SPA-1001

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by bob garbutt, Jun 14, 2007.

  1. bob garbutt

    bob garbutt Guest

    hi, there,

    Have now updated to latest firmware and it now seems more stable, still
    trying to get two sip providers working though!

    I want to make calls via vopicheap.com because they offer free calls to
    uk and loads of other destinations

    I want to receive call from voipcheap.co.uk because they gave a free
    in-coming voip number!

    I would like this to be seamless and not need me to prefix the number
    with anythink?

    Cheers, Bob
     
    bob garbutt, Jun 14, 2007
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. bob garbutt

    Brian Guest

    On 2007-06-14, bob garbutt <> wrote:

    > hi, there,
    >
    > Have now updated to latest firmware and it now seems more stable, still
    > trying to get two sip providers working though!
    >
    > I want to make calls via vopicheap.com because they offer free calls to
    > uk and loads of other destinations
    >
    > I want to receive call from voipcheap.co.uk because they gave a free
    > in-coming voip number!


    Would you please describe what does work? Outgoing calls? Incoming
    calls? Both?

    > I would like this to be seamless and not need me to prefix the number
    > with anythink?


    This is a dial plan issue. It should be easy to fix. But if outgoing
    calling is not working you should fix that first.

    Brian.
     
    Brian, Jun 14, 2007
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. bob garbutt

    bob garbutt Guest

    Brian wrote:
    > On 2007-06-14, bob garbutt <> wrote:
    >
    >> hi, there,
    >>
    >> Have now updated to latest firmware and it now seems more stable, still
    >> trying to get two sip providers working though!
    >>
    >> I want to make calls via vopicheap.com because they offer free calls to
    >> uk and loads of other destinations
    >>
    >> I want to receive call from voipcheap.co.uk because they gave a free
    >> in-coming voip number!

    >
    > Would you please describe what does work? Outgoing calls? Incoming
    > calls? Both?
    >
    >> I would like this to be seamless and not need me to prefix the number
    >> with anythink?

    >
    > This is a dial plan issue. It should be easy to fix. But if outgoing
    > calling is not working you should fix that first.
    >
    > Brian.


    Outgoing calling is working ok with just the one line, want to use one
    voip provider for in-coming and another for outgoing, any suggestions re
    dial plan would be great
     
    bob garbutt, Jun 14, 2007
    #3
  4. bob garbutt

    Brian Guest

    On 2007-06-14, bob garbutt <> wrote:

    > Outgoing calling is working ok with just the one line, want to use one
    > voip provider for in-coming and another for outgoing, any suggestions re
    > dial plan would be great


    The last last few pages of the SPA-2000 and SPA-3000 manual describe the
    dial plan syntax. It should be easy enough to locate with a search.

    I take it you want to avoid having to dial a number like 00442012345678.
    If you put <02:00442>xxxxxxxxx in the dial plan you need only dial the
    number as you would from a BT line. That is, 02012345678. The dial plan
    will replace the 02 with 00442. <01:00441>xxxxxxxxx would cover numbers
    like 01519876543.

    Brian.
     
    Brian, Jun 14, 2007
    #4
  5. bob garbutt

    Brian A Guest

    On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 18:44:30 +0000 (UTC), Brian <>
    wrote:

    >On 2007-06-14, bob garbutt <> wrote:
    >
    >> Outgoing calling is working ok with just the one line, want to use one
    >> voip provider for in-coming and another for outgoing, any suggestions re
    >> dial plan would be great

    >
    >The last last few pages of the SPA-2000 and SPA-3000 manual describe the
    >dial plan syntax. It should be easy enough to locate with a search.
    >
    >I take it you want to avoid having to dial a number like 00442012345678.
    >If you put <02:00442>xxxxxxxxx in the dial plan you need only dial the
    >number as you would from a BT line. That is, 02012345678. The dial plan
    >will replace the 02 with 00442. <01:00441>xxxxxxxxx would cover numbers
    >like 01519876543.
    >
    >Brian.

    Alternatively, you can cover both instances:-

    <0:0044>[1-2]xx.
    The final dot is important.
    or local calls
    <:00441274>[2-9]xxxxx
    Where 1274 is the code from bradford - replace with your own.
    It assumes a 6 digit local number, if you have more or less digits
    then omit an 'x' or add one as appropriate.



    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Sign the petition to get High Definition TV via Freeview.
    Get your friends to sign too!
    Ofcom want to auction off the spectrum needed for Hi Def.
    TV.
    http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/High-Definition/
     
    Brian A, Jun 14, 2007
    #5
  6. Brian A wrote:
    > On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 18:44:30 +0000 (UTC), Brian <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> On 2007-06-14, bob garbutt <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Outgoing calling is working ok with just the one line, want to use
    >>> one voip provider for in-coming and another for outgoing, any
    >>> suggestions re dial plan would be great

    >>
    >> The last last few pages of the SPA-2000 and SPA-3000 manual describe
    >> the dial plan syntax. It should be easy enough to locate with a
    >> search.
    >>
    >> I take it you want to avoid having to dial a number like
    >> 00442012345678. If you put <02:00442>xxxxxxxxx in the dial plan you
    >> need only dial the number as you would from a BT line. That is,
    >> 02012345678. The dial plan will replace the 02 with 00442.
    >> <01:00441>xxxxxxxxx would cover numbers like 01519876543.
    >>
    >> Brian.

    > Alternatively, you can cover both instances:-
    >
    > <0:0044>[1-2]xx.


    Or <0:0044>[1-8]xx.

    If you want to cover the range including mobiles, or pick and choose
    within that the ranges you want to accpet.



    > The final dot is important.
    > or local calls
    > <:00441274>[2-9]xxxxx
    > Where 1274 is the code from bradford - replace with your own.
    > It assumes a 6 digit local number, if you have more or less digits
    > then omit an 'x' or add one as appropriate.
    >
    >
    >
    > Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    >
    > Sign the petition to get High Definition TV via Freeview.
    > Get your friends to sign too!
    > Ofcom want to auction off the spectrum needed for Hi Def.
    > TV.
    > http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/High-Definition/



    --
    60 day free DVD rental: www.southeastbirmingham.co.uk/dvd
    Mobile Offers: www.southeastbirmingham.co.uk/mob
    http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/230volt
     
    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Jun 14, 2007
    #6
  7. bob garbutt

    Guest

    On 14 Jun, 20:20, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"
    <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
    > Brian A wrote:
    > > On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 18:44:30 +0000 (UTC), Brian <>
    > > wrote:

    >
    > >> On 2007-06-14, bob garbutt <> wrote:

    >
    > >>> Outgoing calling is working ok with just the one line, want to use
    > >>> one voip provider for in-coming and another for outgoing, any
    > >>> suggestions re dial plan would be great

    >
    > >> The last last few pages of the SPA-2000 and SPA-3000 manual describe
    > >> the dial plan syntax. It should be easy enough to locate with a
    > >> search.

    >
    > >> I take it you want to avoid having to dial a number like
    > >> 00442012345678. If you put <02:00442>xxxxxxxxx in the dial plan you
    > >> need only dial the number as you would from a BT line. That is,
    > >> 02012345678. The dial plan will replace the 02 with 00442.
    > >> <01:00441>xxxxxxxxx would cover numbers like 01519876543.

    >
    > >> Brian.

    > > Alternatively, you can cover both instances:-

    >
    > > <0:0044>[1-2]xx.

    >
    > Or <0:0044>[1-8]xx.
    >
    > If you want to cover the range including mobiles, or pick and choose
    > within that the ranges you want to accpet.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > > The final dot is important.
    > > or local calls
    > > <:00441274>[2-9]xxxxx
    > > Where 1274 is the code from bradford - replace with your own.
    > > It assumes a 6 digit local number, if you have more or less digits
    > > then omit an 'x' or add one as appropriate.

    >
    > > Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    >
    > > Sign the petition to get High Definition TV via Freeview.
    > > Get your friends to sign too!
    > > Ofcom want to auction off the spectrum needed for Hi Def.
    > > TV.
    > >http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/High-Definition/

    >
    > --
    > 60 day free DVD rental:www.southeastbirmingham.co.uk/dvd
    > Mobile Offers:www.southeastbirmingham.co.uk/mobhttp://petitions.pm.gov.uk/230volt- Hide quoted text -
    >
    > - Show quoted text -- Hide quoted text -
    >
    > - Show quoted text -


    hi again, still having problems with gettinbg the dialplan to work,
    all i want to do is to be able to make a local london call without
    dialing the 0207 and 0208! i tried all sort of alterations to a dial
    paln but cannot get it to work! Could someone give me a help? I've
    tried grafting in some examples that have been sent to me without any
    luck. Bob
     
    , Jun 25, 2007
    #7
  8. bob garbutt

    Paul Cupis Guest

    wrote:
    > hi again, still having problems with gettinbg the dialplan to work,
    > all i want to do is to be able to make a local london call without
    > dialing the 0207 and 0208! i tried all sort of alterations to a dial
    > paln but cannot get it to work! Could someone give me a help? I've
    > tried grafting in some examples that have been sent to me without any
    > luck. Bob


    You should be trying to set it up so you don't need to dial the '020',
    not the '0207'/'0208'. The area/dialling code for London is 020.

    With this is mind, does it work any better? You do need to dial the '7'
    or '8' in the examples you've given.
     
    Paul Cupis, Jun 25, 2007
    #8
  9. bob garbutt

    Paul Cummins Guest

    In article <>,
    () wrote:

    > hi again, still having problems with gettinbg the dialplan to work,
    > all i want to do is to be able to make a local london call without
    > dialing the 0207 and 0208!


    There is no 0207 or 0208 code...


    --
    Paul Cummins - Always a NetHead
    Wasting Bandwidth since 1981
     
    Paul Cummins, Jun 25, 2007
    #9
  10. Paul Cummins wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > () wrote:
    >
    >> hi again, still having problems with gettinbg the dialplan to work,
    >> all i want to do is to be able to make a local london call without
    >> dialing the 0207 and 0208!

    >
    > There is no 0207 or 0208 code...


    Indeed the code for London is 020.

    The 3, 7 or 8 are part of the local phone number.

    For local London calls you can simply dial the local number, be it 3nnn
    nnnn, 7nnn nnnn or 8nnn nnnn or, when more ranges are added, 4nnn nnnn,
    5nnn nnnn etc.

    (*xx|0|00|<0:0044>[1-8]xx.|<:004420>[2-8]xxxxxxx|xx.)

    The above should work for the Betamax service such as VoIP Cheap,
    VoIPStunt, VoIPDiscount etc.

    This allows you to dial London numbers without the 020 dialling code.
    Though as mentioned above ensure you do did the full local number and
    not miss the first digit off the number.

    (*xx|0|00|<:020>[2-8]xxxxxxx|xx.) should work for Sipgate.

    If someone spots any mistakes, please let us all know.


    --
    60 day free DVD rental: www.southeastbirmingham.co.uk/dvd
    Mobile Offers: www.southeastbirmingham.co.uk/mob
    http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/signage
     
    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Jun 25, 2007
    #10
  11. bob garbutt

    Brian Guest

    On 25-06-2007, {{{{{Welcome}}}}} <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

    > Indeed the code for London is 020.
    >
    > The 3, 7 or 8 are part of the local phone number.
    >
    > For local London calls you can simply dial the local number, be it 3nnn
    > nnnn, 7nnn nnnn or 8nnn nnnn or, when more ranges are added, 4nnn nnnn,
    > 5nnn nnnn etc.
    >
    > (*xx|0|00|<0:0044>[1-8]xx.|<:004420>[2-8]xxxxxxx|xx.)
    >
    > The above should work for the Betamax service such as VoIP Cheap,
    > VoIPStunt, VoIPDiscount etc.
    >
    > This allows you to dial London numbers without the 020 dialling code.
    > Though as mentioned above ensure you do did the full local number and
    > not miss the first digit off the number.
    >
    > (*xx|0|00|<:020>[2-8]xxxxxxx|xx.) should work for Sipgate.
    >
    > If someone spots any mistakes, please let us all know.


    Am I correct in thinking the 0 and 00 elements have something to do with
    contacting an operator? How useful are they with a VoIP provider?

    --
    Brian
     
    Brian, Jun 26, 2007
    #11
  12. bob garbutt

    bob garbutt Guest

    Paul Cummins wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > () wrote:
    >
    >> hi again, still having problems with gettinbg the dialplan to work,
    >> all i want to do is to be able to make a local london call without
    >> dialing the 0207 and 0208!

    >
    > There is no 0207 or 0208 code...
    >
    >

    yep I realised what I said, sorry, not the first one to make that mistake
     
    bob garbutt, Jun 26, 2007
    #12
  13. bob garbutt

    bob garbutt Guest

    Brian wrote:
    > On 25-06-2007, {{{{{Welcome}}}}} <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
    >
    >> Indeed the code for London is 020.
    >>
    >> The 3, 7 or 8 are part of the local phone number.
    >>
    >> For local London calls you can simply dial the local number, be it 3nnn
    >> nnnn, 7nnn nnnn or 8nnn nnnn or, when more ranges are added, 4nnn nnnn,
    >> 5nnn nnnn etc.
    >>
    >> (*xx|0|00|<0:0044>[1-8]xx.|<:004420>[2-8]xxxxxxx|xx.)
    >>
    >> The above should work for the Betamax service such as VoIP Cheap,
    >> VoIPStunt, VoIPDiscount etc.
    >>
    >> This allows you to dial London numbers without the 020 dialling code.
    >> Though as mentioned above ensure you do did the full local number and
    >> not miss the first digit off the number.
    >>
    >> (*xx|0|00|<:020>[2-8]xxxxxxx|xx.) should work for Sipgate.
    >>
    >> If someone spots any mistakes, please let us all know.

    >
    > Am I correct in thinking the 0 and 00 elements have something to do with
    > contacting an operator? How useful are they with a VoIP provider?
    >

    thanks everyone, it works like a dream, no doubt dial plans are great if
    you want to do lots of options, very powerful, but at the moment only
    wanted to do something very simple! I may get into dial plans when I
    have more time,

    regards, Bob
     
    bob garbutt, Jun 26, 2007
    #13
  14. bob garbutt

    Paul Cupis Guest

    Brian wrote:
    > On 25-06-2007, {{{{{Welcome}}}}} <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
    >> (*xx|0|00|<:020>[2-8]xxxxxxx|xx.) should work for Sipgate.

    >
    > Am I correct in thinking the 0 and 00 elements have something to do with
    > contacting an operator? How useful are they with a VoIP provider?


    Looks to me like that would be for dialling national (0) and
    international (00) numbers, nothing to do with an operator.
     
    Paul Cupis, Jun 26, 2007
    #14
  15. bob garbutt

    Brian Guest

    On 26-06-2007, Paul Cupis <> wrote:

    > Brian wrote:
    >> On 25-06-2007, {{{{{Welcome}}}}} <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
    >>> (*xx|0|00|<:020>[2-8]xxxxxxx|xx.) should work for Sipgate.

    >>
    >> Am I correct in thinking the 0 and 00 elements have something to do with
    >> contacting an operator? How useful are they with a VoIP provider?

    >
    > Looks to me like that would be for dialling national (0) and
    > international (00) numbers, nothing to do with an operator.


    xx. matches both of those. 0 matches 0. Dial 0 and it goes out as 0
    after about a 3 second delay.

    --
    Brian
     
    Brian, Jun 27, 2007
    #15
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. ChrisR
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    1,130
    Ivor Jones
    Apr 29, 2005
  2. Brian A

    SPA-1001 ...voip to voip link?

    Brian A, Aug 30, 2005, in forum: UK VOIP
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    479
    Mark Adamson
    Aug 30, 2005
  3. Brian A
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    717
    PhilT
    May 19, 2006
  4. Chris Tomlinson
    Replies:
    11
    Views:
    1,338
    PhilT
    Jun 7, 2006
  5. Tim

    SPA-1001

    Tim, Mar 14, 2007, in forum: UK VOIP
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    510
Loading...

Share This Page