    at this time my cd rom is dectected.next day when i boot up you
    guess it no cd rom .has any one seen this
    problem after installing SP2 .

    yags, Sep 20, 2004

  2. yags

    Special Ed Guest

    "yags" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > After i install SP2 windows did not detect my CD rom.but my
    > burner was detected.After a number of reboots the problem was
    > still there. I Then open the machine unplug the CD rom ribbon
    > and power and reboot, i then reconnect the cd rom and again reboot
    > at this time my cd rom is dectected.next day when i boot up you
    > guess it no cd rom .has any one seen this
    > problem after installing SP2 .

    Is it listed in the control panel- system- hardware- device manager list?

    If it is, and especially if there's a yellow question mark-- uninstall the
    entry here, power down, reboot.

    Special Ed, Sep 20, 2004

  3. yags

    reachinout Guest

    For Yag:

    I have just written to the Help Desk about what I suppose is a similar
    problem. I am looking for help too!!!!! Read my message written today (Sept.
    20). I am Reachinout. Wish we could help each other. I am really pretty
    aggravated and frustrated by it all.

    reachinout, Sep 20, 2004