SPA-2100: Setting up Speed Dial?

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by ian, Feb 18, 2007.

  1. ian

    ian Guest

    I'm trying to set up speed dialing on an SPA-2100.

    Under Voice > Advanced > Line 1 > Supplementary Service Description, I
    have set Speed Dial Serv to Yes.

    Under Voice > Advanced > User 1 > Speed Dial Settings, I have put a
    phone number, terminated with #, into the Speed Dial 2 box.

    But when I dial 2 on the phone, all I get is a long silence followed by
    the number unobtainable tone.

    I have also tried entering the phone number from the phone itself, by
    dialing *2 followed by the number and a #. Again, I get number
    unobtainable (I was expecting an acknowledgement of two short beeps),
    and the phone number does not appear in the web's Speed Dial 2 box.

    What am I missing?

    --
    Ian
    ian, Feb 18, 2007

  2. ian

    Brian A Guest

    On Sun, 18 Feb 2007 11:06:25 GMT, ian <> wrote:

    >I'm trying to set up speed dialing on an SPA-2100.
    >
    >Under Voice > Advanced > Line 1 > Supplementary Service Description, I
    >have set Speed Dial Serv to Yes.
    >
    >Under Voice > Advanced > User 1 > Speed Dial Settings, I have put a
    >phone number, terminated with #, into the Speed Dial 2 box.
    >
    >But when I dial 2 on the phone, all I get is a long silence followed by
    >the number unobtainable tone.
    >
    >I have also tried entering the phone number from the phone itself, by
    >dialing *2 followed by the number and a #. Again, I get number
    >unobtainable (I was expecting an acknowledgement of two short beeps),
    >and the phone number does not appear in the web's Speed Dial 2 box.
    >
    >What am I missing?

    I am only familiar with the SPA-3000. However, I think that it will be
    the same. To call speed dials you dial the speed dial number followed
    by a #, eg. 2#.
    I don't think that there is a need to follow the speed dial entry, in
    User 1, by a #.
    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    Brian A, Feb 18, 2007

  3. ian

    ian Guest

    In message <>, Brian A
    <> writes
    >I am only familiar with the SPA-3000. However, I think that it will be
    >the same. To call speed dials you dial the speed dial number followed
    >by a #, eg. 2#.
    >I don't think that there is a need to follow the speed dial entry, in
    >User 1, by a #.

    Magic! Now why didn't I think of that!

    Many thanks Brian.

    --