    Does this mean I have the latest service pack SP2 installed and if not where
    can I download it from please.

    AL
    Alan, Sep 6, 2004

  2. Alan

    Lloyd Jones Guest

    Right click on My Computer and it will tell you what service pack you have
    installed on the General tab.
    Lloyd Jones, Sep 6, 2004

  3. Alan

    Lloyd Jones Guest

    (Right click on my computer and go on properties)
    Lloyd Jones, Sep 6, 2004
  4. Alan

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "Alan" <> wrote in

    > In add/remove I have the following entry,
    >
    > "Windows XP Hotfix (SP2) See Q 329115 for more information"
    >

    > Does this mean I have the latest service pack SP2 installed and if not
    > where can I download it from please.
    >
    > AL

    If you go to the My Computer Line right-click it Properties, the System
    part of the screen will tell you if you have SP2 installed.

    If not Start Button/All Programs/Windows Update and scan the computer
    which should make the SP2 available for download and install.

    Duane :)
    Duane Arnold, Sep 6, 2004
  5. Alan

    Thor Guest

    "Alan" <> wrote in message
    > In add/remove I have the following entry,
    >
    > "Windows XP Hotfix (SP2) See Q 329115 for more information"
    >

    > Does this mean I have the latest service pack SP2 installed and if not

    where
    > can I download it from please.

    No. As far as I can tell, Microsoft puts the "SP2" designation on many patch
    file names/descriptions, to denote that they are patches that will be
    included in the Service Pack 2. They did the same for patches released prior
    to SP1. To determine if you have Service Pack 2 installed, simply go to the
    system properties and you should see the windows version and "Service Pack
    2" listed. If it just says "version 2002", and nothing else below it, then
    you don't even have SP1 installed. As for where you can get SP2, just turn
    on your automatic windows updating, or visit the windows update website, and
    you should find it listed among the recommended updates. You can also order
    an update CD from Microsoft.
    Thor, Sep 6, 2004