    The unique point is being able to run 2 SIP accounts on 1 phone for
    inbound and outbound calls.

    Tim

    Tim, Apr 12, 2007

  2. Tim

    Jono Guest

    Tim expressed precisely :
    > Hi,
    >
    > SPA-1001's are back in stock again.
    >

    > The unique point is being able to run 2 SIP accounts on 1 phone for
    > inbound and outbound calls.
    >
    > Tim

    Mine arrived today. Thanks for the speedy service!

    Jono, Apr 13, 2007

  3. "Tim" <> wrote in message
    > SPA-1001's are back in stock again.
    >
    > The unique point is being able to run 2 SIP accounts on 1 phone for
    > inbound and outbound calls.

    I hope they have better firmware than the 2100 then, which can handle two
    accounts in theory, but gets confused if you try it in practice (refuses
    incoming calls but appears OK because outgoing calls work). Still waiting
    for an upgrade that fixes this...

    --
    Phil McKerracher
    www.mckerracher.net

    Phil McKerracher, Apr 15, 2007
  4. Tim

    Jono Guest

    Phil McKerracher brought next idea :
    > "Tim" <> wrote in message
    >> SPA-1001's are back in stock again.
    >>
    >> The unique point is being able to run 2 SIP accounts on 1 phone for
    >> inbound and outbound calls.

    > I hope they have better firmware than the 2100 then, which can handle two
    > accounts in theory, but gets confused if you try it in practice (refuses
    > incoming calls but appears OK because outgoing calls work). Still waiting
    > for an upgrade that fixes this...

    I have a 2100 that runs as expected, with no problems. Which firmware
    are you using?

    Mine's Software Version: 2.0.5(a). Never got round to updating it.

    Jono, Apr 15, 2007
  5. Tim

    Tim Guest

    Phil McKerracher wrote:
    > I hope they have better firmware than the 2100 then, which can handle two
    > accounts in theory, but gets confused if you try it in practice (refuses
    > incoming calls but appears OK because outgoing calls work). Still waiting
    > for an upgrade that fixes this...

    I've never heard anybody say that before.

    Tim

    Tim, Apr 15, 2007
  6. "Jono" <> wrote in message
    > Phil McKerracher brought next idea :
    > > "Tim" <> wrote in message
    > >> SPA-1001's are back in stock again.
    > >>
    > >> The unique point is being able to run 2 SIP accounts on 1 phone for
    > >> inbound and outbound calls.

    > > I hope they have better firmware than the 2100 then, which can handle

    two
    > > accounts in theory, but gets confused if you try it in practice (refuses
    > > incoming calls but appears OK because outgoing calls work). Still

    waiting
    > > for an upgrade that fixes this...

    > I have a 2100 that runs as expected, with no problems. Which firmware
    > are you using?
    >
    > Mine's Software Version: 2.0.5(a). Never got round to updating it.

    Mine's running 3.2.5(d) allegedly

    Phil McKerracher, Apr 22, 2007
  7. Tim

    Jono Guest

    Phil McKerracher formulated on Sunday :
    > "Jono" <> wrote in message
    >> Phil McKerracher brought next idea :
    >>> "Tim" <> wrote in message

    >>> I hope they have better firmware than the 2100 then, which can handle two
    >>> accounts in theory, but gets confused if you try it in practice (refuses
    >>> incoming calls but appears OK because outgoing calls work). Still waiting
    >>> for an upgrade that fixes this...

    >> I have a 2100 that runs as expected, with no problems. Which firmware
    >> are you using?
    >>
    >> Mine's Software Version: 2.0.5(a). Never got round to updating it.

    > Mine's running 3.2.5(d) allegedly

    I don't suppose you're trying two simultaneous calls with two accounts
    from the same service provider, are you, by any chance?

    Jono, Apr 22, 2007
  8. "Jono" <> wrote in message
    > Phil McKerracher formulated on Sunday :
    > > "Jono" <> wrote in message
    > >> Phil McKerracher brought next idea :

    two

    (refuses

    waiting

    > >> I have a 2100 that runs as expected, with no problems. Which firmware
    > >> are you using?
    > >>
    > >> Mine's Software Version: 2.0.5(a). Never got round to updating it.

    > > Mine's running 3.2.5(d) allegedly

    > I don't suppose you're trying two simultaneous calls with two accounts
    > from the same service provider, are you, by any chance?

    Different providers actually, but AFAIK most providers allow simultaneous
    calls anyway, don't they? Indeed, that's one of the big benefits of VoIP
    over POTS.

    --
    Phil McKerracher
    www.mckerracher.net

    Phil McKerracher, Apr 22, 2007
  9. Tim

    Jono Guest

    Phil McKerracher brought next idea :

    >> I don't suppose you're trying two simultaneous calls with two accounts
    >> from the same service provider, are you, by any chance?

    > Different providers actually, but AFAIK most providers allow simultaneous
    > calls anyway, don't they? Indeed, that's one of the big benefits of VoIP
    > over POTS.

    Was just thinking aloud, really.

    Got different ports set on each line? Port forwarding correctly? What
    happens if you place the device in your router's DMZ? Are you, in fact,
    using the SPA2100 as a router?

    Jono, Apr 22, 2007
  10. Tim

    Tim Guest

    Jono wrote:

    > Got different ports set on each line? Port forwarding correctly? What
    > happens if you place the device in your router's DMZ? Are you, in fact,
    > using the SPA2100 as a router?

    Different local ports for both lines on SPA devices is important. Loads
    of people think `um, SIP, should be port 5060` and then change the local
    SIP port.

    Tim

    Tim, Apr 22, 2007
  11. Tim

    Jono Guest

    Tim wrote on 22/04/2007 :
    > Jono wrote:
    >
    >> Got different ports set on each line? Port forwarding correctly? What
    >> happens if you place the device in your router's DMZ? Are you, in fact,
    >> using the SPA2100 as a router?
    >>

    > Different local ports for both lines on SPA devices is important. Loads of
    > people think `um, SIP, should be port 5060` and then change the local SIP
    > port.

    Absolutely - which, as you know, was why I asked. The 2100 defaults to
    port 5061 on line 2, though.

    Jono, Apr 22, 2007