SPA-3000 - 2 questions on FXO/FXS

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Stephane M, Sep 7, 2005.

  1. Stephane M

    Stephane M Guest

    Hello,

    1) I have a real difference between the "volume" of a Voip call or a PSTN
    call (VOIP Louder than a PSTN one)
    I don't have any possibility to adjust the volume on my analog phone....

    Do you know if there is a way to adjust the level for PSTN or Voip calls ??

    2) I have from time to time, my SPA riging, when nobody is on the line...
    (some glitches ?)
    It seems to be a problem of impedance, gain.... of my PSTN line....
    Is somebody can tell me which value are in :
    Regional -> FXS Port Input Gain: and
    Regional -> FXS Port Output Gain:
    (I am based in the UK !!)

    3) I find the SPA manual a bit "light" is there a way to have more
    infomation on ...
    * specifities of the UK Lines.. (impedances needed)
    * for instance :holding tone : 600@-19;*(.1/.1/1,.1/.1/1,.1/9.5/1) -> What
    does it mean exactly and how to modify ???? etc......

    Stephane M, Sep 7, 2005

  2. Stephane M

    Jono Guest

    "Stephane M" <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > 1) I have a real difference between the "volume" of a Voip call or a PSTN
    > call (VOIP Louder than a PSTN one)
    > I don't have any possibility to adjust the volume on my analog phone....
    >
    > Do you know if there is a way to adjust the level for PSTN or Voip calls
    > ??
    >
    > 2) I have from time to time, my SPA riging, when nobody is on the line...
    > (some glitches ?)
    > It seems to be a problem of impedance, gain.... of my PSTN line....
    > Is somebody can tell me which value are in :
    > Regional -> FXS Port Input Gain: and
    > Regional -> FXS Port Output Gain:
    > (I am based in the UK !!)
    >
    > 3) I find the SPA manual a bit "light" is there a way to have more
    > infomation on ...
    > * specifities of the UK Lines.. (impedances needed)
    > * for instance :holding tone : 600@-19;*(.1/.1/1,.1/.1/1,.1/9.5/1) -> What
    > does it mean exactly and how to modify ???? etc......

    Have a look at this thread - should have all the info you need.

    http://voxilla.com/forum-viewtopic-t-2963-highlight-regional.html

    Jono, Sep 7, 2005

  3. Stephane M

    Brian A Guest

    On Wed, 07 Sep 2005 18:21:06 GMT, "Jono" <> wrote:

    >"Stephane M" <> wrote in message
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> 1) I have a real difference between the "volume" of a Voip call or a PSTN
    >> call (VOIP Louder than a PSTN one)
    >> I don't have any possibility to adjust the volume on my analog phone....
    >>
    >> Do you know if there is a way to adjust the level for PSTN or Voip calls
    >> ??
    >>
    >> 2) I have from time to time, my SPA riging, when nobody is on the line...
    >> (some glitches ?)
    >> It seems to be a problem of impedance, gain.... of my PSTN line....
    >> Is somebody can tell me which value are in :
    >> Regional -> FXS Port Input Gain: and
    >> Regional -> FXS Port Output Gain:
    >> (I am based in the UK !!)
    >>
    >> 3) I find the SPA manual a bit "light" is there a way to have more
    >> infomation on ...
    >> * specifities of the UK Lines.. (impedances needed)
    >> * for instance :holding tone : 600@-19;*(.1/.1/1,.1/.1/1,.1/9.5/1) -> What
    >> does it mean exactly and how to modify ???? etc......
    >>

    >Have a look at this thread - should have all the info you need.
    >
    >http://voxilla.com/forum-viewtopic-t-2963-highlight-regional.html

    I haven't bothered to connect the FXO on my 3000 because I am only
    interested in voip. However, I do know that there can be a difference
    in the gain levels. You can alter the FXS gain if you look at the
    bottom of the Regional Tab.
    I think the problem you will be having is that the volume on the FXO
    seems lower than the FXS. There is a limit though to how much gain you
    can have before you start to get instability. Thus you are probably
    better turning down the FXS gain nearer match the volume levels of the
    FXO/FXS calls.
    You do need to make sure that the impedance is correct too.
    See the link supplied above.

    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Brian A, Sep 7, 2005
  4. Stephane M