    computer with SP2 just won't plain connect.

    Thanks in advance,
    Drew
    =?Utf-8?B?RHJldw==?=, Aug 23, 2004

  2. t
    hats very rare you may rerinstall the wireless network program that may help
    or it will be better to check the router configuratin it m,ay be
    wrong or th firewall you have in tthe computer may have conflicts with your
    network i recommend you to turn off the firewall

    =?Utf-8?B?bWFsb2F2aQ==?=, Aug 23, 2004

  3. =?Utf-8?B?RHJldw==?=

    PhiL M. Guest

    Is one of your Linksys routers a WRT54G? And this router by any chance
    wouldn't be set to using Mixed Mode, would it?

    I had a similar problem when one of my friends came to stay with me with
    her notebook with an old Orinoco Mini PCI B-only card - the notebook
    still had the original (non SP1) Home Edition installed and with no
    updates! I had to switch my WRT54G router to B-only mode and WEP
    (normally set to WPA+AES) in order for her to connect. No problem
    detecting the router in Mixed Mode, but the connection simply failed,
    with or without SP2.

    "Drew" <> wrote in message
    | Here's a followup...
    |
    | So I ended up just buying a new USB card (this time Netgear G) and it
    | connects to the routers fine.. which leads me to believe that it is a
    | conflict with the Netgear B card and the Linksys router although I
    don't know
    | for sure.
    |
    | I did turn off the firewall and everything with the B card and it
    didn't
    | work so yea, not really sure why it just wouldn't connect. It did
    connect
    | just fine with the old Netgear router but not the Linksys router that
    I am

    PhiL M., Aug 25, 2004