    some specific number...

    Is there a possibility to do this ? like ' *9 ' -> to use the PSTN Line

    Thanks

    David M, Jun 30, 2005

  2. David M wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I've got a SPA-3000 recently.
    > I disabled the possibility to switch from voIP -> PSTN when I want to
    > make a call and that the VoiP provider is down.
    > (I would like to avoid bad surprise on my phone bill.....)
    >
    > However, I would like to force the SPA to use the PSTN line when I use
    > some specific number...
    >
    > Is there a possibility to do this ? like ' *9 ' -> to use the PSTN Line

    You mean if you dial some sequence from the telephone set connected to
    the "Line 1" (FXS) port of the SPA-3000? Sure: just craft a suitable
    dialplan in the "Line 1" panel of the "Advanced" admin setup. For
    instance, this dialplan, a subset of the one I use at home:

    (<##,:>[*x].|[*x].<:mad:gw0>)

    ....would result, by default, in calls to the PSTN (the "gateway 0"),
    unless you dial "##" which will give you a dial tone (like dialing "9"
    on some PBX's to get the external line) prompting you for digits to be
    dialed through the main Voip account defined under "Proxy and
    Registration" and "Subscriber Information" in the same panel.
    To speed up the dialing and avoid a wait for digit timeout, just
    terminate your phone numbers with a "#", just as it's normally done
    when calling IDD.

    Probably (but I haven't tested it) the behaviour you described above
    would require this dialplan:

    If you don't want a dialtone after the "*9", just take out the ","
    after the "9".

    Enzo

    Enzo Michelangeli, Jul 1, 2005