <:*210>x.

    I then setup my Asterisk dialling rules to recognise the prefix *210, and
    route the calls accordingly. (*210|07. is in the route I want all 07 numbers
    to route with)

    This is fine, however I can't dial internal numbers now!

    Can someone point me in the right direction please!
    (Or tell me I am going about it all wrong, and enlighten me!)

    Sparks...
    Sparks, Aug 5, 2005

  2. Sparks

    Jono Guest

    "Sparks" <> wrote in message
    > Okay, Just got my new SPA-3000, seems to be configured OK with my
    > Asterisk@home box now!
    >
    > I can call out on it, Asterisk routs the call as per it's setup (UK Land
    > lines via VoIPBuster, for example)
    >
    > I would like all calls to mobile numbers, originating from this box, to
    > route via a specific carrier, now I have managed to do this with the
    > following line in the "Line 1" dial plan of the SPA-3000
    >
    > <:*210>x.
    >
    > I then setup my Asterisk dialling rules to recognise the prefix *210, and
    > route the calls accordingly. (*210|07. is in the route I want all 07
    > numbers to route with)
    >
    > This is fine, however I can't dial internal numbers now!
    >
    > Can someone point me in the right direction please!
    > (Or tell me I am going about it all wrong, and enlighten me!)
    >
    > Sparks...

    Can you not use the dial settings on the *@h trunk or outbound routing
    pages?

    I have my spa3k set to dial all numbers xx|x. I think and * takes care of
    the routing.
    Jono, Aug 5, 2005

  3. In article <42f3d924$0$38043$>,
    "Sparks" <> writes:
    > Okay, Just got my new SPA-3000, seems to be configured OK with my
    > Asterisk@home box now!
    >
    > I can call out on it, Asterisk routs the call as per it's setup (UK Land
    > lines via VoIPBuster, for example)
    >
    > I would like all calls to mobile numbers, originating from this box, to
    > route via a specific carrier, now I have managed to do this with the
    > following line in the "Line 1" dial plan of the SPA-3000
    >
    > <:*210>x.

    Well, that just means prefix all numbers with *210
    (subject to its position in the dialplan, which you haven't given).

    If you only want 07 numbers prefixed, you probably want something
    more like:

    <07:*21007>x.

    AFAIK, all 07 numbers are same length, so you can get slightly faster
    dialling by giving the length and disabling the timer at the end...

    <07:*21007>xxxxxxxxxS0

    --
    Andrew Gabriel
    Andrew Gabriel, Aug 5, 2005
  4. Sparks

    Ian Guest

    "Sparks" <> wrote in message
    > Okay, Just got my new SPA-3000, seems to be configured OK with my
    > Asterisk@home box now!
    >
    > I can call out on it, Asterisk routs the call as per it's setup (UK Land
    > lines via VoIPBuster, for example)
    >
    > I would like all calls to mobile numbers, originating from this box, to
    > route via a specific carrier, now I have managed to do this with the
    > following line in the "Line 1" dial plan of the SPA-3000
    >
    > <:*210>x.
    >
    > I then setup my Asterisk dialling rules to recognise the prefix *210, and
    > route the calls accordingly. (*210|07. is in the route I want all 07

    numbers
    > to route with)
    >
    > This is fine, however I can't dial internal numbers now!
    >
    > Can someone point me in the right direction please!
    > (Or tell me I am going about it all wrong, and enlighten me!)

    Hi

    What you need to do is pass all digits as dialed to the * box and then let
    that do the routing. You can still prefix calls but le * sort out how to
    dial them

    For example I set things up with
    9 for pstn
    8 for main voip
    6 for voipuser
    71 for FWD

    when dialing mobiles it doesnt matter what prefix as the time of day routing
    controls what carrier they use.

    But all phones send digits as dialed.

    Ian
    Ian, Aug 5, 2005
  5. Sparks

    Sparks Guest

    > Well, that just means prefix all numbers with *210
    > (subject to its position in the dialplan, which you haven't given).

    That was the dialplan on the SPA-3000 (then)!

    > If you only want 07 numbers prefixed, you probably want something
    > more like:
    >
    > <07:*21007>x.
    >
    > AFAIK, all 07 numbers are same length, so you can get slightly faster
    > dialling by giving the length and disabling the timer at the end...
    >
    > <07:*21007>xxxxxxxxxS0

    Thanks for that, I didn't know about the magic S0

    My dialplan (On the Line 1 Tab) is now....

    0906xS0|118xxxS0|100S0|112S0|999S0|1471S0|1571S0|2xxS0|<0871:*2100871>x.|<0870:*2100870>x.|<07:*21007>xxxxxxxxxS0|[1-8]xxxxxS0|01xxxxxxxxxS0|02xxxxxxxxxS0|*xx|x.

    This seems to do exactly what I want now (well, for now anyway!!) :)

    I am assuming all 01 and 02 numbers are 11 digits long (or shorter)
    Would this be the correct assumption!?

    The reason for doing this is, I want the phones connected to the SPA-3000 to
    act just like it was a BT line to the end user, I don't want them to have to
    dial any funny prefixes for any calls.
    I also want calls placed through the SPA-3000 to route differently to other
    SIP phones I have, hence the auto prefixing of *210 which Asterisk picks up,
    and routes accordingly.

    If there is a better way, please let me know, as you may have guessed, I am
    fairly new to Asterisk (and I have only had the SPA-3000 since this
    afternoon (First bit of Sipura kit to me!)

    Sparks...
    Sparks, Aug 6, 2005
  6. In article <42f3efbf$0$38041$>,
    "Sparks" <> writes:
    >> Well, that just means prefix all numbers with *210
    >> (subject to its position in the dialplan, which you haven't given).

    >That was the dialplan on the SPA-3000 (then)!
    >

    >> If you only want 07 numbers prefixed, you probably want something
    >> more like:
    >>
    >> <07:*21007>x.
    >>
    >> AFAIK, all 07 numbers are same length, so you can get slightly faster
    >> dialling by giving the length and disabling the timer at the end...
    >>
    >> <07:*21007>xxxxxxxxxS0

    >Thanks for that, I didn't know about the magic S0
    >
    >My dialplan (On the Line 1 Tab) is now....
    >
    >0906xS0|118xxxS0|100S0|112S0|999S0|1471S0|1571S0|2xxS0|<0871:*2100871>x.|<0870:*2100870>x.|<07:*21007>xxxxxxxxxS0|[1-8]xxxxxS0|01xxxxxxxxxS0|02xxxxxxxxxS0|*xx|x.

    0906xS0 looks wrong unless 0906x numbers are all only 5 digits.
    You can only use S0 at the end of the number when you are sure
    there will be no more digits -- it tells the SPA not to wait
    for you to dial another digit.

    >This seems to do exactly what I want now (well, for now anyway!!) :)
    >
    >I am assuming all 01 and 02 numbers are 11 digits long (or shorter)
    >Would this be the correct assumption!?

    No - some 01 numbers are 10 digits.

    Here are my own dialstring notes:

    999 emergency
    1xx. 112, 151, 141..., 1471..., etc.
    0[12]xxxxxxxxx STD with max local digits
    01xxxxxxxx 01234 etc, with 5 digit local
    07xxxxxxxxx mobile, personal
    [2-9]xxxx local (in 01234, etc areas with 5 digit local)
    [2-9]xxxxx local (in 01234, etc areas with 6 digit local)
    [2-9]xxxxxx local (in 0118, etc areas)
    [2-9]xxxxxxx local (in 020, etc areas).
    0[589]x. Various things like 0500... and others I don't know
    00x. international

    Some of these can be merged, and only one of the 'local' entries
    will be relevant (or possibly two if your area has 5 and 6 digit
    local numbers). Here is the dialstring I use (with my own private
    VoIP bits starting 000 removed). I make no guarantee it is fully
    correct, but it's worked OK so far for me.

    (999S0<:mad:gw0>|1xx.<:mad:gw0>|01xxxxxxxx<:mad:gw0>|0[127]xxxxxxxxxS0<:mad:gw0>|[2-9]xxxx<:mad:gw0>|[2-9]xxxxxS0<:mad:gw0>|0[589]x.<:mad:gw0>|00[1-9]x.<:mad:gw0>)

    Note there is no S0 on the end of the 01xxxxxxxx 10 digit entry,
    as that would stop the SPA from waiting to see if there is an
    11th digit.

    --
    Andrew Gabriel
    Andrew Gabriel, Aug 6, 2005