    Has anybody found anything like that?
    --
    PeteCresswell

    (PeteCresswell), Feb 11, 2011

  2. Roger Burton West, Feb 11, 2011

  3. Per Roger Burton West:
    >http://www6.nohold.net/Cisco2/ukp.aspx?pid=80&login=1&app=search&vw=1&articleid=5179
    >seems helpful in this regard. Appendix A of
    >http://www.jmgtechnology.com.au/spa_3102_guide.pdf is possibly more
    >friendly.

    The first one was extremely helpful.

    Now, at the risk of turning into a tar baby....

    My aim is for:

    - The user to dial "9" and then any number to place a VOIP call

    - Any number not prefixed by "9" is to go out on POTS

    The dial plan I come up with is:

    (<#9,:>xx.<:mad:gw1>|xx.<:mad:gw0>)

    But it does not seem to work.

    To wit:

    - I pick up the phone

    - I hear a dial tone

    - I key "9"

    - The dial tone stops immediately

    - I key in 610-513-006 (stopping one digit short of the
    number of my cell phone

    - What sounds like the POTS company comes on line with a
    "Call cannot be completed...." message.

    Could there be some "Line 1" settings that I need to make besides
    Dial Plan and Enable IP Dialing = True?

    I've got Auto PSTN Fallback = True. Sounds meaningful, but I
    have no clue....

    Screen snap of the whole enchilada here:
    http://tinyurl.com/4ru8fkg

    Click the magnifying glass/plus sign icon in the upper right,
    then click the plus sign icon in the upper left of the resulting
    window. After that, you sb able to navigate the pix using the
    rectangle control in the lower left of the screen.
    --
    PeteCresswell

    (PeteCresswell), Feb 12, 2011
  4. Per (PeteCresswell):
    >I've got Auto PSTN Fallback = True. Sounds meaningful, but I
    >have no clue....

    Figured that one out: if things go South, POTS is available.

    But I tried something else to try to narrow down the problem.

    I set Voice | PSTN Line | Line Enable = False.

    At that point, I did not, as expected, get a dial tone when off
    hook.

    But then I tried dialing "9" and a USA number in the format
    "123-456-7890" and nothing at all happened - which makes me think
    I've got something else messed up, maybe with the provider parms.
    --
    PeteCresswell

    (PeteCresswell), Feb 12, 2011
  5. Per (PeteCresswell):
    > which makes me think
    >I've got something else messed up, maybe with the provider parms.

    Ahhhh...... Voice | Info | Registration State = Failed.

    Seems self-explainatory.... I do have something messed up with
    the provider parms...... ??
    --
    PeteCresswell

    (PeteCresswell), Feb 12, 2011
  6. ePer (PeteCresswell):
    >Ahhhh...... Voice | Info | Registration State = Failed.
    >
    >Seems self-explainatory.... I do have something messed up with
    >the provider parms...... ??

    Got it.

    Voice | Line 1 | Proxy & Registration | User ID

    I had entered my CallCentric UserID.

    What it wanted was my CallCentric phone number.

    Now I have graduated to a busy signal on every number I dial....
    -)
    --
    PeteCresswell

    (PeteCresswell), Feb 12, 2011
  7. (PeteCresswell)

    Bob Eager Guest

    On Fri, 11 Feb 2011 18:09:02 -0500, (PeteCresswell) wrote:

    > My 3102's dial plan defaults to:
    >
    > (*xx|[3469]11|0|00|[2-9]xxxxxx|1xxx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|xxxxxxxxxxxx.)
    >

    > If I could find a detailed explaination of which each part does, it
    > would go a long way towards my understanding.
    >
    > Has anybody found anything like that?

    If you'd given an email address I could have sent you something useful.
    Pity.

    --
    Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
    http://www.mirrorservice.org

    Bob Eager, Feb 12, 2011
  8. Per Bob Eager:
    >If you'd given an email address I could have sent you something useful.
    >Pity.

    Also, I finally stumbled upon
    http://www.callcentric.com/support/device/linksys/spa3102

    Followed those directions to the letter, and I now have dial-out
    via VOIP.

    Their plan is:
    (*xx.|*xxx|*75xx|[3469]11|0|00|1xxx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|xxxxxxxxxxxx.|**275*x.)

    Now I need to pick it apart, put in something that says dial "9"
    for VOIP and make everything else go out local....
    --
    PeteCresswell

    (PeteCresswell), Feb 12, 2011
  9. In article <>,
    "(PeteCresswell)" <> writes:
    > Per Bob Eager:
    >>If you'd given an email address I could have sent you something useful.
    >>Pity.

    > Also, I finally stumbled upon
    > http://www.callcentric.com/support/device/linksys/spa3102
    >
    > Followed those directions to the letter, and I now have dial-out
    > via VOIP.
    >
    > Their plan is:
    > (*xx.|*xxx|*75xx|[3469]11|0|00|1xxx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|xxxxxxxxxxxx.|**275*x.)
    >
    > Now I need to pick it apart, put in something that says dial "9"
    > for VOIP and make everything else go out local....

    Try something like this (off top of my head, so might not work):

    (999S0<:mad:gw0>|<9:>x.|[0-8]x.<:mad:gw0>)

    999S0<:mad:gw0> matches 999, doesn't wait for any more digits, and
    passes the call onto POTS.

    <9:>x. matches a 9 followed by any more digits, strips off the
    leading 9, and passes the rest on.

    [0-8]x.<:mad:gw0> directs all calls starting 0 thro 8 to the POTS
    line. It will wait for 3 seconds of receiving no more digits
    before making the call. It's possible to do this much better if
    I know which STD code your POTS line is on (and thus what the
    format of POTS numbers in your area is).

    You can't dial POTS numbers starting with a 9, except 999.

    --
    Andrew Gabriel

    Andrew Gabriel, Feb 12, 2011
  10. (PeteCresswell)

    Graham. Guest

    > You can't dial POTS numbers starting with a 9, except 999.

    Pete is in the USofA :)

    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%